Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 32 pages: First ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Last
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:36:07 PM
I've just added a tutorial for creating a nIFTTTy schedule and making an IFTTT applet to use it. It's a screenshot-based one and you can see it here:
https://niftytoolz.com/zazzle-promotion-nifty-control-panel/how-to-schedule-pinning-from-your-zazzle-collection
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:29:30 PM
I LOVE the Nifty Promo Control Panel for Zazzlers. Today I received a referral totaling $58.82 - 4 sales from the same Pinterest board. Last month I made VB 3 - first time since Z took away our VB program in 2013. Now let me add that I have never been much of a promoter, but Nifty makes it so easy! And the referrals I've made have more than made up for the small fee Mark charges. You can try it for free at first, then move to a paid subscription.

If you're scared to try it, don't be! Mark has excellent, easy-to-follow tutorials and if you still need help, he'll guide you through the process step-by-step. And as he says, there is no question too dumb to ask. Trust me, I have certainly tried his patience there - lol.

Please check out the FB group and sign up for Nifty today. If this senior citizen can figure it out, I know you can too! Roses
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:55:25 AM
Dale M. Boyce wrote:
I LOVE the Nifty Promo Control Panel for Zazzlers. Today I received a referral totaling $58.82 - 4 sales from the same Pinterest board. Last month I made VB 3 - first time since Z took away our VB program in 2013. Now let me add that I have never been much of a promoter, but Nifty makes it so easy! And the referrals I've made have more than made up for the small fee Mark charges. You can try it for free at first, then move to a paid subscription.

If you're scared to try it, don't be! Mark has excellent, easy-to-follow tutorials and if you still need help, he'll guide you through the process step-by-step. And as he says, there is no question too dumb to ask. Trust me, I have certainly tried his patience there - lol.

Please check out the FB group and sign up for Nifty today. If this senior citizen can figure it out, I know you can too! Roses

Thanks so much for giving this feedback, Dale Roses Roses Roses

Lesley G said this, yesterday:

Quote:
Wow, this has made my day - 5 referrals, totalling about £16! From pins in November 18 and February 19. I love Nifty.

It's so cool to hear how Nifty is helping people
Grin
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:55:02 AM
✅ I've tweaked the slideshow and product grid page sharers to give better info when shared. Much improved and should help you get more engagement.

✅ I've also updated the product grid page sharer with page nav buttons. It means you can now give your customers / followers access to around a thousand products at a time.
As usual, products can come from a store, a store category, a department (once Zazzle fix the current issue of department ids not working) or from the marketplace.

(If you use a collection as your source, you only get one page anyway.)

✅ One really cool thing about using it to show off your store's products/designs is that there's no distractions to lead them off to other people's products.
Once they're on your product grid, that's where they stay until they click through to your product page (and hopefully buy it) or close that browser tab / window.

Enjoy
Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:08:38 PM
I forgot to give an example, duh!

Click to see a product grid sharer page in action
Looks very cool when shared on Facebook, Tweeted or pinned on Pinterest.
Here's it tweeted:
https://twitter.com/hightonridley/status/1109547666864775168

I've also written a brief blog post about it, here:
https://niftytoolz.com/new-page-nav-for-niftys-zazzle-product-grid-sharer-page

Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:55:42 PM
First I must thank Shelli Fitzpatrick for unwittingly giving me a kick. Thank you, Shelli Roses Roses Roses

Check out this post on my Blogger blog:
https://razamazazzle.blogspot.com/2019/03/testing-iframe-for-product-grid-sharer.html

What's it showing?
It's showing a live, yes LIVE, product grid.
How did I do it?
First I used Nifty to make a Product Grid Sharer Page, and then I embedded it in an iframe in a new blog post.

Although I haven't checked, yet, you'll be able to do the same with any Nifty slideshow sharer pages you make.

Stop reading now if you're only mildly interested

🤓
When you make your sharer page and view it, copy the stuff in the browser's address bar ready for pasting.
Use this code for product grid sharer pages
Code:

<iframe height="1000px" width="100%" src="">
  <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>

and paste what you copied between those double quotes in the src=""

For slideshow sharer pages reduce the height to what works.
All that lot has to be pasted (in code view, not as text) into your blog post.
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:04:13 PM
The embedded slideshow is even cooler. Not only is it live but so is its inbuilt search.

How cool is that?
Grin

Check out this blog post:
https://razamazazzle.blogspot.com/2019/03/testing-iframe-for-slideshow-sharer-page.html
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:23:42 PM
That is a great addition Mark! It almost makes me wish I had a blog again so I could play with it...almost!
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:35:09 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
That is a great addition Mark! It almost makes me wish I had a blog again so I could play with it...almost!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of course, you could just pin, tweet or Fb-share the slideshow or product grid page you create with Nifty - the buttons are all there, you just need to click them
Stick out tongue
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:37:31 PM
It works like a treat on a self-hosted WordPress blog as well. Here's one I made this way:
https://niftytoolz.com/embedding-nifty-generated-sharer-pages-in-your-wordpress-blog
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:25:22 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of course, you could just pin, tweet or Fb-share the slideshow or product grid page you create with Nifty - the buttons are all there, you just need to click them
Stick out tongue

Yes! I will definitely be doing that!
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:42:47 PM
well I read through all that and it somehow didn't soak in so since I have been online all day I must need a nap. I will come back to this thread with a fresh brain and then I'm sure I will get it. LOL

glad my iframe mention was a motivating factor for you Mark! Grin I do lots of things unwittingly Laughing
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:47:08 PM
the blog post looks great! can I just paste that code into an embed widget on my Weebly site? if so I will be using this alot!
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:08:20 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
the blog post looks great! can I just paste that code into an embed widget on my Weebly site? if so I will be using this alot!

I just tested it on Weebly. Yes, just copy and paste into a code widget. I found a width of 98% works best on a Weebly blog post.

Here it is:
http://riskfreegifts.weebly.com/blog1/testing-nifty-zazzle-slideshow-embed

The inbuilt slideshow search works brilliantly. On my example, because the slideshow is coming from my store, the search is restricted to my store. If I'd pulled from the market place, then it would search the market place. If it's a collection, search ignores the collection and searches the market place.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:10:59 AM
Something to remember:

Without a Nifty membership, it's the usual 50/50 referral commission split.
With a membership its 100% to you.

But you also need to be aware that if your membership stops, it'll revert back to 50/50. Even on ones you made before.

It wasn't planned that way, it's just the way it works out with grids / slideshows that are generated live. By 'live', I mean that when a visitor visits, the products are pulled afresh from Zazzle there and then.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 4:58:33 AM
Embed Nifty's slideshow sharer pages on your own website or blog.

I've tested it on Blogger, Weebly and self-hosted WordPress.

I've added a hidden section to the Nifty Zazzle Slideshow Sharer Page that is only on display when you visit the page via the Nifty Promo Control Panel (or it's on the NiftyToolz website).
It's there to let you get the html code to embed the slideshow on your site or blog.

This is what the new section looks like:

The reason it's normally hidden is so your visitors don't see that section.

A couple of other things:
o The sharing buttons don't show up on Weebly but they do on Blogger and WordPress.
o The in-built search will only search in your store, if that's the source for your slideshow. If the source is the marketplace, then that's where search looks. It'll also look there if your source was a collection.

Probably the coolest 😎 aspect about this is the search. Your efforts to get a visitor to your blog / site will more likely pay off when you keep them looking only at your products. Ok, when they click through to the product page, they might get diverted then. But at least while they're on your site / blog, you can keep them looking only at yours.

As usual, without a subscription, you automatically advance to 50/50 referral commission sharing by using your referral id. With a subscription, it's 100% to you.
Note: Because the slideshow is generated live by pulling afresh from Zazzle for each visitor, it also means that if you let your subscription lapse, all existing (and new ones you embed) will revert to the 50/50 approach. It's not planned that way, it's just the way it works for 'live' stuff.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:49:50 AM
For technical reasons (ie stupidity, lol!) that hidden section is now got at via a button that everyone can see (get this for your own blog). One advantage of that is people who like your slideshow or product grid can embed it in their own website or blog. Extra 'virality'!
To see what I mean, visit here

I've also made the same embed code feature available for the Nifty Product Grid Page Sharer, too.

Enjoy
Grin
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 12:32:58 PM
HightonRidley wrote:

I just tested it on Weebly. Yes, just copy and paste into a code widget. I found a width of 98% works best on a Weebly blog post.

Here it is:
http://riskfreegifts.weebly.com/blog1/testing-nifty-zazzle-slideshow-embed

The inbuilt slideshow search works brilliantly. On my example, because the slideshow is coming from my store, the search is restricted to my store. If I'd pulled from the market place, then it would search the market place. If it's a collection, search ignores the collection and searches the market place.

sorry for the late reply! but thank you!!! I am so happy about this! now I just need some free time to play with it...Laughing
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 9:24:17 PM
hey Mark, are you having as much applet failure as I am today?

most of my applets are disconnected and when I try to reconnect it tells me "could not connect".

Any ideas?

TIA
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:22:23 AM

most of my applets are disconnected and when I try to reconnect it tells me "could not connect".

Any ideas?

TIA

I'm investigating. My first thoughts are that there's a general issue between IFTTT and Pinterest.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:43:50 AM
HightonRidley wrote:

Any ideas?

TIA

I'm investigating. My first thoughts are that there's a general issue between IFTTT and Pinterest.

I did too and I wondered if maybe Pinterest did it on purpose?

I read on some blog recently that they don't like it when people use schedulers that they haven't "approved", then they gave names like tailwind and hootsuite (paid services). That made me wonder if there is some monetary reason why Pinterest doesn't approve of these other scheduling methods... just thinking out loud here and I hope I am on the wrong track! But now all of a sudden all of my IFTTT applets are not working.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:13:42 AM
HightonRidley wrote:

Any ideas?

TIA

I read on some blog recently that they don't like it when people use schedulers that they haven't "approved", then they gave names like tailwind and hootsuite (paid services). That made me wonder if there is some monetary reason why Pinterest doesn't approve of these other scheduling methods... just thinking out loud here and I hope I am on the wrong track! But now all of a sudden all of my IFTTT applets are not working.

I don't think that's the case. I raised a question about it on the semi-official IFTTT Reddit and people from around the web are experiencing the same issue, Shelli:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ifttt/comments/b79gyk/ifttt_unable_to_connect_to_pinterest/
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:17:21 AM
Maybe now is a good time to pin your product grid sharer pages, like this one
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:18:32 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Any ideas?

TIA

I don't think that's the case. I raised a question about it on the semi-official IFTTT Reddit and people from around the web are experiecing the same issue, Shelli:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ifttt/comments/b79gyk/ifttt_unable_to_connect_to_pinterest/

okay well good to know it is not just me!

I will not worry about it right now and maybe next time I look it will be fixed.
Smile
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:19:08 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
Maybe now is a good time to pin your product grid sharer pages, like this one

Good idea.
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:15:17 AM
Mark,

Got an email from IFTTT notifying me my applets weren't working and a button to allegedly fix it. It didn't work. Have you seen the email? Would it help you to see it? My impression is that it's a 'handshaking' problem on the Pinterest end.
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:38:36 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
Mark,

Got an email from IFTTT notifying me my applets weren't working and a button to allegedly fix it. It didn't work. Have you seen the email? Would it help you to see it? My impression is that it's a 'handshaking' problem on the Pinterest end.

Yes, I've seen it. It's happening to peeps across the internet, not just us. Look ^^^ for a link to a Reddit I opened on the topic.
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:43:14 AM
I wonder what would happen with a brand new applet...

Brand new applets do the same thing.

I tried revoking access I tried editing the connection... Pinterest won't let me do anything with it.

it is like they are completely disconnected from the IFTTT service. oh well Pinterest has never responded to any of my cries for help before so I am not going to waste my time trying to contact them.
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:54:08 AM
on to the grids and slideshows...
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 12:54:03 PM
on to the grids and slideshows...

Ahhh... a pragmatist!
Grin

Remember you can add a promo code to all links if you want. It's under more options->advanced options

Here's a product grid sharer page I did with one.