Profile Name Changed
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:44:21 PM
Ok.. for some reason my profile name has changed ... I didn't change it.. it changed to a nickname I use.. anyone else?
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 7:38:43 AM
Do you mean your profile name when posting on the forums?
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 7:41:31 AM
You're likely to have more than one name: Your account name and then your store name. If you have more than one store name, each will be different. When you post on the forum, your name will be whatever you choose at the top left in the box following "Logged in as." I always log in under my account name rather than choosing a store name.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:40:46 AM
no my actual profile/member/account name.... (not shops name) I changed it back yesterday and its back to my nickname today .. I'm not even sure how it was able to even get my nickname.. where is it pulling my nickname from?
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:49:58 AM
Amaze_Balls wrote:
no my actual profile/member/account name.... (not shops name) I changed it back yesterday and its back to my nickname today .. I'm not even sure how it was able to even get my nickname.. where is it pulling my nickname from?

weird, and there is some kind of strange thing going on with your account because your forum post counter isn't updating either...

your first post says 4 and so does this last post... it should say 5

nevermind... I just looked at my own posts today and they all have the same number too, so it is a different issue... and really not all that important anyway.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:57:36 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Amaze_Balls wrote:

weird, and there is some kind of strange thing going on with your account because your forum post counter isn't updating either...

your first post says 4 and so does this last post... it should say 5

nevermind... I just looked at my own posts today and they all have the same number too, so it is a different issue... and really not all that important anyway.

when I look at the dropdown here in the forum the member account says my name.. when I am logged it it is my nickname .. and while I guess this is fine.. I'd like to know where it even grabbed my nickname from.. it is an unusual nickname.. so .... its weird - I mean I could leave my nickname there.. but on some of my stores it may look a bit odd Smile if someone were to look via collections and such.. (more collections by.....)

ADDED: Alright now.. I just went to look see how it looks when it says see more collections by... and it has my real name .. when I am uploading images to my image files.. under my profile pic is has my nickname.. this is spooky

I guess I'd like to keep it my nickname which by the way uses no caps.. and it is written with no caps.. which is fine.. BUT Id like to know where they pulled it from still..
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:16:01 AM
and now the forum post count is updating so as to make me sound crazy... lol

as far as your nickname goes, you must have given at some point somewhere for them to even know what it is... unless they are psychic.

That is spooky!
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:44:48 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
and now the forum post count is updating so as to make me sound crazy... lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

as far as your nickname goes, you must have given at some point somewhere for them to even know what it is... unless they are psychic.

That is spooky!

yeah you're prob right.. I may have years ago.. been here going on 13 yrs.. so I very well may have .. just weird that it changed.. wonder what its trying to tell me? LOL
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2019 9:33:07 AM
Nobody changed your name. The only thing that is happening is that you've opened so many different stores over the years that you've forgotten what they all are. In this case, you're posting under a store name that you've forgotten that you even have.

Ultimately, I don't really mind what name anyone here posts under, but I wanted to pop my head in here and say that there's nothing nefarious going on.

Not a bug, so I'm going to lock this thread meow.