Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 29 pages: First ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 2:48:51 AM
Hey everyone - thanks for the great discussion. Right now I'm having computer issues so can't give the attention to you all that you deserve.

It doesn't affect the tool, just my ability to get online. Hopefully it'll be resolved early next week.
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 5:29:26 AM
no worries on this end MarkRoses
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:12:11 AM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all your hard work on these tools for us.You're the best Roses

I fiiinaaallly took some time out to get some applets made using your scheduler. I'd looked at IFTTT in the past but I just found your step by step (perfect for Dummies like me) instructions on how to create the applet. Worked like a charm and hopefully we will both see more referral income rolling in.

I'll stick with the freebie version for the time being until I'm a little more confident in what I'm doing..lol
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:01:59 AM
Array Stores wrote:
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all your hard work on these tools for us.You're the best Roses

I fiiinaaallly took some time out to get some applets made using your scheduler. I'd looked at IFTTT in the past but I just found your step by step (perfect for Dummies like me) instructions on how to create the applet. Worked like a charm and hopefully we will both see more referral income rolling in.

I'll stick with the freebie version for the time being until I'm a little more confident in what I'm doing..lol

Awww, thanks ArrayStores. It's always good to hear feedback like yours Roses Roses
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:32:17 PM
Thanks to Matthew (you know who you are) for reporting a bug. The individual product sharers were ignoring the checkbox setting for using the UK date format instead of the US format. They were always using the UK format (DDMMYY).
Now fixed.

It didn't affect the other tools, just the individual product sharers.
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:19:09 AM
Today I am celebrating a breakthrough! I got my first referrral with a nifty scheduler tracking code! :::jumps up and down:::

Yay! I am so happy it finally happened. PTL! I am sure there will be more to come!

Thank you Mark for building and sharing this tool with us! Love

Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:15:09 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Today I am celebrating a breakthrough! I got my first referrral with a nifty scheduler tracking code! :::jumps up and down:::

Yay! I am so happy it finally happened. PTL! I am sure there will be more to come!

Yay! So glad for you!

I have gotten a couple here and there and am hopeful for them really picking up. 3 of them have been in the last 4 days (one a day skipping one day) so that is really exciting. Grin
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:22:21 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Yay! So glad for you!

I have gotten a couple here and there and am hopeful for them really picking up. 3 of them have been in the last 4 days (one a day skipping one day) so that is really exciting. Grin

awesome! big congrats to you too!Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:04:54 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Yay! So glad for you!

Happy dance for you both! Smile
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:46:44 AM
I've updated Nifty and the product grid sharer so when you share to pinterest, facebook and twitter you get an image made up of the first 5 products from the grid. It's a bit like the image you get when sharing a collection directly from Zazzle.

I'll give it a chance for any bugs to surface before doing the same for the slideshow sharer.

I've chosen an image proportion that works on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook, though that means it's got to meet the lowest common denominator.

Still looks good, though.
Here's what it looks like on each:
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/hightonridley/status/1143503322734891009
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/mark.ridley/posts/10220065950625494
Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/332562753734111383

🤓
I've had to keep to a smaller image size because each one generated is stored on my server.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:01:07 AM
Looks like Pinterest is cutting off the sides at the link provided in your post, being a portrait format instead of the landscape format seen on Facebook and Twitter. Is that intentional?
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:44:43 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Looks like Pinterest is cutting off the sides at the link provided in your post, being a portrait format instead of the landscape format seen on Facebook and Twitter. Is that intentional?

I'm not seeing the sides cut off???
There's a screnhost on this blog post:
https://niftytoolz.com/new-multi-product-sharing-image-for-product-grid-sharer
Is that what you're seeing?
Or are you seeing the Pinterest feed version?

Thanks for the question Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:51:14 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

The Pinterest one looks okay to me.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:52:59 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:

I'm seeing this when I click the initial link you provided:

If I click on that image, I get to the one that looks like your blog post image.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:18:06 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
:
:

If I click on that image, I get to the one that looks like your blog post image.

Hmmm... I get straight to the pin when I click the link. If I use a different browser (one where I'm not logged in) I see what you see - a section from the middle.
Were you logged in?

Thanks for helping me on this Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:01:54 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
:
:

Hmmm... I get straight to the pin when I click the link. If I use a different browser (one where I'm not logged in) I see what you see - a section from the middle.
Were you logged in?

I was not logged in to Pinterest - so that's probably indeed the reason for the difference.
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:10:27 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
:
:

Were you logged in?

I was not logged in to Pinterest - so that's probably indeed the reason for the difference.

Thanks Smile Smile Smile
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:27:32 AM
I've now updated the Pinterest share for the Product Grid sharer page to use a 600x900 pixel image. Here's an example pin using it:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/332562753734121940/

Edited to add: When you hit the Pin button, it only shows the top part of the generated 5-product image. Keep going and you'll see your pin does use the whole 600x900 image.

If you didn't know, you can also embed the product grid in your blog. Works great on Blogger:
https://razamazazzle.blogspot.com/2019/06/custom-rustic-wedding-thankyou-cards.html
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 6:30:37 AM
I just hit 1 million monthly viewers on Pinterest! Fantastic!

I would never have managed that without Nifty. Thanks Mark. Grin

Roses Roses Roses
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 7:17:24 AM
Lyrical Sixties wrote:
I just hit 1 million monthly viewers on Pinterest! Fantastic!

I would never have managed that without Nifty. Thanks Mark. Grin

Roses Roses Roses

Well done!

Mine has climbed from 40 K monthly to 219 K! I am hopeful to keep increasing!
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:40:20 AM
Really pleased that some have come here to give their feedback!
Some are getting much better results than others and my digging shows it's largely down to the types of pin being shared.

Keep pinning - check your engagment stats and do more of what gets you the best results. Don't just pin and run!

Good luck everyone - and remember that luck favors those who do their research!
Stick out tongue
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:50:00 AM
I fixed a bug when scheduling from collections. The nIFTTTy scheduler would pin up to the 20th item and then stop.
I found the issue and have fixed it. All future nIFTTTy schedules you set up, where you're pulling from collections, will now respect the number requested in Step1 of the Nifty Promo Control Panel.
240 is the max you can get at with collections.

For non-collection pulls, the number requested is ignored. nIFTTTy will just keep going until there's none left - just over 900 can be pinned / shared at the rate of 12 max per day.

Some people think that the 50/50 referral share on the free version (ie where you don't pay for a subscription) is a rip-off.
I ask, without the automated nIFTTTy scheduling, can you pin 840 per week, week in, week out? I doubt it. What's 50% of nothing?
You decide
Laughing
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 6:36:06 AM
Not a rip-off at all! Your tools are amazing! And the help you provide is always apt, prompt, and cheerful! Don't let the turkeys get you down!!!
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 9:14:27 AM
mark -

i just started using Nifty, and i am delighted to know that i am pinning without spending a lot of time doing it. still learning. a couple of questions have come up - the first...

pinterest boards now have sections (sub-boards). how do i pin to a section/sub-board?

thanks,
marcia s.
SocolikCardShop
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 9:59:35 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
Not a rip-off at all! Your tools are amazing! And the help you provide is always apt, prompt, and cheerful! Don't let the turkeys get you down!!!

Thanks for your support, Saints_Aplenty Roses
I think people just can't believe something so good is free, so they look for what they think are downsides to it.

Oh well...
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:02:05 AM
marcia s. wrote:
mark -

i just started using Nifty, and i am delighted to know that i am pinning without spending a lot of time doing it. still learning. a couple of questions have come up - the first...

pinterest boards now have sections (sub-boards). how do i pin to a section/sub-board?

thanks,
marcia s.
SocolikCardShop

Welcome to Nifty, Marcia!
Unfortunately IFTTT don't (yet?) support sections Crying

If you do Facebook, join the support group for more than just support Smile
It's linked at the top of the Nifty Promo Control Panel
Here it is again for your convenience:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/581280082075739
...and remember, no question is ever too dumb to ask - we all start our journey from different places
Smile
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:19:57 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Saints_Aplenty wrote:

I think people just can't believe something so good is free, so they look for what they think are downsides to it.

Oh well...

Wow... well they are wrong. Even though I have the paid subscription I don't think anything about your tools is a rip off. With all the hard work you put into them and the up keep the fact that you have a free version is amazing and if you get referrals from them then you deserve them!

They just don't understand how much work and techie know how it takes to even offer a tool like nifty.
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 2:29:19 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Saints_Aplenty wrote:

Oh well...

Wow... well they are wrong. Even though I have the paid subscription I don't think anything about your tools is a rip off. With all the hard work you put into them and the up keep the fact that you have a free version is amazing and if you get referrals from them then you deserve them!

They just don't understand how much work and techie know how it takes to even offer a tool like nifty.

Thanks Shelli, very kind of you to say so Roses

Right now, I'm working on a new feature to improve the images used by nIFTTTy when they're pinned on Pinterest. Fingers crossed it works out.

I'm using my new-found image manipulation skills as used in the product grid sharer page, so watch this space (or the FB group where I'll post about progress).

I needed a bit of a gee-up and you and Saints_Aplenty have given me that.
Thank you both Roses Roses
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 9:49:54 AM
YES!

I just earned my second referral with a confirmed nIFTTTy tracking code!

Grin

ETA: date on it was 04/18/19
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 11:58:10 AM
YES!

I just earned my second referral with a confirmed nIFTTTy tracking code!

Grin

ETA: date on it was 04/18/19

Yaay! And that was quite quick between pinning/sharing and getting the referral.
Well done Smile