Products not showing under public products page nor in categories. 10.8.18 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 2:52:50 PM
Published 10.7.18 this invitation, label and sticker are not found in my public store. Not found under Products>Newest nor in any of the categories they belong in. They were three of 9 products created in a row.

Product ID: 256457042949409273

Product ID: 106642096173185813

Product ID: 217768741215609948
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 1:08:50 PM
It needs to be indexed before it appears publicly. I believe we quite 'around 24 hours' or so, and it may take a bit longer due to the increase in products being published due to holidays. If this isn't cleared up by tomorrow please post on this thread again and we'll review it.
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:01:51 AM
Hi Scott. Index happened last night and those three missing products are still M.I.A.

Here are four out of nine more products created yesterday before the index that are also missing. They have the same footprint as the first post, not in categories and yes in the MP.

Product ID: 256266960858512652

Product ID: 256044940179791632

Product ID: 256568415187076622

Product ID: 256427040848159696

Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:31:40 PM
Hello.
I have the same problem. 50% of my new products from last 8 days isn't visible in my store.
Is any chance to fix it?
Best regards
Alex
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 11:37:20 AM
I am missing 4 products that were created 10/7 and 10/9.

All are found in MP (not logged in) by searching for ID#

One is found by searching in MP, but does not show in my store. (id# 256053410385986527)

The other 3 are

The last was entered 10/9, the others on 10/7,

Other items posted 10/7 and those posted 10/10 are showing in store.
All are showing in backend.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 7:23:10 PM
I miss 5 products since 10/7/18 and all since 10/8.
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:57:52 AM
Is this being looked at? I can provide more PID's if you need them.
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:02:24 PM
this worked for me - edit the missing products (change tags) and save. it will re-index and missing products should appear within hours!

- marcia s.
SocolikCardShop
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:28:13 PM
Hi marcia, I did as you advised for a mug I made yesterday which didn't show publicly on my public products page nor in the MP today. And yes it worked. The mug shows in both places now however... now the last three products made this morning which did show are missing.

I'm going to wait until after Thursday's reindexing of our stores to see if things come back to normal.
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:55:15 PM
Yeah, this is on our radar. Sorry for not responding earlier. No products will be lost so feel free to continue creating new products if you'd like.
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 6:01:14 AM
Thanks Scott for chiming in.

On an interesting note, I used the "edit" method on a mug and it did come back. Tried to pin said mug to Pinterest and no image was found. Strange.....
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 3:43:48 AM
Everything has come back this morning. Thank you. Roses
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 11:11:45 AM
Glad to hear it, LM Gildersleeve! Apologies again for the delay. Let us know if this comes up again
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 4:08:16 PM
We have over 700 products showing in the "backend" of our shop - but only 65 are showing in the front end.

I reported this problem over a month ago to customer service (with 4 follow-ups) and the problem still has not been resolved. Incident Reference # CAS-4000145-K6W7P1

Any idea as to when this problem will be resolved?
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:07:23 PM
Only 65 products are showing because the rest are marked as either 'hidden' or 'direct only'.
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:40:46 PM
None of the products are marked "hidden" - all of the products (including the ones showing) are marked sell direct because we don't want them to show up in the marketplace - we plan to sell them directly from our website if this problem is ever resolved. And all of the products were all showing up prior to your recent update.
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:35:44 PM
You have 43 products that are set to "hidden"
https://www.zazzle.com/wrealestatestore/products?vt=Hidden&pg=1

At the top of the product grid is a "Product Visibility" option. If you click on this you'll see a menu drop down. On the right side of the page click on All, Public, Hidden, Direct-Only, or Discontinued to view each of those groups. If there are products that are not properly set then you can Select All and change the visibility.

I should note, however, that only "Public" products will appear on your store page. Anything that's marked as "Direct Only" will not be visible in your Zazzle store. "Direct only" products are only visible if you have the URL for that product.
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:03:40 AM
Yes, Scott, I know about the 43 products that are "hidden" - that does not explain why only 65 products (all set to direct only) are showing up under the products tab and the other 600+ are not - plus all of the "missing products" do show up in my collections (originally, when I first contacted customer service, they were showing up randomly too). I have been a Zazzlle user since 2008 I do know how the site is supposed to work.

Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:29:49 AM
I have a question W Real Estate, are the missing public store products (set to direct only) in categories that are hidden?

Why I ask is I have direct only products that are in a hidden category but are in collections. This way they are not found in my public store.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:17:13 AM
I have a select group of products that are hidden - but the rest are not, and all products are set to direct only because I don't want them to appear in the Zazzle Marketplace - all products were showing up under the products tab and in the collections prior to the last update where they changed the way you sort products in the collections. After that many of our products were missing from both the collections and the products tab. the good news is, the products inside a collection do show up but still only 65 of our products are showing up under the product tab.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 11:12:52 AM
W Real Estate Marketing wrote:
the good news is, the products inside a collection do show up but still only 65 of our products are showing up under the product tab.

This is exactly how my "direct only" products behave as well. They are found in the public collections but not in the public store (neither products tab or in categories).

Best of luck to you
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 12:13:08 PM
Can you give us 3-5 product links you say are missing and under what collection? We are still seeing those as Direct Only or Hidden, so there might be something we are missing here with your explanation as everything is appearing as intended on our end.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:27:14 AM
Back to the original intent of this thread, the newest products have stopped showing in public view.

Examples

Product ID: 256217432422067411

Product ID: 189415921459389659
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:34:34 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
the good news is, the products inside a collection do show up but still only 65 of our products are showing up under the product tab.

This is exactly how my "direct only" products behave as well. They are found in the public collections but not in the public store (neither products tab or in categories).

I don't think Direct Only works that way in Collections. DO Products may look like they're appearing in Collections when you're logged in, but if you log out and look at those Collections, the DO Products shouldn't appear.

Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:58:57 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

I don't think Direct Only works that way in Collections. DO Products may look like they're appearing in Collections when you're logged in, but if you log out and look at those Collections, the DO Products shouldn't appear.

Thank you RoyK. Smile

Christine, please pull this discussion out of this thread. It is not the original bug that is currently happening on which I started this thread.

Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:23:14 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

Thank you RoyK. Smile

Christine, please pull this discussion out of this thread. It is not the original bug that is currently happening on which I started this thread.

I knew that, but I felt it was important to make that point, so anyone thinking they could put DO in Collections and share with a customer knows that wouldn't work.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:08:39 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

Thank you RoyK. Smile

I knew that, but I felt it was important to make that point, so anyone thinking they could put DO in Collections and share with a customer knows that wouldn't work.

Oh no worries, I didn't mean to imply I didn't want you to add that correction. I just think that every separate discussion/bug deserves its' own thread. I wouldn't want the conversation to be muddled.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:51:55 AM
Quote:
No. That's not how these forums are going to work. Forum members do NOT have the freedom to do whatever they want, and then ask the mods to clean up after you. That's crazy.

There are rules for the forum, especially the Tech forum, and they've been put into writing for actual, legitimate reasons.

Also, this forum software does not provide us with the ability to split posts out into their own discussion. That's why I'm constantly having to babysit all these conversations. You may think something is important, but really it just becomes a headache for me and the rest of the people that really only care about the original issue that was mentioned in this thread.

I don't know where things went off-topic (off-topic meaning it's not the topic of the original post), but at the end of today I'll be reviewing this thread again and deleting anything that isn't on the topic of the original post. So if you want any of the off-topic stuff saved you might want to split it into its own conversation and put it in the appropriate forum.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:52:36 AM
Also, that goes for everyone. Don't mean to single anyone out.
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:14:07 PM
Scott wrote:
Also, that goes for everyone. Don't mean to single anyone out.

I didn't mean to tick you off. My request was because I know how you hate to have more than one subject in a thread. Because I am an admin on several forums myself and have the ability to split threads, I assumed you did too. Guess I was wrong.

No hard feelings, carry on, delete away, thanks for your hard work.