Resizing text box on pens
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 8:35:59 AM
I am trying the expand the text box template size on a pen but it's enlarging the font size, not the text box itself.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:05:23 AM
The same for invitations, I can't design any more invitations until this problem is fixed. I hope it's sorted by the weekend!Crying
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:21:00 AM
The same for postcards, can't adjust the text box.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:21:55 AM
I'm having the same problem! Please fix it before the weekend!
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 11:41:46 AM
This is a function of the way text boxes work now (they changed them a few months back.) If you grab the box by the corner to re-size it, it will re-size not just the box, but the text as well. If you want to re-size just the box, you need to grab it from the side, NOT the corner. Not exactly intuitive, but there it is! You can also resize the box and then go change the font size using the font size numbers on the right hand panel.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 12:07:30 PM
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:
This is a function of the way text boxes work now (they changed them a few months back.) If you grab the box by the corner to re-size it, it will re-size not just the box, but the text as well. If you want to re-size just the box, you need to grab it from the side, NOT the corner. Not exactly intuitive, but there it is! You can also resize the box and then go change the font size using the font size numbers on the right hand panel.

This is different as I'm grabbing the correct anchor point to resize the box, not the text. I've tried it on other products and I'm getting the same problem.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 12:18:25 PM
wuyfavors wrote:

This is different as I'm grabbing the correct anchor point to resize the box, not the text. I've tried it on other products and I'm getting the same problem.

Ooooooh! You're right. Hmmm.... Well, at least you can still change the font size by entering a number. I wonder if this is a bug or if they're changing the way text boxes work again.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 12:55:46 PM
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:
wuyfavors wrote:

Ooooooh! You're right. Hmmm.... Well, at least you can still change the font size by entering a number. I wonder if this is a bug or if they're changing the way text boxes work again.

Even if I change the font size, I couldn't get my text to all be on the same line, even though I had it keyed that way.
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 2:29:15 PM
Okay, so it's not just me. Usually I can adjust the box so that when the customer add their info the design doesn't move. Now it's just resizing the text. I hope this is fixed soon because I can't accomplish anything this way. It worked yesterday.
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:06:24 AM
Yes, hope you can fix this soon please Zazzle as it’s making working with text very tricky and will cause problems for customers when they personalise text too. Thanks very much Smile
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:51:14 AM
Just tested and can confirm the issue. You can still work and text templates work correctly, too, though (fortunately):

1. resize the text box width to your needs first, then
2. manually re-adjust the font size by typing

The text box width stays as defined and the text gets wrapped correctly. Text templates also work correctly when editing the text within the personalize form: neither box width nor font size change.
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:28:16 AM
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:
wuyfavors wrote:

Zinger, thanks for letting us know we can change the font size without changing the size of the box. I was having the same issue today as everyone else and came here to see what was up with that. As you are, I'm wondering if they are changing the way text boxes work again.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:37:14 AM
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:

I had been dragging the sides in the past to increase the size of the text box (not the font)...but it is not working properly as it now increases the size of the text as well. I have stopped working because I can't any more.. due to the text box issue.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:38:40 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Just tested and can confirm the issue. You can still work and text templates work correctly, too, though (fortunately):

The text box width stays as defined and the text gets wrapped correctly. Text templates also work correctly when editing the text within the personalize form: neither box width nor font size change.

I will test this right now. The above steps were no longer working.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 11:01:49 AM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

I will test this right now. The above steps were no longer working.

I know. It must be a bug. The text box functionality is still given, though, the text gets just resized, what shouldn't happen. What you have to do is to manually type in the font size when you have the box at the desired width. It's a bit annoying, but at least you can still work until it gets fixed.
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:46:23 PM
Indeed, it's the way the text boxes used to be before they changed them to be able to resize differently via the side anchors. Why do these things always happen on the weekend?
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 3:02:45 PM
I am not able to resize text either. Instead of making a longer area it just enlarges the text. I'm working on invitations and guest books. What a pain...Sad
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 3:30:15 AM
I hope it is fixed soon, I cannot design buttons and magnets with the text enlarging.
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 10:17:42 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Thank you so much for letting us know how to go around it! I hope it gets fixed soon but in the meantime, this is an amazing help.Love
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 10:34:10 AM
Hi all, I am passing this along to our team now. Thank you Smile
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:44:16 PM
SunFreeStar wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Thank you so much for letting us know how to go around it! I hope it gets fixed soon but in the meantime, this is an amazing help.Love

I have been creating new text lines and they are full width ...which is great.
I notice that once I have placed in the text....it seems ok. (still testing).

I did notice just now that if you change the font of the text you wrote in....and the text with the new front wraps around it then reverts to it's bad behavior. As I pull the sides to bring it back to a 1 line field...the text grows again in size.
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:30:28 AM

I did notice just now that if you change the font of the text you wrote in....and the text with the new front wraps around it then reverts to it's bad behavior. As I pull the sides to bring it back to a 1 line field...the text grows again in size.

Just do what I wrote and it will work until the issue gets fixed. Resizing the text box width causes the wrong behavior of changing the font size, so what you have to do is: first, enter a small dummy text, choose your font and font size you like to have, then set the width of the text box to your needs without caring about the changing font size and only then, when you have the box at the width you want, edit the correct text and type in the font size you originally wanted. After that is done, don't resize the text box again or you need to re-adjust the text size again.
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:35:39 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

Just do what I wrote and it will work until the issue gets fixed. Resizing the text box width causes the wrong behavior of changing the font size, so what you have to do is: first, enter a small dummy text, choose your font and font size you like to have, then set the width of the text box to your needs without caring about the changing font size and only then, when you have the box at the width you want, edit the correct text and type in the font size you originally wanted. After that is done, don't resize the text box again or you need to re-adjust the text size again.

Thank you. I think I did much of what you said...but changing the font will not work for now. I will definitely re-read your directions to be sure I didn't miss anything. It sounds like choose the font and size and then stick with it until this gets sorted out.
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:13:42 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

I'm a bit dense.
Would you explain a bit more what you do when you say say:
"manually re-adjust the font size by typing"
Thanks, Kati
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 12:06:17 PM

Hope that helps
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 9:04:03 AM
Seems it's been fixed?
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 9:25:33 AM
wuyfavors wrote:
Seems it's been fixed?

Thanks for the hint. Seems to work well again, nice.
Thanks for the fix!
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 4:33:37 PM
Yes, this should have been fixed last Thursday.
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:38:41 AM
Yeah! Thank you for the fix! Roses Love