No Post for Sale Button
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 11:44:53 PM
Hi Techs,I have just completed designing a clock via create your own and there is No Post for Sale! All other saved designs seem to okay with Edit and Sell it ! Is there any reason why this is happening?
Jilly
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:20:41 AM
orientcourt wrote:
Hi Techs,I have just completed designing a clock via create your own and there is No Post for Sale! All other saved designs seem to okay with Edit and Sell it ! Is there any reason why this is happening?
Jilly

I just tested it and had a post for sale button. Can you post a direct link to the clock you were working on and maybe one of us can help you as Tech won't probably won't be around until Monday.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:25:27 AM
Jilly where did you get the blank from?
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:32:59 AM
That happened to me at least 3 times yesterday while I was making laptop skins. It would happen after I published one and then hit customize to make a new colorway. I would change the color I needed to change and hit done and then the whole right side where the options should be were missing and only the add to cart button would be there with the price. I waited a minutes or so to make sure my page was done loading and nothing. Sorry I didn’t get a screen shot because I figured it was probably on my end.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:55:12 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
That happened to me at least 3 times yesterday while I was making laptop skins. It would happen after I published one and then hit customize to make a new colorway. I would change the color I needed to change and hit done and then the whole right side where the options should be were missing and only the add to cart button would be there with the price. I waited a minutes or so to make sure my page was done loading and nothing. Sorry I didn’t get a screen shot because I figured it was probably on my end.

Would you leave the page immediately upon posting so you could customize another? Just asking because if you go to the product page right after publishing, instead of waiting (I wait 30 minutes), your story category will rest to ... no category. Not sure if that would now affect other things, as I have never tested it out. I am the "set it and forget it" type. If this isn't how you do things, then ignore what I said, but I will leave it for those unaware lol
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 7:53:04 AM
After publishing I hit “see your product now” and then customize right away. And hit publish again. I do have to add the category back in and sometimes the recipient. I haven’t had any issues before doing it this way with the sell button being immediately available. I’ve been doing it since they introduced grouping.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:04:03 PM
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:40:29 PM
orientcourt wrote:
https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-aif_wallclock?dz=b0b3fac6-0aaa-42fc-a1e6-afcbc6126687&side_name=front&style=mediumcircle&handcolor=black&design.areas=%5Bmediumcircle_front%5D&context=114738151978072456&view=113099750854044488 This is the link Girls. Started this product a long time ago but I usually use the Create Custom Products button ! Jilly

I followed the link, added something, clicked done, and got the Sell It button. Not sure why you don't.
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:41:29 PM
Thanks for checking Gina, I tried again with Edit then Done and still only have Add to CartSmile so perhaps some of us have been affected by an A/B testing which Shelli mentioned ! Jilly Very strange though considering you were actually linked to my store!
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 5:52:08 PM
orientcourt wrote:
Thanks for checking Gina, I tried again with Edit then Done and still only have Add to CartSmile so perhaps some of us have been affected by an A/B testing which Shelli mentioned ! Jilly Very strange though considering you were actually linked to my store!

you could always use the Zazzle blanks link for now Jilly

https://www.zazzle.com/zazzleblanks/products?ps=120&sr=250198728855845329&pg=1&sd=desc&st=date_created
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:29:48 PM
Thanks Shelli I may have to use Zazzle Blanks have it bookmaked !Smile
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 2:58:02 AM
orientcourt wrote:

Yep, Zazzleblanks is awesome! It's the only place I grab products from to design!
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 3:41:42 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
After publishing I hit “see your product now” and then customize right away. And hit publish again. I do have to add the category back in and sometimes the recipient. I haven’t had any issues before doing it this way with the sell button being immediately available. I’ve been doing it since they introduced grouping.

Do you add the category back in on the original or just the customized one?
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 6:14:06 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Just the customized one during the publishing phase. I have found that everything sticks on the original one if you just leave it alone even for a few minutes(maybe 30 or so), but, if you go back in and edit any new product (in my experience so far) immediately, you can’t finish the edit process without fixing the category. (Like you are describing).

I don’t think I worded that very well so I hope I’m making sense. Idea

But none of this has affected/should affect the post for sale button. I haven’t made anything new since Saturday so I’ll have to see if it happens again today.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 6:21:53 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

Yep, Zazzleblanks is awesome! It's the only place I grab products from to design!

But they don’t add all of the new products to Zazzle blanks any more.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 6:26:49 AM
Maz wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

But they don’t add all of the new products to Zazzle blanks any more.

Yep. HP Skin was the last added and we have had a few new ones added since then. For new ones that don't get added to Zazzleblanks, I just grab those links from the forum announcements.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 6:28:58 AM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:

Just the customized one during the publishing phase. I have found that everything sticks on the original one if you just leave it alone even for a few minutes(maybe 30 or so), but, if you go back in and edit any new product (in my experience so far) immediately, you can’t finish the edit process without fixing the category. (Like you are describing).

I don’t think I worded that very well so I hope I’m making sense. Idea

But none of this has affected/should affect the post for sale button. I haven’t made anything new since Saturday so I’ll have to see if it happens again today.

Yeah, my "set it and forget it" mode of working is to wait at least 30 minutes before going to the newly published product page to make sure categories had time to set. I never have to reset when customizing into a new one, so I could actually be waiting longer than 30 minutes lol
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:08:13 AM
I don't have time to read through all of this.

Did this get resolved?
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:14:31 AM
I'm not sure if it is resolved for the OP, orientcourt, but I have not run into it yet today.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 10:15:44 AM
Scott wrote:
I don't have time to read through all of this.

Did this get resolved?

Scott, I clicked through the link she posted and was able to get the "Sell It" button. I posted to let her know and she said it still didn't work for her. That was her last post, so I am assuming it didn't get resolved.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 1:08:48 PM
orientcourt wrote:
https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-aif_wallclock?dz=b0b3fac6-0aaa-42fc-a1e6-afcbc6126687&side_name=front&style=mediumcircle&handcolor=black&design.areas=%5Bmediumcircle_front%5D&context=114738151978072456&view=113099750854044488 This is the link Girls. Started this product a long time ago but I usually use the Create Custom Products button ! Jilly
You found this product in the zazzle_templates store. It's unpublishable.

always start from the blue Create Your Own link that appears at the top left corner of the page. I'd also recommend bookmarking www.zazzle.com/create
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 1:33:38 PM
Scott wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

always start from the blue Create Your Own link that appears at the top left corner of the page. I'd also recommend bookmarking www.zazzle.com/create

That is the link I saw in that disappearing Zazzle news post. Thanks Scott! I am bookmarking it now.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 1:59:08 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

That is the link I saw in that disappearing Zazzle news post. Thanks Scott! I am bookmarking it now.

I have always gotten to that page via the blue Create Your Own link and then clicking All Create Your Own from the dropdown.
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 3:22:04 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott wrote:
orientcourt wrote:

I have always gotten to that page via the blue Create Your Own link and then clicking All Create Your Own from the dropdown.

I see that now... Susan made it sound like it was some different place in that disappearing news post. lol
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:55:17 PM
Okay Scott thankyou for solving the problem! Grin
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:09:11 PM
This is STILL not resolved. (At least as of about 3:00 AM CST)

This problem first started showing up for me about the same time our store backend search went down. That's not fixed either.

On existing products: When you click on the product the "customize" button will be there. You go in to customize, click "done" and the "sell it" button may or may not be there. More often than not, it's there when you first return to the page after clicking "done" but disappears pretty quickly.

I've turned that one into a game... I try to click "Sell It" before it disappears... but I'm more laidback about stuff like this.

On new products the "edit" button will be there but disappear... Much like the first instance, I just refresh and try to catch it before it disappears...

My touchscreen helps!

Next time it happens I'll try to remember to get a time stamp and screenshot.
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:01:26 PM
99% of the time this is not a bug. Usually what's happened is the designer has inadvertently customized a product that was not meant to be published. I understand that this is a frustrating situation for everyone, and what I can say is that it's a topic that is continuing to be discussed.

If you're convinced there is an issue here then I'd suggest starting fresh from the Create Your Own section of the website (www.zazzle.com/create) and customizing a product from there.

Oh, and please start a new discussion. I'm going to lock this one because it was not a bug.