Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 32 pages: First ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:50:08 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hey Mark,
I was just using the IFTTT iPhone app to organize my applets because of how much easier it is to use and also I use my iPhone a lot when I am having bouts of insomnia or I just don't want to go to my computer...

That got me thinking to ask you if you have ever considered making a mobile app for the Nifty control panel?

I would use it if you did, and I would hope others would too...

anyone?

I wouldn't know where to start, Shelli. Making apps is a whole different ballgame.
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:07:12 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hey Mark,
I was just using the IFTTT iPhone app to organize my applets because of how much easier it is to use and also I use my iPhone a lot when I am having bouts of insomnia or I just don't want to go to my computer...

That got me thinking to ask you if you have ever considered making a mobile app for the Nifty control panel?

I would use it if you did, and I would hope others would too...

anyone?

I wouldn't know where to start, Shelli. Making apps is a whole different ballgame.

Okay thank you anyway! Smile
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:46:47 PM
I've had a couple of people ask me about being able to use their own exclusive image frames on Pinterest with the nIFTTTy Scheduler.

If you're interested, please say so in a reply.

I've been doing some thinking and can see how it would be possible to develop something like that. It would take 3 or 4 days to develop and code the capability, and there would be some overhead in setting up each person, also whenever they wanted to update their available image frames.

So I'm thinking of setting up a Pro Nifty membership for those who want the capability, plus a one-off fee for adding a batch of additional images after the initial one. All images would be hosted on my server and be for the sole use of the member.

You'd also have to create a config file listing stuff about the images (their filename, pixel location of the top left of the product 'hole', your chosen theme name). I'd give you a template to fill in and sned back to me.

The theme names would be used in the nIFTTTy Scheduler screen for you to choose (seen just by you, as determined by the referral id in use).

So, if you're interested, say so in a reply.

One final thing, you'd also be required to donate two themed image frames for public use Grin
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:56:52 PM
I'd be interested,

I would love the opportunity to put my own custom branding into the templates.

It would give people the option to have unique pins and blog post images that are branded soley for them! Thanks Mark! Roses

Christie
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:48:23 AM
I've decided to go ahead with this development. I'm working out the details and will update in a reply here as I get things properly worked out.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:52:54 PM
In the meantime, I've tweaked the auto hashtagging in the nIFTTTy Scheduler so that the hashtags generated from a product's tags are now much better when many words are used as a phrase in single product tag. I've also added the product type as a hashtag, if it's available.
It's not available when someone adds a product type themselves rather than letting Zazzle do it automatically.

You don't need to do anything to get the improved hashtags. You're schedules will start using them right away.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 1:08:48 PM
Awesome! Thank you Mark!
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 2:10:57 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Awesome! Thank you Mark!

You're welcome. I'm always glad when I can rise to the challenge of improving things, based on the feedback from Nifty users.
Roses
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 5:32:07 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
I've had a couple of people ask me about being able to use their own exclusive image frames on Pinterest with the nIFTTTy Scheduler.

If you're interested, please say so in a reply.

I've been doing some thinking and can see how it would be possible to develop something like that. It would take 3 or 4 days to develop and code the capability, and there would be some overhead in setting up each person, also whenever they wanted to update their available image frames.

So I'm thinking of setting up a Pro Nifty membership for those who want the capability, plus a one-off fee for adding a batch of additional images after the initial one. All images would be hosted on my server and be for the sole use of the member.

You'd also have to create a config file listing stuff about the images (their filename, pixel location of the top left of the product 'hole', your chosen theme name). I'd give you a template to fill in and sned back to me.

The theme names would be used in the nIFTTTy Scheduler screen for you to choose (seen just by you, as determined by the referral id in use).

So, if you're interested, say so in a reply.

One final thing, you'd also be required to donate two themed image frames for public use Grin

I've now released the Own-Brand image frames update for the nIFTTTy Scheduler. To learn more and find out how to prepare your own for this new feature, see this page on the NiftyToolZ website:
https://niftytoolz.com/get-a-nifty-membership/preparing-your-own-branded-image-frames-for-pinterest

As usual, fire away with any questions
Smile
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:29:29 PM
...and I've updated the nIFTTTy Scheduler to V7 to allow for the new own-brand image frames feature.
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 6:09:52 AM
Can Niffty pulled from the forums... say a show me thread?
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 7:34:46 AM
PacifierCity wrote:
Can Niffty pulled from the forums... say a show me thread?

I wish ;)

They give an rss feed link at the bottom of the forum pages but it doesn't work Sad
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 9:23:13 AM
I made a boo-boo with the max size of a feed in the nIFTTTy Scheduler. I'd set it to 1076 instead of 1000. I must have had a brain blip. Anyway, it's fixed now. Depending on how the randomized list turned out based on your ref id, you may have had some missing shares / pins as a result.

Sorry!
Grin
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 10:27:46 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
I made a boo-boo with the max size of a feed in the nIFTTTy Scheduler. I'd set it to 1076 instead of 1000. I must have had a brain blip. Anyway, it's fixed now. Depending on how the randomized list turned out based on your ref id, you may have had some missing shares / pins as a result.

Sorry!
Grin

Turns out, I DIDN'T make a boo-boo. Zazzle's feed mechanism can't do sums! See my report on it in the Technical Issues forum:
https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/someones_sums_dont_add_up_and_its_not_me_zazzles
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 2:27:03 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Sorry!
Grin

Turns out, I DIDN'T make a boo-boo. Zazzle's feed mechanism can't do sums! See my report on it in the Technical Issues forum:
https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/someones_sums_dont_add_up_and_its_not_me_zazzles

It was a bit more convoluted than just sums.
Apparently, if you make a request using a page size and page number combination that means the first product is number 1000 or less, then you get the number requested, even if it goes beyond item number 1000.
Good to know Smile
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 4:17:48 AM
Idea I'm working on a new version of the Nifty tools suite that supports the new Promoter Program.

When I'm done, there will be a new Promoter Program Nifty Membership that will work as below:

✅ You pay for your Nifty Promoter Program Membership and register the stores covered by your Zazzle Promoter Program account, together with the account's Associate Id
✅ When you use Nifty with that Associate Id (aka referral id) and promote products from your registered stores, all links created will be 'clean' - that is, no referral id, tracking code or promo code will be included
✅ When you use Nifty with that Associate Id (aka referral id) and you promote from the marketplace, links for products from your registered stores will be clean, all others will include your referral id, tracking code and (if set) the promo code

Earnings:
✅ Clean links will earn you 35% self-referral commission
✅ Links with your referral id and tracking code will earn you the usual 15% referral commission
✅ Your Promoter Program account will not be eligible for the Volume Bonus program

Note that the way it works is determined by Zazzle. The above points are all based on answers I've received from them about the Promoter Program workings.
Mods: I've asked the Promoter Program team to review this. If I've made any errors, they'll let me know and I'll correct them.

What will you be able to do with Nifty as a member of the Promoter Program?
Once the new Nifty is released you'll be able to:

✅ Automatically pin many dozens of your links on Pinterest daily (with or without classy image frames)
✅ Share shareable slideshows of your products on social media (they won't 'slide' until the image is clicked)
✅ Use the speed-sharer to get your links onto social media real fast - all with hashtags created from your product's tags
✅ Share the speed-sharer on social media so others can speed-share your links on their social media. Talk about extending your reach!
✅ Share links on social media to shareable pages of your product grids on the Nifty website - for those without web sites
✅ Make widgets for slideshows, scrollers, speed-sharers, product grids - and more - for your blogs and websites (yes, even free WordPress sites!)

Of course, you can do all of the above with products from other artists as well and still earn the normal 15% referral commission.

I hope you're as excited about this as I am!
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Verified for accuracy today by Elizabeth Povarova
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 5:32:31 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Idea I'm working on a new version of the Nifty tools suite that supports the new Promoter Program.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You bet I am!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

As a side note fyi, in case you don't know yet... the Promoter Program is now account based, not store based anymore. So maybe the step of registering each store withing an account is now unnecessary?
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2019 6:50:07 AM
ArtAttic wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You bet I am!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

As a side note fyi, in case you don't know yet... the Promoter Program is now account based, not store based anymore. So maybe the step of registering each store withing an account is now unnecessary?

I've been burning the midnight oil and testing, testing, testing. And then testing some more!

Good thinking about it being account-based but I need the store names because there isn't a way programatically to get at them via a Zazzle account.
Thanks for the thought Roses
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2019 6:57:16 AM
I've now uploaded all the changes needed to make Nifty work as defined above ^^.
If you already have the Nifty Promo Control Panel or any of its tools open in your browser, you'll need to close them to force your browser to load all the behind-the-scenes updates.
Everything should continue working just as they always have - no need for any action on your part apart from the browser closing thing.
If you want to get the Nifty Promoter Membership to allow you to get your clean links etc, you can get it here:
https://niftytoolz.com/get-a-nifty-membership
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2019 2:39:28 PM
I broke the Nifty speed sharer earlier - so if you tried to use it and it wouldn't work for you today, you'll be pleased to know it's working again now.
Oops!
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 12:29:29 PM
I've spent most of today checking and updating the FAQ for Nifty.
You can see it here: https://niftytoolz.com/npcp/nifty-promo-control-panel-faq.html
It's organized into 3 sections, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

It serves as a great introduction to Nifty if you've never dipped your toe in the water
Smile
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 1:16:56 PM
Hey Mark,

Couple of questions. I have multiple Zazzle Stores. For 2 of these stores I maintain a Pinterest account that is dedicated to that stores niche.

At this moment, I want to use Niffty to promote one Store/Account. I have been slacking off on uploading product pins to it and think it would be easier to use Niffty.

So first set of questions: Can I set up Niffty to only pin from my store? And set it to slowly pin every product in the store, without product repeats? Can I set Niffty to pin to sections on a board?

Second set of questions: If I find I like how NIFFty is working can I set it to pin to my other Pinterest account? Do I need 2 Niffty profiles to do so? How can I set "who" is pinning to each account? (Does that make sense?)(I don't want the "owner" of one account posting to the "other" account.) If I do need 2 Niffty accounts, if that's possible, do I have to pay double?

I'm guessing, maybe thats what Applets are for???

Thanks

Josh
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 2:37:31 PM
JB Designs wrote:
Hey Mark,

Couple of questions. I have multiple Zazzle Stores. For 2 of these stores I maintain a Pinterest account that is dedicated to that stores niche.

At this moment, I want to use Niffty to promote one Store/Account. I have been slacking off on uploading product pins to it and think it would be easier to use Niffty.

So first set of questions: Can I set up Niffty to only pin from my store? And set it to slowly pin every product in the store, without product repeats? Can I set Niffty to pin to sections on a board?

Second set of questions: If I find I like how NIFFty is working can I set it to pin to my other Pinterest account? Do I need 2 Niffty profiles to do so? How can I set "who" is pinning to each account? (Does that make sense?)(I don't want the "owner" of one account posting to the "other" account.) If I do need 2 Niffty accounts, if that's possible, do I have to pay double?

I'm guessing, maybe thats what Applets are for???

Thanks

Josh

You always have great questions, Josh Smile
Deep breath....

Yes, you can set up Nifty to pin only from your store. Making sure you pin them all can be tricky.
Given Z's rss feed "reach" limit of 1000 products (and hence Nifty's limit), you'd need somehow to divvy things up so you can reach them all. Categories, Depts and search terms can all help - it just depends on the specifics of your store as to which make more sense. Then you'd have an applet / schedule for each (max of 25 switched on over at IFTTT at any one time when you have a Nifty membership, 10 when you don't).

To keep your Pinterest a/c in good standing, you'd want to build up slowly - starting at a couple of dozen pins per day. Doing stuff manually helps keep Pinterest happy that you're a human - you know, following peeps, repinning etc.

Product repeats won't happen within the same applet because IFTTT prevents it but across applets, it's down to how you set up your "pulls".

Second set of questions answered:
You need only one Nifty membership but to work wtih two Pinterest accounts you'd need two IFTTT accounts - 'cuz that's the way IFTTT works.

...and a PS
You'll never quite manage to get them all for a couple of reasons. Ignore this explanation until you're more familiar with Nifty!
Oh, you're still reading.... ok... The order Z reurns them in the feed is always changing (if you "pull" by popularity - same if you pull by "date_created" and add more stuff). Nifty works out which one in the feed to pin by working out how many days since your schedule was created and how many you're pinning per day. If the order of things in the feed changes, things not yet pinned might appear earlier in the feed when Nifty has already got past that point.
Very occasionally, something goes awry between the scheduler / IFTTT / Zazzle and something that should have been pinned gets missed.

Also, note that I've lied to keep things simple:
So that you don't get the same design pinned over and over again, just on different products, the scheduler does soemthing nifty (groan).

It doesn't actually pin things in the same sequence as given by Zazzle's feed. Instead, your rf id is used to make a random list of numbers (always the same numbers in the same order) and it's this that's used to pick up the product to pin. Your random list might start 324,82, 19,632.... so the scheduler would ask Zazzle for the 324th product in the feed and pin that. When the next scheduler timeslot becomes active, the scheduler gets the 82nd product from Z's feed and pins that.
Short description: it jumps about all over the place.

Whew! If you made it this far, well done!
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 7:40:46 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm almost on board. Every time I ask you questions it just reveals how much more work I have to do to make things "work" right.

The store I want to utilize Niftty for is Cooper Culture. It a store dedicated to MINI Cooper enthusiasts. It has 699 current products.

So it appears I could use 1 account with 1 applet to pin all products... right?

Can I set it to pin say... only 5 pins a day?

Can it post to board sections? If so, would I need a different applet for each section?

For now, I really just want to get all those products on Pinterest, without having to go through hand pinning or all the steps through Zazzle. I feel bad when I manage that board and just get caught up in cool MINI stuff and don't end up pinning my own products...lol.

I also need to decide if only posting to 1 board is the best route to go....

Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 10:31:38 AM
JB Designs wrote:
Thanks so much for the info. I'm almost on board. Every time I ask you questions it just reveals how much more work I have to do to make things "work" right.

The store I want to utilize Niftty for is Cooper Culture. It a store dedicated to MINI Cooper enthusiasts. It has 699 current products.

So it appears I could use 1 account with 1 applet to pin all products... right?

Can I set it to pin say... only 5 pins a day?

Can it post to board sections? If so, would I need a different applet for each section?

For now, I really just want to get all those products on Pinterest, without having to go through hand pinning or all the steps through Zazzle. I feel bad when I manage that board and just get caught up in cool MINI stuff and don't end up pinning my own products...lol.

I also need to decide if only posting to 1 board is the best route to go....

Thanks

Yes - 1 account, 1 applet and a schedule set to pin 5 per day.

It can't pin to board sections (IFTTT / Pinterest don't allow for that). Sections are no good for search anyway, as mentioned somewhere else in the forum.

If you want to pin to more than one board, you'll need an applet per board and a way of pulling only the right ones for each board and no others.

If you really wanted to go that way, setting up collections specifically for that purpose would do it.

I think you're almost ready to crack on!
Smile
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 1:51:21 PM
Thanks again Mark. I hope to set up for the one store/account by the end of the weekend.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:07:41 PM
JB Designs wrote:
Thanks again Mark. I hope to set up for the one store/account by the end of the weekend.

A suggestion, join the facebook group (linked at the top of the Nifty Promo Control Panel) and send me a friend request. That way I can help you if needed with screenshots etc.
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:20:35 PM
Mark - trying to post using "Share individual products with Speed-Sharers"
for the last 2 days.

There is no CAPCHA screen coming up
When I hit SEND I get "Oops! Sorry, your response was incorrect. "

I've re-uploaded newest NFTY

Anyone else having this problem?
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:24:50 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
JB Designs wrote:

A suggestion, join the facebook group (linked at the top of the Nifty Promo Control Panel) and send me a friend request. That way I can help you if needed with screenshots etc.

Sorry but Facebook and I are not friends... I appreciate the offer to help though.

Smile
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2019 12:32:42 PM
I've sneaked in an update to the Zazzle nIFTTTy Scheduler - a new image frame choice. This one is a clean image frame with the colour following the design's colour and text top and bottom selected at random from a few I've written. The font is also chosen at random from a select few.

Enjoy Smile