Pinterest share issue
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:55:55 AM
When I try to share a product on Pinterest, I just get a black color browser page. And that's all.
I use the red button in the menu line "Share this:" under the product.
Windows 10, all the latest updates installed.
Google Chrome browser of the latest version.

What's this?
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:18:15 AM
After reading your post, I went to one of my most recent products to try and pin it on Pinterest. I experienced the same issue that you described. When I click on the Pinterest icon under the product photo, I get a black screen rather than the normal pinterest screen. The other social media buttons work just fine (twitter, FB, etc). It's just the Pinterest button that has a problem.

Here is a link to the product I attempted to pin, but could not complete the process.
https://www.zazzle.com/pink_watercolor_floral_thank_you_postage-172366886563747370

I am on Windows 10 and Google Chrome. I cleared my cache and still got the same result.

I also tried the Microsoft Edge browser and got the same result: a black screen when attempting to pin a product.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:00:59 AM
I'm getting the same Black Screen since last night, and again this morning when trying to share pins to Pinterest from Zazzle. I tried from different browsers via my PC (windows 10), and I'm also now getting the Black Screen even from my smartphone. Must be a new bug. Please help fix it soon, so we can share items to Pinterest again. Thanks!
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:10:47 AM
TamiraZDesigns wrote:
I'm getting the same Black Screen since last night, and again this morning when trying to share pins to Pinterest from Zazzle. I tried from different browsers via my PC (windows 10), and I'm also now getting the Black Screen even from my smartphone. Must be a new bug. Please help fix it soon, so we can share items to Pinterest again. Thanks!

Single item pins do still work if you use the link to this button and do it manually but this will not be effective for collections
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:36:26 AM

FYI - I'm getting the black blank screen when I pin from other sites so I don't think it's a Zazzle only problem.

Something must be going on with Pinterest in general.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:57:19 AM
Hi, thanks Harmony I just tried clicking the link button from full site from my phone and it worked like you said. But I prefer to click the share button from my PC and smartphone (and like mobile view) and was trying to share individual items to Pinterest via share button from Zazzle the whole time like I always do, and also had tried sharing my collections to see if I got the same black screen, which I did. I just tried again clicking the share button from my smartphone while logged in from public view from mobile site, and from my storefront backend, and from clicking view full store site via my smartphone but still get the black screen. Thanks.

NOTE: Even though I could still use the link button to share individual Zazzle items to Pinterest (as stated above), my associates code wasn't included in the link when I did it this way via my smartphone.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:44:26 AM
I believe this is an issue with the service called AddThis which Zazzle uses. I use it as well in my Nifty Promo Control Panel and since part-way through yesterday I've been experiencing the same thing.
As this route bypasses Zazzle entirely, I don't think it is down to them.

I've emailed Matt at AddThis support with an outline of the issue. They're usually quite quick to repsond, so I expect to hear back after the weekend.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:52:44 AM
Same black window here. I can use add this for other sites but not for Pinterest. I have a pin button but I have been assuming using the button at the bottom of a product puts our referral link into it.

Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:52:52 AM
If it means anything, last night I used my own image and the link information provided using the Share this url.

Today I saw the box with the little "?" in the middle. I've just edited the pin with using the URL on the product page plus adding my ref #. I cleared cache to wipe the slate clean and now the image is visible.

I think Mark is correct it has something to do with the AddThis links.

ETA: I'm getting the same results from pinning from my blogger blogs which use AddThis buttons. So no, this is not a Zazzle issue.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 1:58:22 PM
Ribin at AddThis support has been in touch asking for more details, which I've supplied.
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 3:33:14 PM
HightonRidley wrote:
Ribin at AddThis support has been in touch asking for more details, which I've supplied.

Thanks Mark. Roses
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 3:44:52 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Thanks Mark. Roses

No worries
I even gave them a link to this topic Smile
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:07:09 AM
HightonRidley wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
HightonRidley wrote:

Thanks Mark. Roses

No worries
I even gave them a link to this topic Smile

Thank you!
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:17:03 AM
hopefully this gets fixed without having to wait for a weekday but it seems unlikely
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:09:41 AM
It seems to be fixed now.
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:48:23 AM
Yes, just worked for me.
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:54:54 AM
Good to hear it's working for you again folks.