Templates Buffet categories empty after reorganizing templates
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:22:30 PM
I created several categories many weeks ago to organize my blank templates. Last week I moved some of my templates into their respective categories for use with the "templates buffet" API. I am still waiting (5 DAYS LATER) for your database to be updated so I can start creating more products with your "templates buffet" API.

(FYI, the templates buffet feature was working great until I moved my templates into categories last week.)

Now, when I choose a templates category in the "templates buffet" selection area, the "URL placeholder" field DISAPPEARS which prevents me from using the "templates buffet" feature until you update your database.

Please help me to understand why there is such a serious delay in updating your database when I make these kind of changes.

These delays are extremely frustrating and discouraging to your designers who use the API.
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 11:29:04 PM
Also, the API links I've already created that point to existing categories and departments which were working beautifully until last week are now showing "No Matches found" when it should be showing a grid of products. This needs to be fixed immediately.
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:06:43 AM
Attached are links to screenshots of the page i'm talking about.

As you can see in the first screenshot, there is a field for the image placeholder value before I select my "All Templates" category. 1st screenshot

Once I choose my "All Templates" category (which is populated with 150 properly created templates), the image placeholder field disappears as shown in the 2nd screenshot attached to this post. 2nd screenshot
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:20:58 AM
I wonder if your problem is possibly related to this:
https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/new_products_not_sorting_to_their_categories
Granted, that thread refers to new products not going into their categories even after a couple days, but it's possible that shifting your templates into categories is part of the same problem.
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:40:28 AM
@colorwash, thank you for your input. I read that thread and see the similarities but my problem is with my blank templates appearing in my backend when I use the "templates buffet" feature. Until Tuesday or Wednesday of last week (May 8/9) I was able to use my "templates buffet" categories to create a buffet of products. After I moved some of my templates into other categories, NONE of my template categories can be used in the templates buffet feature because the image placeholder field no longer appears as it should. I am beyond frustrated with this issue and my inability to speak on the phone with a Zazzle tech support person to get it fixed.
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:47:37 AM
You may get more help by posting in the Technical forum though MODs/Tech normally aren't around on weekends.
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:27:11 AM
thank you @gina. I will post in that thread also.
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 6:10:25 AM
This issue seems to be resolved now. This thread can be closed.