Using Product Type Keywords in the Meta Title (Save the Date Invitations)
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:51:54 AM
After the release of Zazzle's most recent YouTube video (https://youtu.be/ogtkHeAK_Kw), I have an SEO technical question in regards to James mentioning: "Please don't use product keywords in meta data…" (apx 16:09 mark)

This makes sense when it comes to phone cases and some other products, but in regards to cards, it leaves me with a quandary.

QUESTION: Why not include product key words (such as "invitations") in the Meta Title, when Zazzle's auto populate tool does not necessarily insert the most popular searched for phrase for that type of product?

For example, if I type "save the date" into the search bar, the drop down will reveal the most popular searches using that phrase (please see screenshot below). It appears that the winning searched for phrase is "save the date invitations" when it comes to save the date types of products.

The word "invitations" does not get auto populated in your product's Title when you are posting it for sale if it happens to be a postcard. "Announcement Postcard" gets inserted instead… Wouldn't it be a stronger title to use "save the date invitations " as part of the title if people are searching for this the most?

If I have a save the date postcard that I'm selling, this would seem to make the most sense, as mainly postcards are the popular result for "save the date invitations" anyway... Am I hurting my most recent save the date postcard by including it in the title?

https://www.zazzle.com/rustic_save_the_date_invitations_sunflower_wood-256817844713610417

If someone can shed some additional light in regards to at least this specific product type, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 3:09:19 PM
Since this isn't a "technical issue", it may better serve you to put it in the zazzle store or feedback sections where people can/will respond.
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 3:52:53 PM
Thanks Fharryn... I thought of it as an seo technical question, but I guess I should try it there. Smile