Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 36 pages: First ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 12:33:26 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
I've made a 2:17 vid tutorial showing how to make a great graphic for Twitter.
Watch it here: http://bit.ly/34o4OEq

The vid linked at the end shows you how to get the link that the Product Stager gives you to go with it in your tweet text.

Of course, you can use your own if you want but the inbuilt one increases your chances of selling one of your designs.
The vid explains why.

Enjoy Smile

Mark your link does not go to a video - just the selected group of items
Designs by Pennydrop

recommended products - click to personalize and buy
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 2:57:40 PM
BKMuir wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:
I've made a 2:17 vid tutorial showing how to make a great graphic for Twitter.
Watch it here: http://bit.ly/34o4OEq

The vid linked at the end shows you how to get the link that the Product Stager gives you to go with it in your tweet text.

Of course, you can use your own if you want but the inbuilt one increases your chances of selling one of your designs.
The vid explains why.

Enjoy Smile

Mark your link does not go to a video - just the selected group of items
Designs by Pennydrop

recommended products - click to personalize and buy

Thanks BKMuir Roses Roses Roses
I've corrected it in the original post. It should have been https://youtu.be/6El2d_V6g10
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:32:12 AM
I've enhanced the usability of the Product Stager some more by tweaking the editing panes, making them easier to work with.

They start off collapsed so just their titles are showing. You can expand any with the V at top right and when you do, it's brought to the front so it sits on top of the others. The V then changes to an F.

Why? It's so that if more than one has been expanded you can bring the one you want to the front by clicking the F.

When you click an upside-down V then that collapses the editing pane so just its title is showing again.

Enjoy
Smile

The next enhancement planned is to allow you to move the entire contents of the stage around. This will give you more freedom to work with, for example, image frames (the same ones used by the nIFTTTy scheduler for Pinterest).
I'm telling you now because the forum will close shortly for the Christmas break and it'll be ready before the forum re-opens. And you'll be working on your New Year offerings in the hiatus, won't you?
Laughing

Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:37:28 PM
Things went more smoothly than I thought - makes a nice change Smile

I've now added the new editing pane to the Product Stager to allow you to move things around on the stage. It's perfect for when you have a graphic that needs more room at the top as in this example:

After moving everything down, there's plenty of room:

All that's left for me to do is to wish you all a Happy Christmas with Best Wishes and lots of promoting success for the New Year

πŸ₯³πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ›πŸŒŸβœ¨

Posted: Thursday, January 2, 2020 12:58:44 PM
Exciting news coming soon! Watch this space or sign up for the Nifty newsletter to make sure you don't miss it!

Sign up with the button at the bottom of Step 1 in the Nifty Promo Control Panel
Smile
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 4:01:26 AM
Idea Yaay! Happy Dance - Zazzle Product Stager V8 is out!

I've been working flat out over the break to bring you some fantastic new timesavers and simplifiers...

In the button panel you'll find buttons to:

βœ… save your graphic without needing to do a screenshot
βœ… animate your graphic and save the resulting video

The videos it makes are in WebM format because browsers don't yet support making the MP4 ones that social media sites use.

To convert to MP4, you'll need to use an online converter. But don't worry, you'll be given a link to a great one I've tested out when you animate and save your video.
Do read the warning you'll get about avoiding being fooled by possibly deceptive ads you might see there!

βœ… Video tested on Firefox and Chrome - works great!
❌ Can't make videos on current version of Safari nor Vivaldi

Fire it up as usual from the Nifty Promo Control Panel in Step 2 under "Share / print a product grid page"

Enjoy
Smile

Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 1:36:06 PM

I've just found out that Facebook supports the WebM format after all - but you have to drag it from your desktop and drop it into a new post!

Cool
😎

Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 7:18:25 PM
Want to try it?

I realize that it might be a bit daunting at first to have to go through the setup in Nifty, the selection of a template and then starting the Product Stager.

So I've prepared the simplest possible way for you to give it a whirl - all you'll have to do is to type in your storename and click ok when you visit this link:

https://niftytoolz.com/npcp/product-stager-for-screenshots.html

When you do, be sure to click the "Animate & save video" button

Enjoy having a look
Smile

Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:20:31 AM
I've improved the animation so there's a longer pause at the end of each cycle.

This does two things:
βœ… it gives a viewer longer to take in the images
βœ… it makes for a better video quality

Videos are a little longer as a result with, for example, 7 product designs giving a 21s video and 25 designs giving a 1:02 video.

I'm also working right now on some more library templates at 1280x720, specifically for to let you make HD videos (aka 720p)

That also happens to be the size needed for videos for the media section of your store
Smile

Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:19:52 AM
The first templates for HD videos for your store's media section are now available in the General section of the library templates panel.

Go here:
https://niftytoolz.com/npcp/product-stager-for-screenshots.html

πŸ”Ή put in your storename and click ok
πŸ”Ή clear the stage
πŸ”Ή scroll to the bottom
πŸ”Ή open up the library templates panel
πŸ”Ή open up the general section
πŸ”Ή click one of the hd video templates
πŸ”Ή scroll back up to the stage
πŸ”Ή hit the Animate and save video button
πŸ”Ή convert the video to MP4 at the link given
πŸ”Ή Upload to your media section

Seems like a lot of steps but you'll be done in no time
Enjoy!
Smile

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:04:36 PM
I've added a few more templates, a couple for HD vids and a couple of square ones - they're in the General section of the template library.

You can see one of the HD vids in action in the media section of my store. It's the first one in the list.

Why not make one for your own store, it's really easy!
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:59:12 PM
You can also use your videos on Wix. You need first to put it on either YouTube or Facebook. Then when you ho the button to add a video to your Wix post, you put in the Fb or YouTube link.

This is the first one I tried: https://hightonridley.wixsite.com/everything-wedding/post/silver-wedding-anniversary-gits-and-invitations

Maybe a 12860x720 HD one would have been better as it would fit without scrolling.

Useful experiment, though
Smile

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:06:56 PM
Just changed it to a 1280x&720
A couple of people reported not being able to see it on Windows Firefox but ok in Chrome. I'm on a Mac and it was ok in both.

I changed it anyway

Edited to add: The person having issues said this
Quote:
Ok I have it running now. Turns out it was a FF Security setting. Enhanced Tracking Protection was set to "scrict" I changed it to standard and lo. and behold, it works.

Further edited to add: Fixed the issue completely. Instead of using the one I uploaded to Facebook, I uploaded it to YouTube and now use that as the source. So people can keep their strict tracking settings and still be ok.
Smile
This is the YouTube video I used: https://youtu.be/xXB3qpo2RQA
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 12:32:28 PM
This might interest some. I have a generic version of the Product Stager that can be used to make videos of ANY images.

Here's what you need to know:

πŸ”Ή As long as they're square, they can be used with any of the templates
πŸ”Ή They need to be publicly accessible online so you can provide the links to them
πŸ”Ή They only need to be available while you make your video
πŸ”Ή This is the link you need for the generic Product Stager
πŸ”Ή Just paste the image links into the Pre-staging Area to use them
πŸ”Ή Make sure you have enough for the template you intend to use

Enjoy!
Smile

Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:30:48 PM
I'm really happy to say that the Zazzle Product Stager V9 is now out.

This is the one that lets you choose one of the texts in your graphic / template as an end-animation in videos.

After the normal animation sequence, the chosen text (if you've chosen any) is brought up to twice its size in the center of the graphic. The length of the pause before the video ends depends on how many characters are in the text.

I think the timing is long enough to let people read it before the video restarts (on those places that automatically loop videos).

You set which, if any, text to set as the end-animation in the Text Edit pane (toggle the Editing panes to see it).

With this you can make a great "call to action" and this will improve the engagement you get!

Try it here - just put in your store id and away you go!

Feedback / suggestions to consider are always welcome
Smile

Note that for the duration of the animation, the text is outlined in white to help make it readable no matter what images you're using.

If you try it at the link I gave ^^^ a random template will be chosen. If it's one without text, hit the Clear stage button, scroll to the very bottom to the Templates Library and choose a different one.

Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:23:14 AM
Product Stager...

It's only a small thing but it makes things a little easier... centred text now stays in the smae place if you make it bigger or smaller by dragging the selection handles.

This change made me laugh...

I spent around 20 hours coding it and was within sight of the end when I found that there was an inbuilt function to do it! Sometimes, you just gotta laugh, hehe!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:34:16 PM
Scott replied to my question in the Tech Issues forum to say that the -term is a permanent feature of search.

So with that confirmation, I'm now going to repurpose the "filter out" capability in Nifty to a "filter in" feature.
If you've never seen it, it's in the "Advanced" section of Step 1 in the Nifty Promo Control Panel.

I'll shortly be hiding it so it can't be used until the new filtering version is ready. In the meantime, don't create any new nIFTTTy schedules using it as they'll stop working correctly when I'm done.

Any questions? Fire away...
Smile

Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 6:52:10 PM
Product Stager - update to animation end-text
Now you can use text that you've hidden behind a frame as the end-text. This gives a great opportunity to write a compelling call-to-action that's only shown at the end of your video.

All the marketing gurus say that a call-to-action is vital to improve engagement and drive sales, so this improvement makes it possible.

In the example video (https://youtu.be/JUqX0T1NBOM ) I've demonstrated it in action (though the text could be improved some). In the screenshot below I've shown the new button to help you work with it, even though it's hidden.

Right now, I'm thinking about adding a generic call-to-action end text to all the Library templates. But what should it be? For all non-Pinterest templates, something like "Make sure to click the link in the text to see, choose and buy". For Pinterest templates, maybe "See more at the Pin link to choose and buy your favourite".

What does everyone think those end-texts should be?

Thanks for any feedback Roses
Smile

Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 8:24:33 PM
Quote:
So with that confirmation, I'm now going to repurpose the "filter out" capability in Nifty to a "filter in" feature.

hi mark -

I hope that the new nifty will still have the "filter out" capability. I use it all the time! there are some products that I don't want to advertise on pinterest, and using the minus keyword easily accomplished it. for me, the "filter in" capability will not help at all...

- Marcia s.
SocolikCardShop
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 6:29:22 AM
SocolikCardShop wrote:
Quote:

hi mark -

I hope that the new nifty will still have the "filter out" capability. I use it all the time! there are some products that I don't want to advertise on pinterest, and using the minus keyword easily accomplished it. for me, the "filter in" capability will not help at all...

- Marcia s.
SocolikCardShop

Don't be concerned, I didn't explain myself clearly.

The "filter out" using the -term still works just as it did.

The repurposing I'm talking about is Nifty's filtering mechanism - the one in the advanced section in Step1.
It's the one where you could use up to three terms and get Nifty to look in any of title, tags and description (depending on which ones you ticked) for those terms and then exclude products if there was a match.

The -term is used in the search term box in Nifty and isn't affected by my "repurposing".

I hope that clears thing up - thanks for asking about it Roses
Smile

Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:29:48 AM
Quote:
The repurposing I'm talking about is Nifty's filtering mechanism - the one in the advanced section in Step1.
It's the one where you could use up to three terms and get Nifty to look in any of title, tags and description (depending on which ones you ticked) for those terms and then exclude products if there was a match.

hi mark -

the nifty feature you described above is exactly what I use all the time! I am hoping that it will still work. If you want to add a feature to include products, I am hoping that will be in addition to the exclude feature above.

thanks,
- marcia
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:30:09 AM
SocolikCardShop wrote:
Quote:

hi mark -

the nifty feature you described above is exactly what I use all the time! I am hoping that it will still work. If you want to add a feature to include products, I am hoping that will be in addition to the exclude feature above.

thanks,
- marcia

Ah, ok, I was clear
Smile

Did you know you can achieve the same result without using the Nifty filter feature by using -term in the search box?

That makes Nifty's current "filtering out" pretty much redundant.

Give it a try (-term in the search box) and you'll see what I mean. Let me know how you get on Roses

Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 6:40:25 PM
not working for me. I have 122 pillows. searched for "-purple" and it only returned purple pillows!

- Marcia

edit: seems to work in the nifty search, based on count, so all is good.
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:20:52 PM
SocolikCardShop wrote:
not working for me. I have 122 pillows. searched for "-purple" and it only returned purple pillows!

- marcia

pm me on Facebook if you like and we'll see what's going on. It really does work!

Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:43:33 PM
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:25:25 PM
SocolikCardShop wrote:

Glad to hear it Smile

Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 10:18:29 AM
Mark, I concur with SocolikCardShop: using - in search within my store works the same as using +

This search does seem to work in the market place though.
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 11:13:28 AM
BKMuir wrote:
Mark, I concur with SocolikCardShop: using - in search within my store works the same as using +

Ah, more info - Thanks BK Roses

I'll look into it
Smile

Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 12:03:28 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
BKMuir wrote:

Ah, more info - Thanks BK Roses

I'll look into it
Smile

I've checked Nifty. The -term works fine both in stores and the MP (as you noted). I've not come across use of a +term

In Nifty a + gets converted to a space, in line with how Zazzle's feed mechanism handles it.

I've not checked search on Zazzle itself, as that's not within my purview
(I claim word of the week, hehe!)
Laughing

Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 10:46:58 AM
The Nifty Product Stager is now at V10
In this final(?) major update I've added a frame to the animation text so it's much more readable than using a text outline.

It gets it's colour from the colour of the text being animated.
Here's a link to a video showing it in action: https://www.facebook.com/mark.ridley/videos/10222132292562751/

Here's a screenshot of the end screen of one in the library (I edited things with the Edit Text Pane to make it right for the Wedding Dinner Rehearsals shown in the vid):

I've only added default animated end-text to that one library template so far. I'll be adding it to more as time goes on.

In the meantime, you can add your own and I'll be doing a tutorial to show you how shortly. If you want to muddle through, adding new text to the background and using the Edit Text Pane to set it as end text is the way to go.

Enjoy
Smile