Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 34 pages: First ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 12:27:43 PM
I've added a couple of new templates to the Nifty Product Stager, one at the best size for Twitter and one for Instagram photo posts.



Why not give it a try with your store? Here's the Nifty Promo Control Panel where it all starts. Fill in your store id and click the button for the product stager at the top - (or go to Step2 to choose your type of promoting, open the Share / Print a product grid page section and then choose the button for the flexible product stager).

When you load a template from the library, you'll see the red-outlined image placeholders.
Add the products you want to use to the stage - then select, drag and drop - they'll snap into place onto those magnetic placeholders, resizing to fit automatically as they do.

Cool 😎
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 3:37:43 PM
I've now added an Instagram "story" template:

1080x1920px, 14 product image placeholders
o Dark orange frame, white fill
o Text frame: orange border, light teal trasparent fill
o Text: Stone grey, font: Bubblegum Sans

Enjoy Smile
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 6:55:34 AM
I've tweaked the Nifty Product Stager so the stage buttons are now draggable. When working with large templates / graphics (like the new Instagram Story template) you need to be able to move them around to keep things easy.

To give a visual indication, I've made the border for the draggable buttons and the editing panes dotted now.

In making the new templates I've been working a lot with the 'magnetic' placehilders - they work like a dream and make it so easy to place product images. I think I've ecleed myself on that front!

I hope you enjoy!

Feedback / improvement suggestions appreciated Roses
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 1:17:49 PM
I've been at it again with the Nifty Product Stager!



My whole ethos is that when you decide you want to do something I let you make it happen in the quickest, easiest way possible - ideally in just a few clicks.

And I've done just that to let you change the colours of your frames and text on the stage to a new theme. You can use the eye-dropper to select colors to use from your product images, or just use the colour-wheel, crayons or sliders in the colour-picker to set the colour range of the theme you want.

And as you change them, everything on the stage changes right away!

Objective achieved Smile

Try it with some seasonal products from the marketplace already loaded.

Load one of the social media templates from the library panel at the bottom of the browser window that opens - Pinterest is the one used in the screenshots above - and tell me how fast it was to get a colour theme you liked!

Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 3:03:11 PM
I added another Twitter template to the library:



As you can see, there are 14 of those "magnetic" image placeholders.
Remember that you get given a link to use with it on social media. The link leads to a product grid page of the same products you "pulled" to add your images.
Or you can use your own link. Your choice Smile

The thing I really like about the Nifty Product Stager is how easy it is to change the colour theme used. So if there's a library template you like (or you made your own) it's really easy to get variations to suit the colour-theme of the products you include.

Enjoy Roses
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:30:41 PM
Another great new time-saving feature just added. Now when you start the Product Stager from the Nifty Promo Control Panel, you can choose a library template to be auto-loaded and auto-filled with your product images:



How else can I speed it up so you can get back to creating products as quickly as possible?

Ideas welcome
Smile


Try it now with you store's halloween designs
When you've put in your store and referral id, find it in Step2 as per the screenshot above.


Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:32:17 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
Nicky Nicholas wrote:
Hi Mark, Newbie here... I've recently started trying out the Nifty tools to help me pin to my Pinterest boards. Thanks for creating them, they are great!
However, I've had 1 issue I'm hoping you can help me on;

I had no problem with using the tool to share individual products with the speed sharer and I could see that the pins were roughly 50/50 my rf code,
but I'm struggling with the share scheduler in terms of getting my rf code to be on any of the resultant pins.
I set up an applet with IFTTT a couple of days ago (and surprised myself that I managed to do it semi-successfully after a few attempts!) Anyway, the applet kicked in and started pinning to my board but my problem is that none of the pins seem to have my rf code on, even though I'd entered it on Step 1 of the Nifty Control Panel and could see it in the feed url that was created, ready too be pasted into IFFT.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??

ThanksSmile Nicky

Well done Nicky! I'm really happy you were able to use it so effectively so quickly!

To help you with the scheduler applet, I'll need to see the feed url you used. That way I'll be able to look at what's going on for you.

As an aside, how many has it pinned so far?

You can either message me with the new "Chat" facility or get in touch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mark.ridley


Thanks very much Mark, I've sent you a Facebook message
Nicky
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 5:25:18 AM
Nicky Nicholas wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:
Nicky Nicholas wrote:
Hi Mark, Newbie here... I've recently started trying out the Nifty tools to help me pin to my Pinterest boards. Thanks for creating them, they are great!
However, I've had 1 issue I'm hoping you can help me on;

I had no problem with using the tool to share individual products with the speed sharer and I could see that the pins were roughly 50/50 my rf code,
but I'm struggling with the share scheduler in terms of getting my rf code to be on any of the resultant pins.
I set up an applet with IFTTT a couple of days ago (and surprised myself that I managed to do it semi-successfully after a few attempts!) Anyway, the applet kicked in and started pinning to my board but my problem is that none of the pins seem to have my rf code on, even though I'd entered it on Step 1 of the Nifty Control Panel and could see it in the feed url that was created, ready too be pasted into IFFT.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??

ThanksSmile Nicky

Well done Nicky! I'm really happy you were able to use it so effectively so quickly!

To help you with the scheduler applet, I'll need to see the feed url you used. That way I'll be able to look at what's going on for you.

As an aside, how many has it pinned so far?

You can either message me with the new "Chat" facility or get in touch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mark.ridley


Thanks very much Mark, I've sent you a Facebook message
Nicky

I've not seen it, Nicky - please try again
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:39:00 PM
I've extended the auto-placeholder-fill to work with your templates.

Now it's easier than ever to get your campaign going on social media ready for the holiday season!




If you want to see the auto-placeholder-fill in action for Thanksgiving designs from the market place, click this link. The right section will open up in the Nifty Promo Control Panel. Choose the twitter 14 template in the drop down and click the buton.
And watch magic happen!

Imagine that working for your designs with templates you create. It takes just seconds and a screenshot and you're good to go!


------------------------
When you're on the Product Stager, if you want to try a different template, use the "start over" button on the stage to clear out the old template first.
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 8:10:50 AM
I've added a new button to the Nifty Product Stager.




It quickly declutters your stage ready for a screenshot and I've designed it to work really well with Firefox's inbuilt screenshotter:






It makes taking a screenshot of your finished graphic a piece of cake, with no fiddling about.


Try it with your store, starting here

---------------------------
😎

This improvement shaves off a few more seconds in getting your graphic ready to use on social media.

I just timed myself. From starting the Nifty Promo Control Panel with this link to:

βœ… scrolling up and putting in a search (in the marketplace) for Thanksgiving
βœ… scrolling back down and choosing the Twitter 14 template
βœ… clicking the button to start the Product Stager (it will auto-fill the template)
βœ… clicking the preview screenshot button
βœ… starting the Firefox screenshotter
βœ… clicking the graphic to take the screenshot

and finally getting the finished screenshot, took all of 45 seconds.

Here it is:



(The only thing that might slow it down is waiting for Zazzle to return the pulled products.)

Can you do it faster?

Enjoy Smile
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2019 5:29:47 PM
Product Stager continued....

So far, the way I've been making text readable is to have a frame behind it with transparency set so you can see any products behind.

I'm looking into an alternative - giving an option to set text as 'meme text' - you know, where there's a white stroke in behind the text that follows each letter's shape.

Watch this space!


Oh, and in the meantime, I've added another Facebook template.
Enjoy Smile
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 1:12:34 PM
I've now added the meme text capability - together with another Pinterest and another Facebook library template. Here's the meme text in action with the new Facebook template (and, remember, it's a piece of cake to change the colour theme):



and here's where you switch it on and off for selected text:



I've been getting rave reactions to the Product Stager already - and this will make you love it even more!


-----------------------
I'm not sure what I can do to improve it, so any suggestions will be gratefully received Roses
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 5:48:42 AM
I'll be sending out the November newsletter very soon now. If you don't already get it, sign up with the button at the bottom of Step 1 in the Nifty Promo Control Panel

There's a useful summary of the new Chat and Create tools included. If you haven't had the time (or inclination) to read through the pages and pages of forum posts about them, this newsletter should clarify everything for you.

Don't wait, sign up now while it's fresh in your mind Smile

Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 1:37:32 PM
I added a Cheat Sheet pane to the Nifty Product Stager



Sometimes it's easy to overlook the obvious - oops!

Happy product staging
Smile


Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 3:54:01 PM
Today I

βœ… added an option to allow changes to font and font size to be applied to the selected text as you change them
βœ… added colour locks to text and frames to give you control over what gets changed when you roll a new colour theme
βœ… reduced the outline thickness a little for meme text
βœ… added a new Pinterest template to the library.

Here's the new controls:




Keep the feeback coming!
Thanks Roses
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 8:55:29 AM
I added a new Pinterest template to the library:




Another great layout to showcase your designs Smile
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:06:30 AM
I added a section to the Product Stager to help with the text to go with your share:



It auto-generates hashtags from product keywords, using the products currently on the stage. You can then edit / copy and paste. I also improved the link generation and explain why it makes sense to use the link given and not your own.

Next, I'm hoping to be able to give you an animated gif to share of your final graphic but it needs me to do some tricky coding - if it turns out it's possible.

Fingers crossed!
Who wants it? Is it worth my time?


Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 4:36:17 AM
Not looking good on the animated gif front 😞
It's looking like you'd need to do a video capture of an animation I'd make, and then upload it for it to be converted, thend ownload the finished gif.

Not at all a good user experience and not in my criteria of being done just by clicking. I'll keep researching and cogitating on it...

In happier news, I've added another Twitter template and also, in another change, made it so your colour settings are saved when you make a template for your own use.

Here's the new template:




Remember, it's easy to roll a new colour theme but I needed to choose an initial one for the template. The images come from this collection: https://www.zazzle.com/collections/119777809865213746


Enjoy Smile
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 3:57:54 PM
I'm on a roll Smile

I just added another Facebook template. Perfect for weddings. It has an initial coral-pink colour theme but easy to change, as always.

Morcash Sweat, who provided the images to show the template in action, said this:

Quote:
Dang, somehow it looks prettier in this than in the collection!! Fantastic!! Great job Mark Highton Ridley!!




Enjoy!


Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:09:48 AM
You can now change the outline/stroke colour for meme text on the Nifty Product Stager:



It keeps getting better!

Remember, for a full run-down on the whole tool, see its about page on the NiftyTooZ site

Enjoy Smile

Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:15:20 PM
I've been tweaking the Zazzle Product Stager and the library templates to speed things up for you even more.

Now, if you pull from your store or one of its collections, the template text for the store link will automatically use yours.

If you use other people's products in your collection, make sure one of yours is the very first one or it'll use their store link and not yours in the image.

To try it, just use the Nifty Promo Control Panel as normal, then choose a template for the Product Stager in Step 2. Hit the button and watch the magic happen!

Here's one, made in about 20 seconds:



Here's how I got it:



Enjoy
Smile

Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:56:51 PM
I've just added a new Christmas template, this time for Facebook. Thanks to Dale Boyce for permission to use her images in the screenshot:



Happy promoting!
Smile

Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 8:33:05 AM
I made a 5min vid for the Nifty Product Stager showing how to make a Pinterest pin and get it linked to your product grid sharer page: https://youtu.be/l82Xi7kDrBk

Enjoy
Smile

Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 9:37:39 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
I made a 5min vid for the Nifty Product Stager showing how to make a Pinterest pin and get it linked to your product grid sharer page: https://youtu.be/l82Xi7kDrBk

Enjoy
Smile




Thank you so much for creating this video, Mark. This really helped me understand what's involved to get this thing going. I tried to read up on it, but didn't have total focus with so much going on. But, I understand that it probably works best on Firefox, in order to download the image...is that right? Or can I actually use Google Chrome too? I have an app called Grab as well, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you again!! Brilliant work as always!!
Laura
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 10:01:09 AM
Laura Sweat wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:
I made a 5min vid for the Nifty Product Stager showing how to make a Pinterest pin and get it linked to your product grid sharer page: https://youtu.be/l82Xi7kDrBk

Enjoy
Smile




Thank you so much for creating this video, Mark. This really helped me understand what's involved to get this thing going. I tried to read up on it, but didn't have total focus with so much going on. But, I understand that it probably works best on Firefox, in order to download the image...is that right? Or can I actually use Google Chrome too? I have an app called Grab as well, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you again!! Brilliant work as always!!
Laura


Thanks for the props Roses

Yes you can use Chrome Smile
The difference with Chrome is that you'll have to define the area to screengrab and it can be a bit tricky to get the exact dimensions that way.

With Firefox, it highlights the precise area to screengrab when you hover over it.

But if Chrome or another browser is your preferred one, that's fine.
Smile

Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:22:17 AM
I've been further tweaking the Product Stagers so that, if the template allows for it, your store's name will be substituted into the template.

If you're making your own templates, include the following special text where you want substitution to happen:

βœ… for your store link, use: xxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxx
βœ… for a bitly link, use http://bit.ly/xxxxxx
βœ… for your store's name, use xxstorenamexx

I'm not sure people are making their own templates yet, but when you do, this will come in very handy.

Enjoy
Smile

Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:00:48 AM
Mark - Will this work with the new promoter stores?
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:16:20 AM
Deb Smile wrote:
Mark - Will this work with the new promoter stores?

Yes Smile
If you have a Nifty Promoter Program subscription, links under Nifty's control to any products from your stores will be "clean" and for any one else's products, they'll be standard affiliate links (with your ref id and tracking code).

The links that come under Nifty's control are those on the accompanying product grid sharer page, IF you decide to include the link you're given with your share.

If you use your own link, Nifty won't have anything to do with controlling that link.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:44:09 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Deb Smile wrote:
Mark - Will this work with the new promoter stores?

Yes Smile
If you have a Nifty Promoter Program subscription, links under Nifty's control to any products from your stores will be "clean" and for any one else's products, they'll be standard affiliate links (with your ref id and tracking code).

The links that come under Nifty's control are those on the accompanying product grid sharer page, IF you decide to include the link you're given with your share.

If you use your own link, Nifty won't have anything to do with controlling that link.


confused by the above description of:

Quote:
The links that come under Nifty's control are those on the accompanying product grid sharer page, IF you decide to include the link you're given with your share.

If you use your own link, Nifty won't have anything to do with controlling that link.


Also
the society 6 curator link.. is that the full url? or just the number at the end? ALSO does the first 3 month deal also apply to the promoter subscription?

ALSO will the cool share graphics deals (forgot what they are actually called) be included in this promoter nifty subscription ? or are they completely different?
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:15:57 AM
Deb Smile wrote:


confused by the above description of:

Quote:
The links that come under Nifty's control are those on the accompanying product grid sharer page, IF you decide to include the link you're given with your share.

If you use your own link, Nifty won't have anything to do with controlling that link.


Sorry, that was too brief.

When you use the Product Stager, you're also given a link to use with your share / on your pin.
The link given goes to a product grid sharer page displaying the products that you used when making your graphic. Visitors can then click the one(s) they want to buy and when they do, they're taken to the product page on Zazzle.

It's those links on the product grid sharer page that are "under Nifty's control". So that means, with a Nifty Promoter Program subscription, they'll use either clean links or affiliate ones.

Deb Smile wrote:

Also
the society 6 curator link.. is that the full url? or just the number at the end? ALSO does the first 3 month deal also apply to the promoter subscription?

ALSO will the cool share graphics deals (forgot what they are actually called) be included in this promoter nifty subscription ? or are they completely different?


I tend only to discuss the Zazzle tools here on the Z forum, but seeing as you asked: when you sign up for a subscription, all I need is your curator id - they're not numbers but the id that S6 gave you when you signed up for their Curator affiliate scheme. It's the Zazzle referral id that's a number.

The 3 month deal doesn't apply to the Nifty Promoter Program subscription.

The cool graphics stuff I think you're asking about is what the Product Stager creates. It's entirely free and you can use your own link with it - you don't have to use the one it gives you that links to the product grid sharer page.
As explained above, the links on that page are the ones affected by whether and what type of membership you have.
βœ… If you don't have any Nifty subscription, they'll work on the 50/50 referral sharing basis.
βœ… If you have a standard Nifty subscription (pay one month, get another 2 free), they'll all use your referral id.
βœ… With a Nifty Promoter Program subscription, they'll be clean for your products and affiliate links for any else's.

I think that covers it better - hope so!
Laughing

If anything's not clear, ask away
Grin
Users browsing this topic
Guest, MissRhoadie1981


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded