Pinnable Images Tool for Zazzle Collections
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:22:21 PM
Hi there! The Pretty Pinnable Images Tool will take a collection URL and output a mockup of the products from that collection. Use this tool to create:

- promotional images for social media sites such as Pinterest
- banners for your Zazzle collections
- images for blog posts

Try it here >> colleenmichele.com/pinnable-images

The tool is completely free to use for all Zazzlers, and you can input any collection URL with your own referral and tracking codes.

Here's an example:

You can adjust the sizes of the products and choose different background and decoration options. You can also choose between horizontal and vertical layouts - and a Pinit button is included so you can share straight to Pinterest.

Comments and suggestions are welcome! You can email me with any questions or problems you have at: support (at) colleenmichele (dot) com.
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:01:37 AM
Nicely done! Just one question: How did you manage to get the center image larger with the outside images smaller? Or is that just a function of the product sizes themselves?
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:46:18 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Nicely done! Just one question: How did you manage to get the center image larger with the outside images smaller? Or is that just a function of the product sizes themselves?

The tool automatically does that. Smile It's most obvious when you just have a single column - but when you have 2 columns you'll notice the smallest items will be at the corners (if you have differently sized products).

For this one I had the 5x7 invitation at 100%, and I think I put the RSVP at 65% (probably too small, honestly), the insert card at 75%, and the label and postage at 50% - you can play around until it looks right to you. It's a little bit of extra work but I think the effect is nice!
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:55:47 AM
Wow! Nice job! I will def be using this one! Thanks Colleen!
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:21:09 AM
Colleen Michele wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

The tool automatically does that. Smile It's most obvious when you just have a single column - but when you have 2 columns you'll notice the smallest items will be at the corners (if you have differently sized products).

For this one I had the 5x7 invitation at 100%, and I think I put the RSVP at 65% (probably too small, honestly), the insert card at 75%, and the label and postage at 50% - you can play around until it looks right to you. It's a little bit of extra work but I think the effect is nice!

I'll have to take another look. I didn't see anyplace where I could change the sizes, but this doesn't mean it's not there.
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:35:58 AM
I must have been dreaming the first time, dreaming right on past those percentages! They're right there in front of my nose. Grin

So I did it again, but now I'm wondering why it's so huge. I didn't make anything above 100%. Is it because, on a lark, I chose 2 rows for 6 products? Yup, that was it. I thought "2 rows" meant "2 rows of products," not double the size.
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:37:16 PM
@shellibean - Thank you, glad you like it! Love

Colorwash wrote:
I must have been dreaming the first time, dreaming right on past those percentages! They're right there in front of my nose. Grin

So I did it again, but now I'm wondering why it's so huge. I didn't make anything above 100%. Is it because, on a lark, I chose 2 rows for 6 products? Yup, that was it. I thought "2 rows" meant "2 rows of products," not double the size.

Aww, I'm glad you found the sizes! Smile

The reason the final image looks larger is because it's being automatically resized to fit the width of the containing div - so narrower images (2 column, or vertical layout) will look larger, and wider images (horizontally oriented, like in my example) will look smaller. I haven't figured out a way to optimize it so images look reasonably sized no matter the settings, or how many products they have. I should probably put a max height on them for displaying on the page. But the image itself isn't necessarily bigger, it just looks that way.

To explain more in depth, the product "pieces" that make up the final image (e.g., each product that gets added) will be the same size regardless of layout. So a 5x7 invitation at 100% will always be the same size in the final image (in pixels) whether you're vertically or horizontally aligning the products. So the more products you have, the bigger the final image. And horizontal images will have a greater width while vertical images will have greater height. The final image just gets resized to fit the containing div so it might look much smaller than it really is, especially when it's horizontally oriented. I hope that makes sense!
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:53:52 AM
Yes, it makes total sense. It says that it's best for me to limit the number of products I show, which I'd be doing anyway, and so though I questioned the size, I'm not bothered by it.

Is it possible, by the way, for you to limit the size with something like "max="? I don't know if such a thing exists, of course, but it would be nice for coders if it did.

Come to think of it, I'd be using it on my web site where I can set anything to any size I want.
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:40:39 AM
I'm not seeing the varied sizes - still the row of same size icons in a row - as with the original Pin-it link (same link?)
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:49:56 AM
BKMuir wrote:
I'm not seeing the varied sizes - still the row of same size icons in a row - as with the original Pin-it link (same link?)

Maybe you missed it the same way I did at first. You should be seeing percentages in a row that you can change.
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:47:05 AM
BKMuir wrote:

editable percentages are underneath each product image...
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 10:33:31 AM
Thanks for the replys. I was thinking I might have scanned over the addition (while trying to get to sleep in the heat). Will try it out.
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:13:32 AM
Hmm, guess I should think about making the product size boxes more obvious!! Thanks for the feedback all.

@Colorwash - I could limit either the size of the final image you can download, or the size of the display box on the tool page - the question is to what! Optimal size will depend on the layout and numbers of products - e.g. I could limit vertical size, but that might become an issue if someone wants a really long vertical image with a single column of products, to display on Pinterest. Let me know if you have suggestions!
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:43:25 AM
Colleen, I've no idea how you can please all of us all the time and still have a workable widget. Grin
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:39:14 PM
I was hoping I could make images large on the left (or right) and get smaller as they moved right (or left) - or Up and Down.

I see it works with the largest size in the middle and smaller to outside.
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 5:47:44 PM
Thank you Colleen. People who know how to make computers do magical things amaze me. Roses
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:20:09 AM
Thank you, Colleen. I'm sure I'll be using that a lot; it's going straight to my bookmarks menu! Here's one I've just made. Ooops! It's bigger than I expected.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:20:45 AM
Wow, you are a genius, and a very generous one. Thank you for creating this fabulous tool. Very well done!
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:36:36 AM
Wow! What an amazing tool! Idea Colleen, mucho kudos and thank you from here to eternity! Roses
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:40:41 AM
I just found this tool today, what a fabulous item. thank you ColleenRoses
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 1:05:46 AM
Colleen - this is AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing such a fabulous tool. Promoting is not my strong point and know that it is more important than ever now with the state of plummeting zazzle sales. This is a gem and so are you Love

Kat x

Things are tight right now, but will pay it forward when I am able Grin
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 7:56:10 AM
This is, quite literally, the most AMAZING thing! THANK YOU!
Posted: Friday, December 01, 2017 11:56:21 AM
This is Beautiful! Thank you so much..
a request-any way to incorporate a semi transparent watermark across the layout? We could do it in our art program but wondering if possible to add to the program? This is just awesome like it is though. Love
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:22:07 PM
Colleen Michele wrote:
Hi there! The Pretty Pinnable Images Tool will take a collection URL and output a mockup of the products from that collection. Use this tool to create:

- promotional images for social media sites such as Pinterest
- banners for your Zazzle collections
- images for blog posts

Try it here >> colleenmichele.com/pinnable-images

The tool is completely free to use for all Zazzlers, and you can input any collection URL with your own referral and tracking codes.

Here's an example:

You can adjust the sizes of the products and choose different background and decoration options. You can also choose between horizontal and vertical layouts - and a Pinit button is included so you can share straight to Pinterest.

Comments and suggestions are welcome! You can email me with any questions or problems you have at: support (at) colleenmichele (dot) com.
\

Thank you Smile Is this only for pinterest? Should it work for Facebook?
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 12:55:05 PM
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:

Thank you Smile Is this only for pinterest? Should it work for Facebook?

After Processing your collection the Pin-it/Download section opens at the very bottom.
Click on the DOWNLOAD button and you can use the saved image where you want.
I have used it in many of my collection headers.

Open this collection to see the header:
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2018 11:33:03 PM
Daaaamn Shocked I think you just won the internet with that tool!
I can't believe how much Photoshop time you just saved me Roses Love Roses
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:01:16 PM
Trust you've seen the post Big Changes For the Pinterest Algorithm. I use your Pinnable Images Tool regularly. Will the vertical images produced by your tool automatically conform to the length limitation that Pinterest is going to start enforcing? Or, will we have to do our own measurements to ensure compliance? Thanks in advance your reply.

It's the following paragraph in the blog post mentioned above that raises these concerns:

Quote:
There will be penalties for creating longer pins. If you create pins longer than 1260 px your pin will get cut off, your reach will go down and eventually they will stop showing your pins in the feed. Basically extra long pins are about to die a quick death. (Don’t stress or worry about going back and deleting any long pins, just make sure that moving forward your pins are 2 x 3 ratio 600 x 900)

P.S. Love your tool!!!
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:22:24 PM
Reviving this thread June 2019 .. for anyone who has yet to use this wonderful tool for sharing to pinterest.. give it a try and yes it does let you know if your collection image is proper size for the new Pinterest sizes.. ALSO if you have found that you can no longer share via zazzle share buttons containing your ref# on your normal shops because you chose to try out a promoter shop, (having a promoter shop takes away the use of ref # being added to ALL of your shops share buttons) and since pinterest removed the ability to edit urls.. to later add your ref# then this tool is especially useful.. (as if it wasn't already) this is a beautiful way to share collections.. many more thanks to Colleen..Love Love Love
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:51:24 PM
Thank you for this amazing tool.
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 8:00:30 PM
Colleen, thanks so much for sharing this tool! I'm new to the community and blown away by the help you're offering to others!