Nifty Promo Control Panel - built for me, free to you 15 pages: First ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:50:22 AM
So pleased to see that the root cause of the Pinterest Rich Pins issue has been addressed and pins are now rich again.

The nIFFTy scheduler has been re-enabled now that it's fixed.
Posted: Friday, December 01, 2017 5:27:50 AM
Spoke too soon...
Between Pinterest and Zazzle, weird stuff is going on. I'm on pinterest.co.uk and today (UK time) nothing freshly posted with a zazzle.com link is rich. If I change the .com to .co.uk on the link in Pinterest it turns rich. If I change it to zazzle.ca or zazzle.fr then sometimes it turns rich, sometimes not. (I chose those domains at random).

Changing them back to .com makes them un-rich, unlike yesterday when they stayed rich.

As I said, weird.
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2017 3:30:41 AM
A little more info...
All this business about changing to .co.uk and back is misleading. What that (often) does is force a re-scrape from Zazzle and it's the re-scrape that's key.
Under some circumstances, if Pinterest has both .com and .co.uk in cache as not rich then swapping between them will have no effect (and if it's out of stock, it won't work any which way).
Today I've been experimenting on non-rich pins by simply adding a character to the tracking code. Pinterest sees that as a 'new' Zazzle product (url) and so re-scrapes - exactly what we're after and you get a rich pin.

At least that's today's behaviour and conclusion.
Laughing Laughing
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2017 12:53:01 PM
Over the past couple of weeks, I've been using your fantastic nifty tool to populate some new Pinterest boards. I did a random click through on products on the boards this morning and some had maintained the rich status, some had not.
Not sure why. I'll keep pinning though as I think I may have just had a sale from a board link Smile
Keep up your great work Mark, must be so frustrating for you to think you have it sorted, then things change :/
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2017 3:57:59 PM
Thats_Graphic wrote:
:
:
Keep up your great work Mark, must be so frustrating for you to think you have it sorted, then things change :/

Too true!
And thanks for the feedback - always good to hear Smile