Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 26 pages: First ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 3:02:00 PM
submitted at FB Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:36:36 AM
I've gone live now with the image frames style. It's in the Pinterest-specific section of the nIFTTTy scheduler. A couple of points. You don't need to choose fonts or call-to-action text if you're using ONLY the image frames image style. If you use it together with any other image style, then you will need to choose fonts and call-to-action text.

Here's what the current ones look like:
https://niftytoolz.com/general-how-tos-for-zazzle-and-society6-promotion-tools/learn-how-to-use-the-dedicated-nifttty-scheduler-pinterest-section/image-frames-for-use-on-pinterest-by-the-nifttty-scheduler

A big thank you to those who have submitted some for use Roses Roses Roses

Enjoy
Smile Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:40:07 AM
Here's a pin using one of the new frames - one submitted by Malissa of MelroseOriginals:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/332562753734289691/
It looks real nice Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 2:12:53 PM
Aww.. seems like your coming close to "copying" some of my pin creations....

Here is one of my more recent pins:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433659988918/

Not sure how I feel about your work. No offense. I thought I was on to something by making my zazzle pins stand out...
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 2:44:01 PM
Josh B wrote:
Aww.. seems like your coming close to "copying" some of my pin creations....

Here is one of my more recent pins:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433659988918/

Not sure how I feel about your work. No offense. I thought I was on to something by making my zazzle pins stand out...

That does look good! Great design flair showing there Smile
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 2:52:31 PM
Josh B wrote:
Aww.. seems like your coming close to "copying" some of my pin creations....

Here is one of my more recent pins:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433659988918/

Not sure how I feel about your work. No offense. I thought I was on to something by making my zazzle pins stand out...


I don't think Mark was copying you, the idea of frames is nothing new and 2 of the frames are ones I submitted and I had never seen yours before.

But once you blaze a trail it is inevitable that people will copy you.

Take it as a compliment.
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 3:47:42 PM
I agree with Shelli, JoshB. I designed several and had never seen yours either, but a basic frame style in varying degrees of transparency and styles is pretty common on Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/985231155506691/?lp=true This link shows some popular styles that show frames have already been in use.

I think yours are definitely unique with your logo and stand out as individual against any of the frames that Mark's tool uses or even the ones on that link. The frames that Mark's tool uses utilize the same product square as yours due to the nature of the square images that are available for pinning from Zazzle. Smile

Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 4:06:54 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
I agree with Shelli, JoshB. I designed several and had never seen yours either, but a basic frame style in varying degrees of transparency and styles is pretty common on Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/985231155506691/?lp=true This link shows some popular styles that show frames have already been in use.

I think yours are definitely unique with your logo and stand out as individual against any of the frames that Mark's tool uses or even the ones on that link. The frames that Mark's tool uses utilize the same product square as yours due to the nature of the square images that are available for pinning from Zazzle. Smile



Interesting link. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 4:16:45 PM
And please, I don't want anyone to think I'm mad at Mark.

I actually saw one of his pins on pinterest today and thought wow. My pins are missing the call to action and I love the Zazzle Promise being on there.

And thanks to Mark, I planned on incorporating both into my pins. But now that I realize that there will probably be 100's if not 1000's of pins with the Zazzle promise on them, well it gives me pause...

But the call to action is a definite must include. I tried a variation that is not as direct as Mark's awhile back and have been giving all these different pins time to perform. I have many varieties.

While I wait, I've just been designing pins for every product and collection, etc. Since I have 1000's of products across a few stores, well it's time consuming...

I'm rambling... lol.

Just wanted everyone to know I'm not mad. Smile Or accusing Mark of anything wrong. Stick out tongue

Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 6:30:45 PM
Josh B wrote:
And please, I don't want anyone to think I'm mad at Mark.

I actually saw one of his pins on pinterest today and thought wow. My pins are missing the call to action and I love the Zazzle Promise being on there.

And thanks to Mark, I planned on incorporating both into my pins. But now that I realize that there will probably be 100's if not 1000's of pins with the Zazzle promise on them, well it gives me pause...

But the call to action is a definite must include. I tried a variation that is not as direct as Mark's awhile back and have been giving all these different pins time to perform. I have many varieties.

While I wait, I've just been designing pins for every product and collection, etc. Since I have 1000's of products across a few stores, well it's time consuming...

I'm rambling... lol.

Just wanted everyone to know I'm not mad. Smile Or accusing Mark of anything wrong. Stick out tongue



Roses
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:53:20 PM
Josh B wrote:
And please, I don't want anyone to think I'm mad at Mark.

I actually saw one of his pins on pinterest today and thought wow. My pins are missing the call to action and I love the Zazzle Promise being on there.

And thanks to Mark, I planned on incorporating both into my pins. But now that I realize that there will probably be 100's if not 1000's of pins with the Zazzle promise on them, well it gives me pause...

But the call to action is a definite must include. I tried a variation that is not as direct as Mark's awhile back and have been giving all these different pins time to perform. I have many varieties.

While I wait, I've just been designing pins for every product and collection, etc. Since I have 1000's of products across a few stores, well it's time consuming...

I'm rambling... lol.

Just wanted everyone to know I'm not mad. Smile Or accusing Mark of anything wrong. Stick out tongue


It's ok, Josh, what you wrote was just fine Roses
Just like artists here on Zazzle come up with ideas independently of other artists, so the same applies in the pinning world.

nIFTTTy will never be able to come up with pins that look as beautiful as yours as they're generated automatically, whereas you apply your artistic flair to each one individually. And it shows in the final result!

Good luck to you
Mark (HightonRidley)
Smile
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:56:40 AM
I realize this is a long shot (I suspect it would be too hard to do), but...

Is there any chance of you're adding the option of a "Custom" frame slot that uses your "Calls to Action" plus your program's ability to automatically pin but the pinner's frame(s)?

P.S. Also, how about a few solid colored frames with a slight texture to them? I'm sure that's doable!
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:12:08 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
I realize this is a long shot (I suspect it would be too hard to do), but...

Is there any chance of you're adding the option of a "Custom" frame slot that uses your "Calls to Action" plus your program's ability to automatically pin but the pinner's frame(s)?

P.S. Also, how about a few solid colored frames with a slight texture to them? I'm sure that's doable!

Great feedback, Saints_Aplenty Roses
Right now, I'm getting us all to walk before we run
Laughing Laughing

As for your PS - there's nothing to stop you creating some and submitting them via the FB group or here
Smile
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 7:55:04 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
I realize this is a long shot (I suspect it would be too hard to do), but...

Is there any chance of you're adding the option of a "Custom" frame slot that uses your "Calls to Action" plus your program's ability to automatically pin but the pinner's frame(s)?

P.S. Also, how about a few solid colored frames with a slight texture to them? I'm sure that's doable!

Great feedback, Saints_Aplenty Roses
Right now, I'm getting us all to walk before we run
Laughing Laughing

As for your PS - there's nothing to stop you creating some and submitting them via the FB group or here
Smile


Wow Mark, I made some applets using the frames and I was a little curious how the more colorful ones would work randomly, you know, whether they would clash with the product colors...

I gotta say, however you coded it to choose products that match the frame colors is quite amazing and they look great! I am watching them to see if they get more views or clicks than normal pins do and so far it seems like they are slightly better.
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 9:06:17 AM
@Shelli -- Good to know! I'll have to run a test. I just find what I've seen so far a little too jazzy for my niche. I'm far from cutting edge! LOL!

@Highton -- Mmmm... that's a thought. Not sure I'd be up to the task though.
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:24:27 AM
:
:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Wow Mark, I made some applets using the frames and I was a little curious how the more colorful ones would work randomly, you know, whether they would clash with the product colors...

I gotta say, however you coded it to choose products that match the frame colors is quite amazing and they look great! I am watching them to see if they get more views or clicks than normal pins do and so far it seems like they are slightly better.

Ah, how I wish it were so!
Laughing Laughing

...but it's not. The image frames are chosen randomly right now. I do have plans for the future, though.
When people have submitted enough that are suitable for a particular theme, the nIFTTTy scheduler code will be looking in the supplied tracking code for particular keywords and will choose appropriate frames acordingly.

For example, when we've got a minimum of, say, five frames suitable for halloween products, the code will look for the word halloween in the tracking code and, if it finds it, it will choose one of the halloween image frames.

Of course, this approach does rely on designers submitting suitable image frames. Fingers crossed....
Grin
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:26:21 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
:
:
@Highton -- Mmmm... that's a thought. Not sure I'd be up to the task though.

Give it a go! You never know, you might find a way Roses
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:38:40 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
:
:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Wow Mark, I made some applets using the frames and I was a little curious how the more colorful ones would work randomly, you know, whether they would clash with the product colors...

I gotta say, however you coded it to choose products that match the frame colors is quite amazing and they look great! I am watching them to see if they get more views or clicks than normal pins do and so far it seems like they are slightly better.

Ah, how I wish it were so!
Laughing Laughing

...but it's not. The image frames are chosen randomly right now. I do have plans for the future, though.
When people have submitted enough that are suitable for a particular theme, the nIFTTTy scheduler code will be looking in the supplied tracking code for particular keywords and will choose appropriate frames acordingly.





For example, when we've got a minimum of, say, five frames suitable for halloween products, the code will look for the word halloween in the tracking code and, if it finds it, it will choose one of the halloween image frames.

Of course, this approach does rely on designers submitting suitable image frames. Fingers crossed....
Grin


Well I was just sure it couldn't be a coincidence when I saw about 8 designs that were perfectly color coordinated with the chosen frame... haha, Oh well, still the frames and call to action are a great addition!
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:09:09 AM
ℹ️ I've now got the nIFTTTy scheduler code written and tested that allows you to choose the type / theme of image frames you want used for your pins.

Now we just need more themed image frames to choose between.
The themes that come to my mind are
✅ Halloween
✅ Christmas
✅ Hanukkah
✅ Valentine's Day
✅ St Patrick's Day
✅ Easter
..and any you can think of on top of that.

To be useful, I think we need a minimum of, say, 5 of each?
You could do a variation on each where one has text and the other doesn't. I'm finding my boards are getting a bit too "shouty" when all the pins use call-to-action text.

The way you would choose would be to use special keywords in the tracking codes you make up for your nIFTTTy schedule.

For example - and I haven't decided precisely - if you include _3halloween3_ that would mean you want one of the halloween ones. Using _3valentine3_ would mean you want one of the St Valentine ones.

Why is the 3 included like that? People might want to use halloween etc in their tracking code but not trigger the choice of just halloween frames.

What do you think? Feedback welcome Roses


So, if you want the benefit of beautiful pins that stand out from the crowd, get designing! Full design spec details in the Fb group. They're in the first comment to this post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/581280082075739/permalink/1005624529641290/


Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:01:46 AM
Don't know if this has been noted before, but I've found that nIFFTY apparently can't see direct-only products in collections.

I've left the marketplace (maybe permanently), so everything in my store is direct-only now - but still otherwise accessible via my collections, which remain public and still attached to my store.

It's a weird situation, I know.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:21:41 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Don't know if this has been noted before, but I've found that nIFFTY apparently can't see direct-only products in collections.

I've left the marketplace (maybe permanently), so everything in my store is direct-only now - but still otherwise accessible via my collections, which remain public and still attached to my store.

It's a weird situation, I know.


I wonder if there is any way Mark could make it work with DO links?

Adding: I would have thought it would pull from collection feeds anyway since DO are still technically public products in our back end sorts.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:12:04 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Don't know if this has been noted before, but I've found that nIFFTY apparently can't see direct-only products in collections.

I've left the marketplace (maybe permanently), so everything in my store is direct-only now - but still otherwise accessible via my collections, which remain public and still attached to my store.

It's a weird situation, I know.


I wonder if there is any way Mark could make it work with DO links?

Adding: I would have thought it would pull from collection feeds anyway since DO are still technically public products in our back end sorts.

That was my thought, too. But I'll understand if it's not practical/possible for him to do it.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:08:37 AM
Nifty can only see what's available via the Zazzle rss feed mechanism. That can't include Direct Only products because then they wouldn't be direct only.

Makes sense to me.
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:21:36 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Nifty can only see what's available via the Zazzle rss feed mechanism. That can't include Direct Only products because then they wouldn't be direct only.

Makes sense to me.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation!
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:45:32 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Nifty can only see what's available via the Zazzle rss feed mechanism. That can't include Direct Only products because then they wouldn't be direct only.

Makes sense to me.


I see the logic now...
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded