coffee mugs
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:45:08 AM
Can someone give me some tips on how to put two of the same images on coffee mugs? I want the images to be on the the left and right side. I have tried using the grids when I design for the mug, but I always end up having to play with the placement of both images and keep moving them so they will line up on both the right and lift side correctly. Is there a technique I'm missing so the images will line up perfectly on front and back without my trial and error method?

Thank you.

bernice
Inspiringartimages:Sad
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:05:55 AM
Here is my workflow.
1)Open the image and resize it as needed, keeping it in the middle.
2)Copy paste, the copy is directly on top of the original.
3)From the this stack of two images in the middle, move them to the left and right in alternating steps.
Move original one step to the left. Move copy one step to the right. Repeat until both are centered on the side dotted lines.

It is important to keep alternating. This ensures that both move the exact same distance from the middle.
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:11:49 AM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
Here is my workflow.
1)Open the image and resize it as needed, keeping it in the middle.
2)Copy paste, the copy is directly on top of the original.
3)From the this stack of two images in the middle, move them to the left and right in alternating steps.
Move original one step to the left. Move copy one step to the right. Repeat until both are centered on the side dotted lines.

It is important to keep alternating. This ensures that both move the exact same distance from the middle.

I do exactly the same thing, though my variation is to send one of the images all the way to the left edge and the other all the way to the right, then moving them alternately inward.
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:33:32 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Susannah Keegan wrote:
Here is my workflow.
1)Open the image and resize it as needed, keeping it in the middle.
2)Copy paste, the copy is directly on top of the original.
3)From the this stack of two images in the middle, move them to the left and right in alternating steps.
Move original one step to the left. Move copy one step to the right. Repeat until both are centered on the side dotted lines.

It is important to keep alternating. This ensures that both move the exact same distance from the middle.

I do exactly the same thing, though my variation is to send one of the images all the way to the left edge and the other all the way to the right, then moving them alternately inward.


are we related? lol I do mine that way too
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:39:22 AM
As said above, once you've got your two copies, keep them vertically centred for now.

Move one to approx the right place on the left, same for the one on the right.

Select both and hit the "centre" button (in the middle of where you select move left, right etc).

With both selected like that the centre button treats them as one object, so both will end up the same distance from the edges.
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:02:26 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
With both selected like that the centre button treats them as one object, so both will end up the same distance from the edges.

And yet another neat trick.
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:09:36 AM
I want to thank everyone for your helpful and quick replies. I am so grateful. I will try these techniques TODAY! thanks again. Your answers and time are much appreciated.
bernice
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 2:55:18 PM
Alot of great advice. I too put one image on top of the other but sometimes I just eyeball it. I still take the time to make sure it looks as perfect as I can get it before I publish it. I always preview the center view to make sure the lines are matching up. This helps me alot. I try match up the background color as close to the image edges as possible.
Happy Designing!Smile
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded