Transparent Background
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2019 11:45:08 PM
Dear Zazzle Support,

I have seem a few threads regarding white background not being changed to transparent - not sure if this is an issue to all products or just a few.

I have a pretty old product for example, with a fair bit of sales (and is an expensive thing) that the background is now white rather than transparent:

Note that I have the same image applied to the leather product and is working just fine:

Can you check?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Kind Regards,
Rachel Elich
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2019 3:23:58 AM
I have experienced something similar. After putting a color to the background of the new favor tag, there was no way to make the background transparent again - except to start from scratch. The design tool simply didn't accept the hex number #00ffffff. As far as I know, the problem started yesterday.

This is the design where I first met the problem (I wanted to save as much of the craft paper look as I could, that is to make it transparent)

At the same time there was also another thing going on. A larger color palette appeared and disappeared while I was working. I don't know if that has anything to do with the transparency problem.
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2019 8:17:11 AM
I noticed it here too ..
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2019 1:56:28 PM
Yea I been noticing it not working either and t can get pretty frustrating.
Here is an example as well to show how it isn't working.
https://imgur.com/a/O99pw36 (I have no idea how [img]works. Sad )
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 5:34:52 AM
Rachel Elich wrote:
Dear Zazzle Support,

I have seem a few threads regarding white background not being changed to transparent - not sure if this is an issue to all products or just a few.

I have a pretty old product for example, with a fair bit of sales (and is an expensive thing) that the background is now white rather than transparent:

Note that I have the same image applied to the leather product and is working just fine:

Can you check?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Kind Regards,
Rachel Elich

This is intentional for all Zazzle Heart products. It is a laser etching process that placed the customization on this product, so it can't print colour.
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 5:37:27 AM
carulcards wrote:
I have experienced something similar. After putting a color to the background of the new favor tag, there was no way to make the background transparent again - except to start from scratch. The design tool simply didn't accept the hex number #00ffffff. As far as I know, the problem started yesterday.

This is the design where I first met the problem (I wanted to save as much of the craft paper look as I could, that is to make it transparent)

At the same time there was also another thing going on. A larger color palette appeared and disappeared while I was working. I don't know if that has anything to do with the transparency problem.

I can see that the transparent tile isn't appearing, but we don't print white on this product, so selecting it essentially is the transparent option. I'll pass this on though to see if it can be changed. ie, a trans tile.
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 7:47:45 AM
James, are these Zazzle Heart products supposed to have a giant white background like this? It's not how the design looked when originally created/published. This is a recent change in the product preview and looks odd. Is this really how it will print?

Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 7:53:18 AM
James wrote:

I can see that the transparent tile isn't appearing, but we don't print white on this product, so selecting it essentially is the transparent option. I'll pass this on though to see if it can be changed. ie, a trans tile.

The transparent background tile isn't showing up in the design tool for any products, not just the kraft tags. I tried to transfer a phone case design to the new clear glitter cases and wasn't able to choose transparent background to let the glitter show through.

I guess the workaround is just starting from scratch and not choosing any background color, but still seems to be a technical issue that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for looking into it!
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 9:57:21 AM
I have reported the missing tile or transparent selection, and will find out more about the Z heart products. Thanks! Roses
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 8:38:30 PM
Thanks for reporting! I'll keep an eye on this. I was working on some favor boxes and I keep having to start over for certain section that I don't want color, because the total background already has a color and if I test out a color and it messes up the design I'm going for, I have to create and an entirely new one since I get put the background back to transparent. This didn't used to be an issue (a problem with invites and stickers etc too)

Hopefully a fix is on the way shortly!
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2019 11:04:55 PM
I saw that today.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:04:53 AM
I noticed this issue on my Zazzle Heart Canvas Utility Tote back in late February. All of a sudden my tote was showing with a great big white background but that's not how it was designed. Since I had pinned the product to my Pinterest account when I created it I had a copy of the image the way it showed. I emailed Z with that image as well as an image of how it was displaying when I reported the issue. I had used a .jpg file and chose the 'Show Whites As Transparent' option and Zazzle replied that this option isn't available for Zazzle Heart products (which it clearly is in the design tool). But, just to check, I modified the image to be a .png with the background removed and tried using that instead but I still got the big white background. I emailed this info to Zazzle and didn't hear back from them for more than 2 weeks until I sent another email this morning. Their response:

"We sincerely apologize for the delay to your response.
We are currently in the process of investigating your inquiry, however, the process is, unfortunately, taking slightly longer than anticipated."

I haven't noticed the issue on any of my other designs, only the Canvas Utility Tote but I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on other products.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:29:56 PM
Love Love Love THANK YOU Zazzle!! Love Love Love
for bringing back the transparent fill (even after we have chosen a BG color)
Grin
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:15:34 PM
yeah, that happened to a canvas journal design of mine. Since I had a good one in leather exactly the same, I deleted the canvas option. Sometimes dealing with this sort thing is just too much to figure out.
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:47:34 AM
This is partially fixed already, and should be fully fixed in the next few days. No action is needed from your guys' end.