Nifty Match Report tool to show sold designs missing from marketplace
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:54:44 PM
The Nifty Match (Marketplace Availability Today Checker) Report checks that each item in your Zazzle account's Royalty By Product report is available in the market place.

Edited to add: It doesn't take into account products temporarily removed from the marketplace due to Zazzle's recent seasonal "Apparel Update". This means it will show them as available where they actually aren't.

Get it, read about it and see screenshots here: https://razamazazzle.blogspot.com/2018/10/new-nifty-tool-identfies-your-sellers.html

Possible reasons for not being present in the marketplace:
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Only G-rated designs can be shown due to the way Zazzle's RSS feed works
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Marked as deleted - you did this either accidently(!) or on purpose - or something weird is going on
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Product type (sku) no longer available (what I'd call "discontinued")
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Not marked as deleted, not discontinued but still missing? More weirdness?

The Match Report is a bookmarklet you "install" by dragging a link to your toolbar. When you've done that (you only need do it once), visit your Royalty by Product report and click the bookmarklet.

See the blogpost above to get your bookmarklet, get instructions and see screenshots.

Privacy: I can't get at any data from your use of the bookmarklet. Anyone who knows about such stuff can check the code "behind" the bookmarklet and see there's nothing sneaky going on.
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:41:27 AM
I found and fixed a couple of πŸ•· bugs πŸ•· that arose under some circumstances and it's now at v1.2

Delete your old bookmarklet and visit https://razamazazzle.blogspot.com/2018/10/new-nifty-tool-identfies-your-sellers.html to get the new one.

I've been right through all pages of my Royalty by Product report and am happy to say that apart from some designs on old and discontinued iphone cases, all mine are available in the marketplace.

πŸ€“
There is a weird one that I can't fathom. It's where the service (YQL) the tool uses (to make each feed request from Zazzle) fails with one particular product id. When I make that feed request by hand, it succeeds.

So what I've done is added a link to any products that fail to pull (and aren't marked as [product deleted]). The link, when clicked will open a new window and make the feed request for that particular product.

If it succeeds, i.e. you see that products detail in the new window, then the product IS in the marketplace after all.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:01:15 AM
Cool idea.

On my MAC using Chrome, the phrase in blue did not go into my toolbar.

Maybe I was reading it wrong.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:14:02 AM
Peter Wuebker wrote:
Cool idea.

On my MAC using Chrome, the phrase in blue did not go into my toolbar.

Maybe I was reading it wrong.

It's fine in Firefox (I'm on a Mac, too) but I found this about Chrome:

Quote:
Dragging and dropping the bookmarklet in versions of Google Chrome fails to create the bookmark. This is an issue with the Chrome browser that many users are having difficulty finding a solution to. See this link: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=0a3c7a8eeccfad81&hl=en

Google doesn’t apparently have a goal date for a resolution to this issue, however there is a workaround if you want bookmarklets to work in Chrome.

That quote came from this page: https://help.crossbrowsertesting.com/live-testing/getting-started/installing-the-bookmarklet/ where it goes on to describe how to do it.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:59:52 AM
I'm on a Mac with Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to "take" the bookmarklet on either browser?
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 10:10:18 AM
PaperGrape wrote:
I'm on a Mac with Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to "take" the bookmarklet on either browser?

When you drag it in Firefox, drag it to between two others (or place at the end) - when you're dragging to an acceptable place, you'll see a small chainlink appear where it will go. Does that help?
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 10:53:41 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
PaperGrape wrote:

When you drag it in Firefox, drag it to between two others (or place at the end) - when you're dragging to an acceptable place, you'll see a small chainlink appear where it will go. Does that help?

I made a video showing how to drag a bookmarklet to the toolbar. The vid is here: https://youtu.be/4ijOqapf9-Y
It's for the Nifty RHP Totalizer but the same principle applies for this one.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 1:53:24 PM
works for me just fine in Chrome - no hassle.. but not sure what to do with it.. what will I do with this ? I mean I see what it does.. but give me a scenario of what to use it for .. and Thank you.. you make the best tools..
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 2:13:43 PM
PetsandVets wrote:
works for me just fine in Chrome - no hassle.. but not sure what to do with it.. what will I do with this ? I mean I see what it does.. but give me a scenario of what to use it for .. and Thank you.. you make the best tools..

I wonder if it's just Chrome on Macs with the problem??? 😜

There was a spate a couple of months ago where some designers were reporting that items they'd sold over and over (and they were absolutely sure they hadn't deleted) were gone.
I finally got round to wondering if the same might have happened to me but I just hadn't noticed.

The thought of going through so many products in my Royalty reports to check was just daunting. And perhaps needing to do it in again in a month or two meant I wanted an easy solution that required no thinking.

Besides, I needed a project to do while waiting for paint to dry in between coats - I'm doing some renovation around the house.
Laughing Laughing