Our 1099-MISC
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 1:34:58 PM
Hoping to get an answer from Zazzle themselves.
With box 7 having an amount in it and being totaled int he very last box, it seems t be messing up any form you fill on many tax refund sites. They will never let you continue on with both royalties box and box 7 with amounts in it.
I have been told to only put in the highest amount in. Another person does 2 1099-MISCs for both amounts.
People have said that box 7 is a mistake made by the people doing the papers at Zazzle.

Zazzle what are we to do?
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 3:58:11 PM
The royalties plus box 7 equals the total amount Zazzle paid me, and it's probably the same for everyone else. The number in box 7 was wrong last year too.

Yes, Zazzle may have to contact the company doing the 1099's to ask what the devil gives with this, but I'll have to do whatever I did with it last year since it worked and since I'll be doing taxes tomorrow.
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 5:05:37 PM
Moving this to Zazzle Store for now since its not a bug and will follow up as soon as we get an update.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:28:10 AM
If you look at the last post on page one of https://forum.zazzle.com/gallery/tax_forms_1099, which is the thread that covers precisely the same issues last year that we're having this year, you'll see Zazzle stating that Box 7 is for referrals. If it is, then the company doing the 1099's is either being fed incorrect information or is inserting random numbers. My box 7 last year was erroneous, and it's the same this year. It's difficult enough as it is doing taxes, and it sure doesn't help to be handed bad information.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:54:05 AM
Sorry for the delay on this. Box 2 is royalties (as labeled) and box 7 is referrals/volume bonus. You can absolutely have both on a 1099, depending on what kind of income you earned from whatever company. Box 2 + Box 7 = Box 18 (reportable income for state income tax)
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:43:24 AM
James wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this. Box 2 is royalties (as labeled) and box 7 is referrals/volume bonus. You can absolutely have both on a 1099, depending on what kind of income you earned from whatever company. Box 2 + Box 7 = Box 18 (reportable income for state income tax)

James, the problem is that Box 7 was wrong last year and it's wrong again this year. If we add up all our referrals and bonuses that are clearly marked in our accounts, they don't match Box 7, which was too high last year and is too high again this year. Mine this year isn't a huge difference, being 6.84 too high. Last year, it was truly mythical. Does Box 2 plus Box 7 equal the total of what we were actually paid? Yes, and so that's what I'll report this year just as I did last year, but it indicates a definite accounting problem.

For anyone who might know: Why is this set up only for state income, given that we also have to report it on our federal returns?