Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 16 pages: First ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:54:31 AM
I had a report of missing images in the Nifty Promo Control Panel. I've got to the bottom of it. Some products, I think it's just the new paper breakout ones, use a different way of specifying images. That messed up the part of my code that works with the images.
I've fixed it now. I've tested that it hasn't had any unintended consequences but if you have any issues, don't hesitate to report it in this thread.
You need do nothing - any schedules, slideshows and other live widgets will continue working as before.
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 2:18:00 PM
I made a boo-boo when I updated things a couple of weeks ago to allow filtering. An unintended side-effect I discovered today was that the individual product sharers were always using my referral id for the free versions.
So I'm sorry about that Crying
I've now put that right and it's back to what I actually intended: yours gets used half the time and mine the other half, chosen at random.
I've also now changed things for the 2 product grid page sharers and the two slideshow page sharers so it's a 50/50 split on choosing to use your referral id or mine.
So that completes the conversion of all the tools available on the Nifty Promo Control Panel to this referral-sharing approach.
Of course, those who've paid a subscription (it's only $3.50 per month) have their referral id used at all times in all the tools.
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:08:07 PM
Same boo-boo, different side-effect. In this one, any promo code you set only got used in some of the Nifty tools. All fixed now 😎
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 3:58:14 AM
I'm slowly rewriting the nifty tools to remove their reliance on YQL (Yahoo query language). The reason is twofold:

o it's been unreliable in the past, causing issues with Nifty and its tools
o to gain a slight speed advantage (one less call across the internet to another service)

So far I've done the nIFTTTy Scheduler and the nIFTTTy Pid Scheduler. When time permits, I'll do the others.
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 10:58:09 AM
Announcing the impending release of a revamped nIFTTTy Scheduler.
This major time-saving change will mean you'll get fully automated IFTTT applets that last up to 83 days running at the max of 12 per day.
Shocked That's around 1000 pins / shares - almost 3 month's of unattended pinning!

What are you going to do with that free time?
Create, I suppose?

If you don't want to do this for your own store(s), I'll be offering a donation option where I'll do it for you on Pinterest. Details when I release it. Watch this space.

Note that it'll only work like that when pulling from stores - collections are dealt with as before.
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 1:45:22 PM
hello Mark, I am getting those popups on my blog that say "nothing returned for the grid" from old posts where I shared nifty grids.

I know it is a problem with Zazzle RSS feeds but is there a way to fix this without having to delete all my old posts? I seem to remember that if I change them from live to static grids didn't you say that helps? and if so I can't remember how to do it now.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 2:24:47 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
hello Mark, I am getting those popups on my blog that say "nothing returned for the grid" from old posts where I shared nifty grids.

I know it is a problem with Zazzle RSS feeds but is there a way to fix this without having to delete all my old posts? I seem to remember that if I change them from live to static grids didn't you say that helps? and if so I can't remember how to do it now.

Hey, Shelli Smile
I'm guessing a bit here but the likely cause is where you've got live grids pulling from the market-place. That part of Zazzle's feed mechanism is broken right now, as I think you're aware?

To fix it with similar content has to be your aim, yes? So the issue is finding an alternative store or collection source. Once you have that you can rebuild the live product grid using the alternative as a source.

Whether it's a store or collection source, you can build either a live or a static product grid. With the static route you could get rid of any collection later and all would still be well. As you're aware, you can get broken links with the static product grid if items are deleted or hidden.

I hope that helps some, if so I can remind you how to do it once you have the new source sorted.

If anything doesn't make sense, just ask away Smile
Mark
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 2:37:24 PM
HightonRidley wrote:

Hey, Shelli Smile
I'm guessing a bit here but the likely cause is where you've got live grids pulling from the market-place. That part of Zazzle's feed mechanism is broken right now, as I think you're aware?

To fix it with similar content has to be your aim, yes? So the issue is finding an alternative store or collection source. Once you have that you can rebuild the live product grid using the alternative as a source.

Whether it's a store or collection source, you can build either a live or a static product grid. With the static route you could get rid of any collection later and all would still be well. As you're aware, you can get broken links with the static product grid if items are deleted or hidden.

I hope that helps some, if so I can remind you how to do it once you have the new source sorted.

If anything doesn't make sense, just ask away Smile
Mark

Okay. thanks Mark, I will muddle through and if I get stuck I'll holler at ya! Grin
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 2:43:55 PM

Okay. thanks Mark, I will muddle through and if I get stuck I'll holler at ya! Grin

👍
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 2:53:28 PM
Be careful with Collections, Shelli - I have 3 updated this morning are showing "no products" still, while others are fine. Trying a new one over updating an existing one seems the least risky.
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 4:16:24 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Be careful with Collections, Shelli - I have 3 updated this morning are showing "no products" still, while others are fine. Trying a new one over updating an existing one seems the least risky.

Thanks Roy! with my really old posts I am just opting for deleting the entire post. it is just easier and faster that way and I doubt anyone digs thru my archives that often enough to ever miss them...

I have deleted about 10 posts going back as far as 3/2016 and I am still getting the blasted pop up. sigh...

It can't be because of nifty grids now because I don't have them any more.

but for the life of me I can't make that popup go away.

I hate it because all visitors see it and you have to click[Ok] to make it go away and it pops up for every page...Sad
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 5:56:38 PM
You might have something you meant to delete in your sidebar, in that space between your blog archives list and the red fish under it. It appears to be trying to pull Collection 119240520813126904 which doesn't seem to exist.
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 8:40:31 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
You might have something you meant to delete in your sidebar, in that space between your blog archives list and the red fish under it. It appears to be trying to pull Collection 119240520813126904 which doesn't seem to exist.

thanks Roy, I will check it out. When I am edit mode I can't see anything there but maybe if I hover over it I can at least get a delete box...
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 8:48:40 PM
OMGosh Roy! you are awesome! that worked and I never would have found it without your help! Thank you thank you thank you!Roses Love Roses Love Roses Love
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2018 9:17:55 PM
Smile
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:18:32 PM
I've just learned there's some planned maintenance on the Nifty servers: The window for this maintenance is from September 13th, 2018 9:00 am MST to September 13th, 2018 1:00 pm MST
...so expect intermittent naughtiness from Nifty during those times
Crying
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:22:54 AM
Just because it needs saying from time to time...

Don't be a spammer
Nifty tools, especially the schedulers, are very powerful and easily let you share many, many products in very little time. But they're designed to be used in conjunction with a non-spammy approach.

So don't just share/pin/tweet and run. No, you must interact, interact and interact again.

It's not just me that says so, various people around the forum who are well versed in promoting / affiliating give the same message.
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:48:18 AM
As promised, more powerful nIFTTTy Scheduler released!
Gives you 9x saving on time!
As of now, any new store-based nIFTTTy Scheduler applets you make in IFTTT will now share/pin up to 1000 products over their lifetime. All with just one set-up! At the max of 12 per day, that's almost 3 month's of fully automatic promotion.

Do pay attention to my previous post about not being a spammer!

Here's your choices
You can schedule your pins/shares to come from your entire store, from one of its categories and/or departments and you can use a search term, too.
It doesn't work on collections or the currently-broken-by-Zazzle marketplace pulls.

The usual referral commission sharing applies if you don't pay for a Nifty Tools subscription. By that I mean that your referral id is used half the time, mine the other half. You'll always get the whole royalty amount if it's your product design that sells.

Help and support here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/581280082075739 - visit and ask to join

Enjoy 😎
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:11:35 AM
I broke the Nifty Promo Control Panel a few days ago and have only just noticed. It's a weird one and proving hard to track the bug down.
Crying
Sorry everyone!
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:40:14 AM
I found and fixed it
Grin
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 9:23:37 AM
I've just come from the Nifty Toolz Facebook group. Over the last couple of months or so, I've been asking people to share their referral successes achieved with any of the Nifty Tools.
I've just totted up the referral income that members have declared they've received from Zazzle, via Pinterest, since the begining of July and it comes to over $300!
That's come from the small handful of the most active members.