Stores not "updating" in 2 weeks?
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:09:22 AM
I thought about putting this thread in the "new products not appearing" thread, but that's not quite the problem/question:

Stores are taking weeks to update/refresh products that have been deleted or hidden (as well as recently published). I first noticed this in a post by another store designer when I noticed she said she had deleted it and the post was dated 2 weeks prior. According to her it had no views, so (to me) shouldn't be "reserved".

This got me looking at my store. While I also have items made well over a week ago not appearing in my store view or the MP, my issue is with backend. Usually our backends update immediately. Sometimes there's an issue and it takes a while to update...like yo to an hour...no big deal. But I've got placeholders for items I deleted 3 days ago in backend. These usually "clear up" within an hour or so at most.

Is this a known issue? And/Or is this related to the soon-to-occur re-indexing? Should I start documenting or wait it out?
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:50:14 AM
I too have this issue. I understand the Zazzle team is well aware and is hard working on the website.
As a new seller I am motivated and have been working hard to make my store as professional looking as possible,
to do research on the community and help the company of Zazzle grow in profits and popularity.
I'm grateful that my store has been recently indexed.
This morning I saw that my views of my recent items and my store categories are missing from my store front.
I do not feel comfortable at this time promoting my store because I am embarrassed by the current looks of it.
If possible, I would appreciate the opportunity for my store to be indexed once again and my store items searchable.
Thank you.
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 12:24:45 PM
Fharrynland wrote:
Stores are taking weeks to update/refresh products that have been deleted or hidden (as well as recently published) ...
While I also have items made well over a week ago not appearing in my store view or the MP, my issue is with backend. Usually our backends update immediately. Sometimes there's an issue and it takes a while to update...like yo to an hour...no big deal. But I've got placeholders for items I deleted 3 days ago in backend. These usually "clear up" within an hour or so at most.

The delay in things updating/appearing to the public and now in the backend as well is discouraging. When you are all gung-ho to work on your store and then have to sit and twiddle your thumbs for hours or days to see the fruits of your labor it's maddening.
I have yet to "unveil" my store to even just family & friends nevermind on FB or elsewhere because every time I add a new product or category or add something to a category or collection etc. I have to wait and wait and wait to see that it actually "took". I don't want to roll-out my store until I know others can see what I see (and sometimes even I can't see it).
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 5:37:17 PM
To me it's not so much what others can see. I'm VERY patient and have never b!tched about that part... Like I said, my problem is what ·I· can see.

At this point I have no idea what I'm deleting or keeping...
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 5:23:52 AM
Again, we are sorry for the delays folks, our team are looking into the issues mentioned here.
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 8:41:00 AM
I think it is time for management at Zazzle to take a hard look at whatever technology they are using on the backend. And get rid of it.

As a computer programmer I have never seen a tool that literally can takes weeks to refresh. Well technically I have, but there is no excuse for these "delays" in today's day and age.

Zazzle, it is time to take a serious look at starting all over on the backend. Because you have officially reached the point of being broken.
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:06:24 AM
Eulas Bradford wrote:
I think it is time for management at Zazzle to take a hard look at whatever technology they are using on the backend. And get rid of it.

As a computer programmer I have never seen a tool that literally can takes weeks to refresh. Well technically I have, but there is no excuse for these "delays" in today's day and age.

Zazzle, it is time to take a serious look at starting all over on the backend. Because you have officially reached the point of being broken.

AMEN to that! I work at Shutterstock and we are having the same problem, major backend problems... why can't these companies hire talent that can handle the large database? I just don't understand that.
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:20:31 AM
suwanneeredhead wrote:

AMEN to that! I work at Shutterstock and we are having the same problem, major backend problems... why can't these companies hire talent that can handle the large database? I just don't understand that.

I think that was pretty rude as we know our tech team works their butts off for us. Bugs happen, its a part of how coding works. I think you owe Z's tech team an apology.

I, for one, appreciate the work it goes into the reconstruction the tech team is working on. You guys rock!

Roses
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:40:17 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
suwanneeredhead wrote:

I think that was pretty rude as we know our tech team works their butts off for us. Bugs happen, its a part of how coding works. I think you owe Z's tech team an apology.

I, for one, appreciate the work it goes into the reconstruction the tech team is working on. You guys rock!

Roses

I call them as I see them. I am autistic so I have trouble understanding sugar-coating and PC-ness. I never said I don't appreciate the hard work, I most certainly do, however I see a major issue industry-wide with these image databases not working at all, and it stumps me because the whole point of this exercise is to have our commerce conduits WORK CORRECTLY. If "major reconstruction" is required, it should be finished, done, bugs worked out, before introduction into the public arena. I apologize to anyone who misunderstands my point due to my lack of communication skills, but I meant what I said.
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 10:51:17 AM
Our tech team are working diligently on the issues and as stated on other threads, we will update everyone when we have more info. Locking this now as it has started to not go inline with our forum rules. We need the technical issues forum to be specific to bug reports only.