Pinterest Description 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 12:34:04 PM
Anyone having a problem posting to Pinterest through the share button on the back of the store? When I hit the Pinterest button it brings up my photo, my choice of boards but no rectangle to add to description or hashtags. I can actually post to Pinterest but going in to edit the pin brings up a choice to add notes which I don't believe to be the same thing. Don't know it this is a Pinterest change, Zazzle change, or a glitch. This is what I see with my board options cut out of the image on the right side.

Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 1:05:41 PM
Sorry, no issue here. It is working as intended, with the Pencil icon and description box.
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:11:11 AM
Hi guys, Same here. , when share post through Pinterest the two options you have before posting the product are 1-select the board or create a new one. 2- change the product name.

Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:56:10 AM
It will allow me to post though there is no pencil or option under the photo to add hashtags, change product name, etc... Works on none of my browsers, Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:44:07 AM
natureinfocus wrote:
It will allow me to post though there is no pencil or option under the photo to add hashtags, change product name, etc...

I have been having this same problem when trying to pin my newest products to Pinterest. The problem started on 11/8 and still hasn't been resolved. I can pin my products, but I'm not able to add hashtags or descriptions without the missing pencil icon.

Edit: I'm using Firefox and have never had an issue before. I even logged out of Pinterest and back in today, but no change.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:06:19 AM
James wrote:
Hi guys, Same here. , when share post through Pinterest the two options you have before posting the product are 1-select the board or create a new one. 2- change the product name.


Sorry James... I'm still confused. Stick out tongue Is this a change that Zazzle has made that affects our ability to use the pencil icon we formerly were able to use, or has Pinterest made this change?

BTW, I have figured out how to post what I want to post on my pins, but it's a multi-step process now instead of a one-step, easy process.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:23:41 AM
Why are some people having this issue and not others. I wonder how wide spread this is and folks just don't know about it.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:06:39 PM
I am still having the same issue and it is getting very frustrating. I guess since tech isn't having a problem there is nothing for them to look at.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:49:57 PM
Problem solved! Know Pinterest problem. Zazzle can't do anything about it.
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:06:48 PM
natureinfocus wrote:
I am still having the same issue and it is getting very frustrating. I guess since tech isn't having a problem there is nothing for them to look at.

If it's any help as a work-around, when you use the Nifty Speed-sharer, you won't experience problems like that.
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 7:07:03 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Problem solved! Know Pinterest problem. Zazzle can't do anything about it.

Thanks for the info Lynn-Marie! Smile I looked and looked on Pinterest but never was able to find where they post known problems. Hope they fix the issue soon!
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:49:25 PM
Wooo hooo it's working again!
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:03:35 PM
Just noticed mine is working also. What a relief! So much easier this way.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:33:50 AM
This was working for me but stopped working as of this morning. Also using the pin button was not generating rich pins but it does work if you manually create a pin on the pinterest page
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:12:52 AM
I've been having the same issue since last night whereas during the day there wasn't an issue.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:28:48 AM
Harmony wrote:
This was working for me but stopped working as of this morning. Also using the pin button was not generating rich pins but it does work if you manually create a pin on the pinterest page


Yeah, when it was fixed in mid-November it was fine for about a week or so.

This is a Pinterest thing. If you Google research this issue it happens frequently. I mentioned before that Z can't do anything about it.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:14:27 AM
Day 2 of the same issue...

So frustrating. Was hoping to promote on the heavy side today...

Maybe tomorrow...
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:51:10 PM
Just came here to report this issue. So frustrating.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:20:04 PM
Nifty and the nIFTTTy Scheduler continue to work with no issues. Follow this step-by-step and get a speed-pinner for your store in 4 clicks:
https://niftytoolz.com/zazzle-promotion-nifty-control-panel/using-nifty-for-the-first-time-to-get-a-speed-sharer-for-your-zazzle-store-in-4-clicks
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 8:43:52 AM
Has anyone had any luck with this? I've tried clearing out my browsers, using different browsers, different computers and it's still not working. Crying
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 9:03:31 AM
Same here.

I've been in touch with Pinterest for 3 months now about a description problem with pinning from within their site. They are having major tech problems and thought it was solved, oops it wasn't, etc. It may be on their end. Love
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 9:04:21 AM
J's Zazzle Store wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with this? I've tried clearing out my browsers, using different browsers, different computers and it's still not working. Crying


I reported this to P on 12/27 but haven't heard back from them yet...
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 11:18:28 AM
Been having that problem too. But if you go to the board you pinned it too and then locate the pin, and click edit,then you can do it. I have just been keeping a Pinterest tab open in my browser and doing a quick edit when I pin something. I know it is a pain in the you know what, but it beats not having any information at all on a pin.
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 1:53:25 PM
I have also been in contact with Pinterest since it has been going on for so long and their response has been, "We will look into it".
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2020 8:07:47 PM
Zazzle claimed the domain for their site on Pinterest so we can no longer edit title/description of rich pins: just get to use the notes section
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 8:09:55 AM
Harmony wrote:
Zazzle claimed the domain for their site on Pinterest so we can no longer edit title/description of rich pins: just get to use the notes section


I would think that if this was true, that many more Pinterest users would be reporting this issue. I had this problem many months ago for a few days. It went away. Now it is back.

Now maybe I'm wrong and we are all experiencing it...??

Any comments or ideas from Zazzle about why this is happening??
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 9:01:38 AM
I had the same problem but there is a workaround that is working for me. I use the Chrome Pinterest Save Button extension. After install choose one of your products to pin. Then click on the P icon on chrome menu bar at top and the images from your product should come up. Choose one to save and the pinterest window will pop with the edit pencil icon. Your title for the product should be there as well. Hope that helps!
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 9:19:43 AM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
I had the same problem but there is a workaround that is working for me. I use the Chrome Pinterest Save Button extension. After install choose one of your products to pin. Then click on the P icon on chrome menu bar at top and the images from your product should come up. Choose one to save and the pinterest window will pop with the edit pencil icon. Your title for the product should be there as well. Hope that helps!


I just tried that and it did work. Thanks for the tip
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 10:12:17 AM
randysgrandma wrote:
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
I had the same problem but there is a workaround that is working for me. I use the Chrome Pinterest Save Button extension. After install choose one of your products to pin. Then click on the P icon on chrome menu bar at top and the images from your product should come up. Choose one to save and the pinterest window will pop with the edit pencil icon. Your title for the product should be there as well. Hope that helps!


I just tried that and it did work. Thanks for the tip


Glad it worked! Smile
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2020 12:46:19 PM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
I had the same problem but there is a workaround that is working for me. I use the Chrome Pinterest Save Button extension. After install choose one of your products to pin. Then click on the P icon on chrome menu bar at top and the images from your product should come up. Choose one to save and the pinterest window will pop with the edit pencil icon. Your title for the product should be there as well. Hope that helps!


This also works with any Pinterest extension on your web browser. Just don't use the internal Z share button.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded