Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 34 pages: First ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 12:41:52 PM
Yes, I used the clutter free screenshot grid recently with the drag and drop and love it. it is really useful, thank you!Roses
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 1:14:25 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Yes, I used the clutter free screenshot grid recently with the drag and drop and love it. it is really useful, thank you!Roses

Excellent!
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:54:26 AM
Thanks to some really community-spirited Zazzlers, there's now 15 thanksgiving image frames available for the nIFTTTy Scheduler.

See all the available image frames here
...and learn here how to make and submit them

Remember, for every two that get used, you'll earn a featured spot for one of your collections on the Nifty Promo Control Panel. It's a great way to get seen and promoted by affiliates!
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 10:30:02 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Thanks to some really community-spirited Zazzlers, there's now 15 thanksgiving image frames available for the nIFTTTy Scheduler.

See all the available image frames here
...and learn here how to make and submit them

Remember, for every two that get used, you'll earn a featured spot for one of your collections on the Nifty Promo Control Panel. It's a great way to get seen and promoted by affiliates!

Those look great! I was going to try and make a couple, but I don't use digital art so I don't have anything to put on the frames. I might see if I can find some free use clip art I can use.
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 10:06:38 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
:
:
Those look great! I was going to try and make a couple, but I don't use digital art so I don't have anything to put on the frames. I might see if I can find some free use clip art I can use.

Thanks Malissa Roses
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 10:09:07 AM
I've added a bunch of "plain" image frames. They're based on what I liked about the very first image frames (which used a different approach). As from now, you can use them in your nIFTTTy Schedules.

See them all here
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 10:14:22 AM
I read on an apparently 'good' Pinterest resource that including hashtags as part of the written prose describing a pin isn't a good idea.

Including them after is what to do. Pins made with the speed sharer broke that advice. So I've changed it.

They now use the title exactly as written by the designer, without the added #s. You can easily add the generated hashtags by copying them from the area under the buttons and pasting them at the end of the description when you hit the Pin button:

Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:19:12 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
I read on an apparently 'good' Pinterest resource that including hashtags as part of the written prose describing a pin isn't a good idea.

Including them after is what to do. Pins made with the speed sharer broke that advice. So I've changed it.

They now use the title exactly as written by the designer, without the added #s. You can easily add the generated hashtags by copying them from the area under the buttons and pasting them at the end of the description when you hit the Pin button:

Speaking of hashtags, how much to you think they matter? I am trying to decide if it is worth the time to go in to my existing boards and pins and add them after the fact or not.

ETA: I am talking about my boards and pins that are not nifty...
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:33:07 PM

Speaking of hashtags, how much to you think they matter? I am trying to decide if it is worth the time to go in to my existing boards and pins and add them after the fact or not.

It is my understanding that Pinterest is mostly interested in new pins. I've read that going back and changing pin descriptions or adding hashtags is a "waste" of time.

The advise I've read is to make a new pin for the same product and add what you think you missed the first time around.

Wish I could give you references from what I've read to back up my understanding but I don't save most of the advise posts I've read about Pinterest.

Maybe someone else knows different...
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:33:59 PM
:
:

They matter on new pins. Apparently there's not much point in adding them to existing pins.
source
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:36:21 PM
You beat me to it, Josh Smile Luckily I found a source - see my reply ^^
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:43:35 PM
Okay, thanks guys! that is helpful indeed

making new pins with new data wouldn't take any longer than updating old ones so I think I will try that and see what happens.

Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:49:52 PM
and your sources sorce is Pinterest: https://business.pinterest.com/en/Pinterest-content-tips
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:56:14 PM
JB Designs wrote:

Nice one. Quite the detective, hehe!
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 1:53:31 PM
Thanks to Malissa Melrose Roses we now have some more Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas themed image frames.

See them all here
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 4:41:16 PM
If you want to get great product shots for your social media - and link to them, here's a tutorial showing you how
...and here's a tweet using one: https://twitter.com/hightonridley/status/1159993854877208577
..and a Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10220463913574319&set=a.10206457222815804&type=3
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:05:03 AM
I've updated the product grid sharer page so you can get a bit.ly link for it. I've also updated the tutorial to show how to get it to go with your screenshot.
The tutorial is here
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:48:49 PM
Love Thank you, looks great!
Here's one I just did!

FACEBOOK AD
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 4:01:10 PM
Cheries_Art wrote:
Love Thank you, looks great!
Here's one I just did!

FACEBOOK AD

I like it!
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 4:46:05 PM
Would you mind "talking" about the differences between Niffty and Tailwinds? I've done a little research, but think you might be better versed...
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:00:40 AM
JB Designs wrote:
Would you mind "talking" about the differences between Niffty and Tailwinds? I've done a little research, but think you might be better versed...

They're really different beasts, Josh, and that makes comparing them very difficult.

The first point to note is that Nifty and all it's tools are 'tuned' to work with Zazzle. Referral id and tracking codes are a cinch.

Tailwind is aimed squarely at Pinterest whereas Nifty gives support for Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook across all the promo tools.

You can use Nifty for as long as you like for free (50/50 referral sharing) whereas Tailwind's 'free' offer lasts only for 100 pins.
This means you have no outlay with Nifty until you're earning enough to cover the monthly subscription.

With Tailwind's scheduler, you still have to manually set up the pins to include in the scheduler. With the nIFTTTy scheduler, you set up the criteria for up to 900 pins at once. That's because, behind the scenes, it's using Zazzle's RSS feed mechanism.

Talwind can recycle pins and pin when your audience is most active. With the nIFTTTy scheduler you decide on the schedule / timing of the pins. Saying that, received wisdom is that the timing of pins isn't all that relevant.

The nIFTTTy scheduler lets you have up to 10 schedules switched on and active at any one time in the free version, 25 if you pay the monthly subscription.

Manual pinning with Nifty's speed-sharer is actually quicker than setting up pins for Tailwind's scheduler!

Nifty's monthly subscription fee is less than Tailwind's - and its cost is covered by your referrals. That's because you don't choose to start paying it until you see it's working. ANd you'll know because of the tracking codes appearing in your referral history report.

Tailwind provides basic metrics (unless you pay their outrageous $799 monthly fee!) - but you get the equivalent by looking at Pinterest analytics, IFTTT activity reports, your Z Referral History Report and Z Linkovers Report.

I hope that helps some. Do you have any specific questions arising?
If so, just shout.

Thanks for the question Grin
Mark (hightonridley)

Note that the last time I checked, you can't trust the Linkovers if you do ANY promoting using Z's sharing tools. That's because each time you promote with one, your linkover count goes up by one - even though you didn't actually get a linkover.
That may have changed since I last checked but I think there would have been an announcement on the forum if it had.
If you want to check for yourself, here's how:
For one day use Z sharing tools on the product pages ONLY to pin to a private Pinterest board (DON'T do any other promoting with those sharing tools on the product page). That way, no-one can see them to click them. If your linkovers show roughly the same as the number of Pins you made, you'll have confirmed what I say. Of course, you might be getting other linkovers, so you'll have to take that into account.
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 12:09:08 PM
Thanks Mark.

Just so you know I think the linkover is fixed. I've hand selected 100's of Z products and used the Z tool to pin and my linkovers are far less than I have pinned.

I do have more questions but am going to take some time to get them organized.

Smile
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 12:41:27 PM
JB Designs wrote:
Thanks Mark.

Just so you know I think the linkover is fixed. I've hand selected 100's of Z products and used the Z tool to pin and my linkovers are far less than I have pinned.

Smile

agree, my linkovers have been far less than I actually pin using the Zazzle share buttons.

I hear Marks thoughts... "why are you not using Nifty for every pin?" and the answer is... I am lazy... it is too easy! but I pay for that by not having tracking codes. I know!

Stick out tongue
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:17:37 PM
JB Designs wrote:
Thanks Mark.

Smile

That's good to know - Thanks Josh Smile
I haven't used any of Z's sharing tools for around 3 years or more, relying on Nifty for eveything. I'm a 'feedback' junkie ;) I want to know where every referral sale comes from so I know what to do more of - using Nifty makes sure I get that info.

@Shelli - well, you're very naughty
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:25:40 PM
I've updated the product grid page for screenshots tool. It now includes a shortened link you can copy to go with your screenshot when you share on social media.

There's a caveat for Pinterest and you can read all about it here
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:27:14 AM
I've just written a new tutorial on how to multiply the reach of your store with a speed-sharer that can be shared on Twitter or Facebook.

The cool thing is that it makes it really easy for your followers to retweet / repost to their followers or actually use it to tweet / share / pin the designs of yours they like. As long as they can tap / click, they can do it!

Here's the tutorial

Enjoy!
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 8:41:08 AM
Question
Should this apply only to new nIFTTTy schedules you make or do you want it to apply to existing ones as well?

I've got a new version of the nIFTTTy feed scheduler where the first 5 tags of a product are used as hashtags, appended to a products title when it's pinned.
As long as the product tags are relevant, it should make your pins much more relevant in Pinterest search.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 8:52:29 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Question
Should this apply only to new nIFTTTy schedules you make or do you want it to apply to existing ones as well?

I've got a new version of the nIFTTTy feed scheduler where the first 5 tags of a product are used as hashtags, appended to a products title when it's pinned.
As long as the product tags are relevant, it should make your pins much more relevant in Pinterest search.

it sounds okay except for the fact that we have no control over the relevency of other people's tags and that raises the question:

how does Pinterest react to tag spam?
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:20:13 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
Question

it sounds okay except for the fact that we have no control over the relevency of other people's tags and that raises the question:

how does Pinterest react to tag spam?

I don't think that'll be an issue with only 5 being used - especially with the super-relevant ones you'll be adding as well as part of your applet's set-up!
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:24:49 PM
Ok, I've now gone live with it.
All existing and new nIFTTTy schedule's pins will now include the first 5 tags from the product as hashtags. They're appended to the end of the product's title and that's what's used in the description for the pin, plus anything you've added in your applet's set-up.
Please check your next few pins to make sure it's working well for you.
Thanks!
Any issues, reply here Smile

NB IFTTT are now calling applets by the new name 'connections'. I'm finding it hard to get used to the new term as it seems less meaningful to me.