Unable To Add Description To Product When Pinning To Pinterest
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 2:12:09 PM
Hi there! Smile

I seem to be having problems today adding descriptions to my newly created products when I try to pin them to Pinterest. There is no "pencil" icon visible to let me add hashtags or a description. This has not been a problem before today. Any thoughts?

Here's the product I've been trying to pin:

https://www.zazzle.com/let_your_light_shine_candle_candlelight_christian_tote_bag-149455920548211690

Thanks so much for your help with this!
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 2:34:35 PM
PholkartStudio wrote:
Hi there! Smile

I seem to be having problems today adding descriptions to my newly created products when I try to pin them to Pinterest. There is no "pencil" icon visible to let me add hashtags or a description. This has not been a problem before today. Any thoughts?

Here's the product I've been trying to pin:

https://www.zazzle.com/let_your_light_shine_candle_candlelight_christian_tote_bag-149455920548211690

Thanks so much for your help with this!

Others have complained. You can probably find the posts via search. But, for what it's worth, I clicked the link and then clicked the P underneath the product and the pop-up box had the pencil icon. Not sure if you are clicking the P or clicking Save that appears on the product, but the P is the way to go. SAVE doesn't allow for adding description.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 3:32:21 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Others have complained. You can probably find the posts via search. But, for what it's worth, I clicked the link and then clicked the P underneath the product and the pop-up box had the pencil icon. Not sure if you are clicking the P or clicking Save that appears on the product, but the P is the way to go. SAVE doesn't allow for adding description.

Thanks for looking at this Gina! Yes, I have been clicking the P under the product... and this has always worked for me before. I just went back and clicked the link again, but no pencil icon for me. Glad it worked for you though! I guess I'll give it a rest and try again tomorrow.

Many Thanks! Smile
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 4:56:31 PM
PholkartStudio wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

Thanks for looking at this Gina! Yes, I have been clicking the P under the product... and this has always worked for me before. I just went back and clicked the link again, but no pencil icon for me. Glad it worked for you though! I guess I'll give it a rest and try again tomorrow.

Many Thanks! Smile

You are welcome! You just may have a browser issue *shrugs* I use both Firefox and Chrome and it works for me. Good Luck!
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 7:40:17 PM
I am having the same issues. I have Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and it works on none of them. I have cleared history, made sure my browsers are up to date, and signed in and out of Pinterest several times to try to reset something. Nothing seems to be working.
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2019 11:07:55 AM
Yes, this is a real P.I.A. Several days ago it was working just fine. Now we are left with taking a screen grab and posting them manually.

Z any word on this? We are doing our best to promote before the holidays and would love to know if this is on the tech team radar.

Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)
OP Mojava 10.14.6
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:58:46 PM
I just checked back today and still no pencil icon. I'm using Firefox.

Sorry you're also having issues natureinfocus and Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve. Hope we can get this problem resolved quickly!... Pinterest is my main way of promoting.
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 8:38:43 AM
Hi again. Still not able to pin my product from the product page. Sad I would really like to add this product and more to my Pinterest account.

Would someone from Zazzle please check this out for me?... I'd appreciate it!

Here's the link to my product:

Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 9:24:50 AM
PholkartStudio wrote:
Hi again. Still not able to pin my product from the product page. Sad I would really like to add this product and more to my Pinterest account.

Would someone from Zazzle please check this out for me?... I'd appreciate it!

Here's the link to my product:

Correcting this...

I AM able to pin my product, but I'm still not able to see a pencil icon in order to add a description and hashtags before pinning the product to Pinterest. Here's my link again:

Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 10:13:45 AM
I can go to your link, click the share P button and I get a pencil to add a description...

Do you maybe have a pop up blocker or similar program running that might be getting in the way of proper functionality?
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 10:39:56 AM
I do not have any pop up blockers on this search engine I'm using.

BTW, for PholkartStudio... this is a long holiday weekend in the USA. You may find no answers until tomorrow. As for the Irish employees, I can't speak for them.
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 10:42:12 AM
Perhaps anti-virus, malware or ad blocking programs might affect that pop up page too?? I read that awhile back in one of the posts. I've had this issue for a day or two from time to time but it always resolved itself...
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 11:12:26 AM
JB Designs wrote:
I can go to your link, click the share P button and I get a pencil to add a description...
Do you maybe have a pop up blocker or similar program running that might be getting in the way of proper functionality?

Go figure!... I have no idea why this isn't working for me JB Designs. No pop up blockers, etc. that I'm aware of. I've been able to add descriptions easily up until the other day, so I don't know what's changed.

You're right, Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve... Today's Veteran's Day, so I'm sure Zazzle is taking the day off (as they should!). Maybe I'll hear back on it tomorrow.