Trouble with promoting PG-13 and R products on FB/Pinterest
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:56:10 PM
Just recently I've started getting an error when I try to promote PG-13 or R rated products. (All working fine on G ones).

For Facebook, if I use the FB promote button on the product page I get an error message. If I try making a post on FB and add a link to the product page the preview for the product does not load, and I get an error message there too.

On Pinterest, it seems to work if I use the Pinterest button on the product page, but if I use Pinterest's add a pin from "Save from site" feature I get a "404 response code error.

I get the error whether I copy/paste the URL from the product page or use the Zazzle "link to this" tool.

It's a bummer! PG-13 and R stuff rarely get found in the marketplace so promoting them yourself is more important than on G stuff.

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:06:30 PM
I wonder if the sm sites have employed some kind of filters?
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:15:14 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I was wondering that too. Just did a test on Twitter and getting the same there, so I'm guessing it's something on Zazzle's side.
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:17:39 PM
*Card wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I was wondering that too. Just did a test on Twitter and getting the same there, so I'm guessing it's something on Zazzle's side.

Probably right since all of them are acting up at once...

good luck!
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 7:55:21 AM
Can I get an answer on whether this will be looked into or ???
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 8:45:27 AM
All of our products show links with images except our Marijuana products.

We were assuming a new filter on Facebook, since they are cracking down on all of the Cannabis pages.

But those are the only "Rated PG+" items we promote, so that's where we noticed it.
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:42:57 AM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
All of our products show links with images except our Marijuana products.

We were assuming a new filter on Facebook, since they are cracking down on all of the Cannabis pages.

But those are the only "Rated PG+" items we promote, so that's where we noticed it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's on Zazzle's end since I'm seeing problems on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. I certainly hope it's a glitch that can be remedied and not caused by a policy shift at Zazzle that makes it difficult to promote non-G rated products. I chose Zazzle in the very first place because you could have non-G rated stuff, but I rarely make them anymore since they get almost zero views in the marketplace and you have the rely on marketing them yourself. If that's taken away too, then what's the point?

Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 7:23:30 AM
My pins seem okay but my tweets are not showing an image just an link. Darn! I just opened this store in hopes of making some money since IL passed the bill that makes it legal for recreational use. Might have to give up on this store if I can't promote my products since the only way they will be viewed is with promotion. I had some artistic nudes in another store and after 10 years of no views since Zazzle didn't promote them I deleted them and only have those on Redbubble. Might have to do that with my cannabis line of art as well.
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 7:38:28 AM
CannabisArts wrote:
My pins seem okay but my tweets are not showing an image just an link. Darn! I just opened this store in hopes of making some money since IL passed the bill that makes it legal for recreational use. Might have to give up on this store if I can't promote my products since the only way they will be viewed is with promotion. I had some artistic nudes in another store and after 10 years of no views since Zazzle didn't promote them I deleted them and only have those on Redbubble. Might have to do that with my cannabis line of art as well.

Years ago, the content filter was way more obvious on Zazzles pages so people could switch and see the PG/R stuff. It's changed over the years to be less and less noticeable. Now it's hidden as a tiny link at the bottom that no one would find unless they knew it was there. So promoting your products with direct links to them yourself is really the only way to get eyes on them.

For pins, I've noticed that if you use Zazzle's pinterest link right on the product page it seems to work OK, but if you create a pin on Pinterest using a link it can't load the image and instead gives an error code.
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:19:13 AM
Hey! Sorry this was missed. Let me check this out for you Happy
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:46:11 AM
James wrote:
Hey! Sorry this was missed. Let me check this out for you Happy

Awesome. Thanks!
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:20:37 AM
No problem! Thanks for your patience with this. We can confirm that this is expected behavior. Unfortunately you simply cannot view non-g-rated products outside of Zazzle!
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 1:22:56 PM
Phooey.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 1:43:38 PM
Maybe I missed it, but have you tried using the create a pin tool at pinterest. Upload your own image of the product and then add the zazzle url...
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:35:54 AM
Josh B wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but have you tried using the create a pin tool at pinterest. Upload your own image of the product and then add the zazzle url...

Perhaps we need a tips and tricks threads for ways to promote PG/R stuff since it's now harder.