Odd Grouping Error
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:55:22 AM
On this pacifier : https://www.zazzle.com/designer_baby_boy_black_and_blue_cute_baby_boy_pacifier-256011367076598072

The blue and green options have a boys name "Anthony" in the design, as seen in the design preview. But the image displayed on the product shows "Elizabeth" as seen on the pink, red and yellow options.

What process do I follow it get this corrected?

Thanks

Josh
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:43:22 AM
and what is even more interesting is that if I go into customize, Elizabeth is there. Zazzle, you created a new design for me... and essentially deleted my original design...
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:49:08 AM
and if I go in through the backend and click and open the green design with "Anthony", I get all the color same color choices, except now they all display "Anthony." ... weird
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:25:14 AM
Hi Josh B,

After looking at the pacifier now, the name "Anthony" appears for me on all five color options. I have not seen the name "Elizabeth" appear at all even when I have clicked on customize. Smile
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:50:02 AM
James wrote:
Hi Josh B,

After looking at the pacifier now, the name "Anthony" appears for me on all five color options. I have not seen the name "Elizabeth" appear at all even when I have clicked on customize. Smile

The green and blue colors were designed with Anthony and the pink red and yellow with Elizabeth.

This link is for the red Elizabeth design. https://www.zazzle.com/designer_baby_girl_black_and_red_cute_baby_girl_pacifier-256291123970898983 When clicking through the color options Elizabeth says even on the green and blue design options.

This link is for the green Anthony design. https://www.zazzle.com/designer_baby_boy_black_and_green_cute_baby_boy_pacifier-256739524248873867 When clicking through the color options Anthony stays on all color options, even the red yellow and pink.

When I designed these. Elizabeth was designed in pink, yellow and red. Anthony was designed in blue and green.

So there should be 2 different groupings 3 color choices for Elizabeth and 2 for Anthony.

Have I explained it better...

Thanks

Josh

Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:12:50 AM
I do see the Elizabeth in the "designed by" mini graphic (above the design theme).

I have some designs that do this too. Personally, I like it, it gives the customer more options.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:34:35 AM
ZBug wrote:
I do see the Elizabeth in the "designed by" mini graphic (above the design theme).

I have some designs that do this too. Personally, I like it, it gives the customer more options.

And if you go to the green design (from the link I provide above) you will see Anthony in the mini graphic.

If the titles and descriptions weren't gender specific I would overlook the groupings as I like both "names" in all the colors.

But, once they were grouped, at least under a search for pacifiers (newest) the "boy" option is no longer present, because it is grouped under the last pacifier made which was a "girl" design. Does that make sense?

Josh
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:07:29 AM
Next time, try using a unisex name such as Morgan, or forget about a name and use something like "Baby's Name" in the text box.
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:09:03 PM
I could easily have deleted the ones that are wrong and just move the text or something. 5 minutes tops to fix.

I realize there are several other work arounds too, as you've suggested. I just thought Zazzle should know that this is happening.

I've done a different design and changed the fonts for each gender. I am waiting to see if anything wonky happens with them before I make more color selections available.

Plus it is good for all the other designers to see that, at this moment, they too could have this occur with their designs.

Cheers

Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:18:00 PM
This is actually expected, we pass the template values through to the alternate products so if you begin with one which has the name "Elizabeth" then all the grouped products will have Elizabeth, and vice versa with Anthony Smile Thanks for the feedback on this Roses
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:26:42 PM
James wrote:
This is actually expected, we pass the template values through to the alternate products so if you begin with one which has the name "Elizabeth" then all the grouped products will have Elizabeth, and vice versa with Anthony Smile Thanks for the feedback on this Roses

Sure, now what I wonder is this. My titles, descriptions and tags are gender specific. I watched the newest pacifier public search page and saw when these were grouped. The "boy" pacifier "dissapeared" off the page once it was grouped. So how does that affect seo, etc. Is it harder for a potential customer to find the "boy" version now?? These are the things I wonder. Would a parent with a son just go past a pacifier that says "Elizabeth?" IDK.

Really just trying to understand, not complain. As stated above I have figured out and am testing a few work arounds to make sure I reach both intended audiences...

Thanks