Display RSS Feed as Image Grid on Wordpress Site
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:24:43 AM
Advice needed from Wordpress and RSS users: I'd like to display my RSS as an image grid similar to the one that used to be displayed by ZSTORE builder. Does anyone know how to do this short of writing my own CSS? Is there a plugin that will work. I'm trying to figure out best approach to replacing old store builder links on the site.
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:21:13 AM
Antique Images wrote:
Advice needed from Wordpress and RSS users: I'd like to display my RSS as an image grid similar to the one that used to be displayed by ZSTORE builder. Does anyone know how to do this short of writing my own CSS? Is there a plugin that will work. I'm trying to figure out best approach to replacing old store builder links on the site.

Try the embed code generation in Nifty. It's got a static product grid version that works on Wordpress. The live version uses Javascript so might not (probably won't) work on your site.
Shout if you need more, but have a look here in the tools forum for its topic - or dive right in here: http://www.kdl.to/nifty-slideshows.html
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:34:39 AM
Thanks HightonRidley, what you've created looks great, but I really want to go this time with understanding how to generate something like this right on my site with RSS. There must be a wordpress plugin or something somewhere that will work.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:58:39 AM
Hokay. I'm sure others will be able to point you in the right direction Smile
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:46:48 AM
You could have a look at Bootstrap, especially the grid system components :

http://www.tutorialrepublic.com/twitter-bootstrap-tutorial/bootstrap-grid-system.php

Browse the topics on the side panel to get an idea of what Bootstrap can do. Basically it is a framework with a large set of CSS components which take your parsed RSS data and can present the dynamic data in many ways, including the grid-like format of old ZSB. It has a bit of learning curve but once you've set up the templates it's not too difficult to maintain. Many of my pages use it (they also use pre-bootstrap solutions) - see site in sig below for examples.

Dave