Marketplace Problems 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:11:41 PM
I created some of the new phone grips and was dismayed that they were not showing up in the marketplace.
I sent an email to support and it took a while to get a response.

I was told this:
"Thanks for your patience with this. Our team have manually indexed your items as they seemed to be stuck for some reason. They should be appearing now. Sorry for the inconvenience. "

Well, they're still not in the marketplace.
Only 5 of the 22 items I created are listed.

I decided to look and see if it was an isolated problem.......
I have 311 wall clocks in my store.
Of those, only 106 appear in the marketplace.
76 neckties in my store
44 in the marketplace
cufflinks 86 in my store
42 in the marketplace

I have a total of 5874 items in my store and if it holds true only about 1/2 are able to be viewed by potential customers.
I have deleted over 6 THOUSAND items from my store due to lack of views.
Now I know why....no one had the chance to see them.
How depressing.....

People, check your stores against the marketplace.
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:27:30 PM
If there are products that are not being indexed please link me to a handful of them so that I can investigate.
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:13:07 PM
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:14:51 PM
Skip, yesterday when I was checking for your phone rings I think my post got deleted before you had a chance to see it.

But I searched your store and saw 17 phone rings in it then, I searched each one individually in the MP and found all 17 of them in the marketplace also.

When I went back to see if you had seen that post all of our posts were gone...

so I don't know why you could only see 3 of them while I could see all 17 but they are in the MP.
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:16:34 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Skip, yesterday when I was checking for your phone rings I think my post got deleted before you had a chance to see it.

But I searched your store and saw 17 phone rings in it then, I searched each one individually in the MP and found all 17 of them in the marketplace also.

When I went back to see if you had seen that post all of our posts were gone...

so I don't know why you could only see 3 of them while I could see all 17 but they are in the MP.



Roses

dunno why but thanks for the heads up
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:39:12 PM
you're welcomeSmile
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:40:25 PM
"But I searched your store and saw 17 phone rings in it then"

but they're not in the marketplace..........
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:57:47 PM
Skip wrote:
"But I searched your store and saw 17 phone rings in it then"

but they're not in the marketplace..........


I saw them in the MP too.

I just searched again for the few I could remember, sicilian trinacera , armenian flag, sea horses, heart with wings... I still see them... and the color variations also. Sorry but those were the only ones I could remember off the top of my head.
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:55:38 PM
Try this
I have 38 paperweights in my store

Go here:
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights

Now select my store from the filters list on the top of the page.....
....add filter....wrapped_too_tight
only 4 show up
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights?f_si=250692501813267351
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:56:42 PM
Skip wrote:
Go here:
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights

Now select my store from the filters list on the top of the page.....
....add filter....wrapped_too_tight
only 4 show up
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights?f_si=250692501813267351
THIS is how you get my attention.

What you did is perfect. And now try this:
1. Go here to find your paperweights: https://www.zazzle.com/store/wrapped_too_tight/paperweight
I see 37.
2. Pick one product from your store that's missing from the marketplace search results. Example product: https://www.zazzle.com/blue_frost_ice_pattern_paperweight-256116232903978225
3. Copy the product title and search for that product in the marketplace.
Here's the link to the search result: https://www.zazzle.com/s/blue+frost+ice+pattern+paperweight

So the products do exist in the marketplace, but the marketplace search filter for 'search by store' may be malfunctioning. I'll be sending this over to an engineer shortly.
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:02:13 PM
Scott wrote:
Skip wrote:
Go here:
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights

Now select my store from the filters list on the top of the page.....
....add filter....wrapped_too_tight
only 4 show up
https://www.zazzle.com/c/paperweights?f_si=250692501813267351
THIS is how you get my attention.

What you did is perfect. And now try this:
1. Go here to find your paperweights: https://www.zazzle.com/store/wrapped_too_tight/paperweight
I see 37.
2. Pick one product from your store that's missing from the marketplace search results. Example product: https://www.zazzle.com/blue_frost_ice_pattern_paperweight-256116232903978225
3. Copy the product title and search for that product in the marketplace.
Here's the link to the search result: https://www.zazzle.com/s/blue+frost+ice+pattern+paperweight

So the products do exist in the marketplace, but the marketplace search filter for 'search by store' may be malfunctioning. I'll be sending this over to an engineer shortly.



Roses

Thanks Scott
However, when going through all 12 pages I only see 5 of my designs listed.
The other items seem hidden.......
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 7:23:36 PM
250 results for coasters in my store
71 results for coasters in the marketplace
Sad
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 3:40:48 PM
I currently have 32 phone grips listed publicly in my store
https://www.zazzle.com/store/wrapped_too_tight/phone+grips?dp=252480432674006234

Why are only 6 showing up in the marketplace????
https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351

Just for example, because there are many of these designs flooding the phone grip section
Someone posted 17 SEVENTEEN Gradient Wavy designs and 8 EIGHT Colorful Marble they are all showing.
https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?st=date_created

WHY ARE MY DESIGNS NOT VISIBLE IN THE MARKETPLACE?????
I'm quite sure I'm not the only one this is happening to.
Its not just the phone grips.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? CREATE 50 WOOD GRAIN PATTERNS OR GRADIENT WAVY DESIGNS IN EVERY CATEGORY?????
Something isn't right here......
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:09:02 AM
Skip wrote:
I currently have 32 phone grips listed publicly in my store
https://www.zazzle.com/store/wrapped_too_tight/phone+grips?dp=252480432674006234

Why are only 6 showing up in the marketplace????
https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351


I went to zazzle.com and entered "phone grip wrapped_too_tight" and got all 32 of your grips:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grip+wrapped_too_tight
Smile
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 5:13:02 AM
Col's Creations wrote:
Skip wrote:
I currently have 32 phone grips listed publicly in my store
https://www.zazzle.com/store/wrapped_too_tight/phone+grips?dp=252480432674006234

Why are only 6 showing up in the marketplace????
https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351


I went to zazzle.com and entered "phone grip wrapped_too_tight" and got all 32 of your grips:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grip+wrapped_too_tight
Smile


Thanks but if you search by my designer store you only get 6
My contention is that they are not able to be seen by a casual viewer.
My items don't appear unless you indicate my specific item or store name.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:07:11 AM
Skip wrote:

Thanks but if you search by my designer store you only get 6
My contention is that they are not able to be seen by a casual viewer.
My items don't appear unless you indicate my specific item or store name.

I did see that filtered by Designer Store only six show up. That filter feature is probably just glitchy and if it makes you feel any better, as a shopper looking for you I would be more likely to enter your name in search then trip through Zazzle's filtering boxes.

Have you tried searching for your grips on an individual basis by keywords? The fact that they aren't yet in the Designer Store filter doesn't mean they aren't actually in the marketplace. For instance, if I search for "pink chevron phone grip" yours is the first result of three even though that particular grip is not one of the six showing when you do the filter to your Designer Store.

I think the problem is not that they aren't in the marketplace but that the Designer Store filter is glitchy and/or very delayed in indexing.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:41:20 AM
Col's Creations wrote:
Skip wrote:

Thanks but if you search by my designer store you only get 6
My contention is that they are not able to be seen by a casual viewer.
My items don't appear unless you indicate my specific item or store name.

I did see that filtered by Designer Store only six show up. That filter feature is probably just glitchy and if it makes you feel any better, as a shopper looking for you I would be more likely to enter your name in search then trip through Zazzle's filtering boxes.

Have you tried searching for your grips on an individual basis by keywords? The fact that they aren't yet in the Designer Store filter doesn't mean they aren't actually in the marketplace. For instance, if I search for "pink chevron phone grip" yours is the first result of three even though that particular grip is not one of the six showing when you do the filter to your Designer Store.

I think the problem is not that they aren't in the marketplace but that the Designer Store filter is glitchy and/or very delayed in indexing.



If you go through the pages you will NOT see all my designs.
They simply do not show up to the casual shopper browsing the designs.
Its not just the filter.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:39:01 PM
Skip wrote:
If you go through the pages you will NOT see all my designs.
They simply do not show up to the casual shopper browsing the designs.
Its not just the filter.

With you waiting on the Mods to come back Monday and me waiting on my laundry to dry I did some browsing ...

Zazzle home page - hover over Electronics then Phone Grips - I get 2,300 grips. Default sort is by Popular, 60 items per page, a total of 15 pages. That equals 900 items.
I went through every page and moused-over every item to see the store. You have one grip on page 6, two on page 13 and two on page 14.
2,300 phone grips for sale but Zazzle's set up only allows scrolling the first 15 pages. 900 products. That leaves another 1,400 no-one is going to be able to casually scroll thru. It's been a common source of angst and frustration - the cut-off on how many pages are available to scroll, and more so, what criteria gets you on those first 15 or so pages. So from where I am sitting, you are in the same boat as the rest of us: you have x number of products that aren't showing up in those first pages. But the rest can be found by anyone searching with keywords.

Browsing the available 15 pages of phone grips, it's clear that the same handful of designer/store names come up over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. That's a problem for sure. But the thing is, your products ARE in the marketplace, they just haven't "earned" a place yet on those first fifteen or so scrollable pages.


Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:11:43 PM
Col's Creations wrote:
Skip wrote:
If you go through the pages you will NOT see all my designs.
They simply do not show up to the casual shopper browsing the designs.
Its not just the filter.

With you waiting on the Mods to come back Monday and me waiting on my laundry to dry I did some browsing ...

Zazzle home page - hover over Electronics then Phone Grips - I get 2,300 grips. Default sort is by Popular, 60 items per page, a total of 15 pages. That equals 900 items.
I went through every page and moused-over every item to see the store. You have one grip on page 6, two on page 13 and two on page 14.
2,300 phone grips for sale but Zazzle's set up only allows scrolling the first 15 pages. 900 products. That leaves another 1,400 no-one is going to be able to casually scroll thru. It's been a common source of angst and frustration - the cut-off on how many pages are available to scroll, and more so, what criteria gets you on those first 15 or so pages. So from where I am sitting, you are in the same boat as the rest of us: you have x number of products that aren't showing up in those first pages. But the rest can be found by anyone searching with keywords.

Browsing the available 15 pages of phone grips, it's clear that the same handful of designer/store names come up over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. That's a problem for sure. But the thing is, your products ARE in the marketplace, they just haven't "earned" a place yet on those first fifteen or so scrollable pages.




Roses
.......but the problem is that they never showed up even when there were less than 15 pages.
The multitude of "clones" are newest.
My designs never saw the light of day.
....and they should show up in the filter but they don't.
Its not right
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 4:14:59 AM
Looking into this now! Smile
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 4:15:53 AM
Padie wrote:
Looking into this now! Smile


Thank You !!
Happy
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 7:03:06 AM
Skip wrote:
.......but the problem is that they never showed up even when there were less than 15 pages.

It's been this way for a long time. I've always assumed it to be intentional.
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:54:49 AM
Zazzle is constantly optimizing both the customer’s experience and the search engine experience. As you may know, Google, Bing and other websites crawl our website links to learn about our products; they don’t search for them. Customers on the other hand almost always search for them by putting in search terms like “phone grips” in our search bar.

Because we have to serve two different users (customers and search engines) we have decided to optimize each user’s experience differently. The url you reported https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for search engines that crawl the header links. You can tell by the fact there is a /c/ in the URL.

This url https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for customers and is how we handle customers searching for products. You can tell by the fact there is a /s/ in the URL.

You may notice that the second URL”/s/” shows all your products as it is the one that most customers would see since customers search for products, they don’t crawl URLs like search engines do.

Why are there less products in the category “/c/” URL? Because we have to strike a delicate balance of too much versus not enough content with the search engines who tend to crawl the /c/ URLs. They are constantly changing their algorithms and we have to react accordingly to make sure Zazzle keeps our top rankings in order to drive the most customers to Zazzle.

I know this was a bit of a long description but I wanted to give you some details into why you are seeing this difference. If you are checking for product listings in the marketplace make sure the /s/ is in the URL as the products in the /c/ URLs are constantly being optimized to drive more traffic to our site via SEO and hence, more traffic to our Designers.

James C
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:16:16 AM
James C wrote:
Zazzle is constantly optimizing both the customer’s experience and the search engine experience. As you may know, Google, Bing and other websites crawl our website links to learn about our products; they don’t search for them. Customers on the other hand almost always search for them by putting in search terms like “phone grips” in our search bar.

Because we have to serve two different users (customers and search engines) we have decided to optimize each user’s experience differently. The url you reported https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for search engines that crawl the header links. You can tell by the fact there is a /c/ in the URL.

This url https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for customers and is how we handle customers searching for products. You can tell by the fact there is a /s/ in the URL.

You may notice that the second URL”/s/” shows all your products as it is the one that most customers would see since customers search for products, they don’t crawl URLs like search engines do.

Why are there less products in the category “/c/” URL? Because we have to strike a delicate balance of too much versus not enough content with the search engines who tend to crawl the /c/ URLs. They are constantly changing their algorithms and we have to react accordingly to make sure Zazzle keeps our top rankings in order to drive the most customers to Zazzle.

I know this was a bit of a long description but I wanted to give you some details into why you are seeing this difference. If you are checking for product listings in the marketplace make sure the /s/ is in the URL as the products in the /c/ URLs are constantly being optimized to drive more traffic to our site via SEO and hence, more traffic to our Designers.

James C


So now the chances of being found by the seo crawlers just got even slimmer?

What is the criteria for being among the top spots in the popular sort? Is it sales, views or a combo of both? I am hoping it is both so that unsold items have half a chance of being seen and getting a first sale...
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:17:11 AM
James C wrote:
Zazzle is constantly optimizing both the customer’s experience and the search engine experience. As you may know, Google, Bing and other websites crawl our website links to learn about our products; they don’t search for them. Customers on the other hand almost always search for them by putting in search terms like “phone grips” in our search bar.

Because we have to serve two different users (customers and search engines) we have decided to optimize each user’s experience differently. The url you reported https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for search engines that crawl the header links. You can tell by the fact there is a /c/ in the URL.

This url https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for customers and is how we handle customers searching for products. You can tell by the fact there is a /s/ in the URL.

You may notice that the second URL”/s/” shows all your products as it is the one that most customers would see since customers search for products, they don’t crawl URLs like search engines do.

Why are there less products in the category “/c/” URL? Because we have to strike a delicate balance of too much versus not enough content with the search engines who tend to crawl the /c/ URLs. They are constantly changing their algorithms and we have to react accordingly to make sure Zazzle keeps our top rankings in order to drive the most customers to Zazzle.

I know this was a bit of a long description but I wanted to give you some details into why you are seeing this difference. If you are checking for product listings in the marketplace make sure the /s/ is in the URL as the products in the /c/ URLs are constantly being optimized to drive more traffic to our site via SEO and hence, more traffic to our Designers.

James C


Very helpful indeed James. A useful insight into the balancing act going on.
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:20:02 AM
James C wrote:
Zazzle is constantly optimizing both the customer’s experience and the search engine experience. As you may know, Google, Bing and other websites crawl our website links to learn about our products; they don’t search for them. Customers on the other hand almost always search for them by putting in search terms like “phone grips” in our search bar.

Because we have to serve two different users (customers and search engines) we have decided to optimize each user’s experience differently. The url you reported https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for search engines that crawl the header links. You can tell by the fact there is a /c/ in the URL.

This url https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351 is one optimized for customers and is how we handle customers searching for products. You can tell by the fact there is a /s/ in the URL.

You may notice that the second URL”/s/” shows all your products as it is the one that most customers would see since customers search for products, they don’t crawl URLs like search engines do.

Why are there less products in the category “/c/” URL? Because we have to strike a delicate balance of too much versus not enough content with the search engines who tend to crawl the /c/ URLs. They are constantly changing their algorithms and we have to react accordingly to make sure Zazzle keeps our top rankings in order to drive the most customers to Zazzle.

I know this was a bit of a long description but I wanted to give you some details into why you are seeing this difference. If you are checking for product listings in the marketplace make sure the /s/ is in the URL as the products in the /c/ URLs are constantly being optimized to drive more traffic to our site via SEO and hence, more traffic to our Designers.

James C



I don't buy it

again:
Just for example, because there are many of these designs flooding the phone grip section
Someone posted 17 SEVENTEEN Gradient Wavy designs and 8 EIGHT Colorful Marble they are all showing.
https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?st=date_created

I also saw about 20 different WOOD GRAINS posted.
https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips+wood+grain make that 26
and 24 are available using the store filter:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips+wood+grain?q=phone+grips+wood+grain&sgsc=phone%3agrips%3awood%3agrain&f_si=250662248333116395

What Zazzle is doing is to NOT show MY designs in the marketplace but show duplicate items made by other people.

Its not fair.

Why isn't he second URL available when customers click on my store filter?????

https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?f_si=250692501813267351

Why are so many spam items allowed in the marketplace and MY items aren't even viewable????

I was wondering why my items hardly ever show up when I do a Google shopping search.

I created items for this:
storm area 51
https://www.zazzle.com/s/storm+area+51?q=storm+area+51&sgsc=storm%3aarea%3a51

Luckily I posted early and even though Its not generating a lot of sales, I managed to be able to sell more items that any of the other people posting those items (including the spammers)


Now check Google shopping
(Zazzle isn't even shown as a seller of these items)

storm area 51

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1251&bih=826&tbm=shop&ei=UfM1XaWiCKu-ggffoIiQCQ&q=storm+area+51&oq=storm+area+51&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.23402.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.LKj-rO5zg64

Several days ago Zazzle was listed as a "store" to choose from in the column on the left, now its gone.

Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:41:43 AM
So interesting.

Goto this link: https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?st=date_created

that is the one for web crawlers.

then goto this link:

https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?st=date_created

notice the /s/ . not /c/.

/s/ is for customers.

Big difference between the two searches. The customer one is much more varied.

I learned something new today! Very interesting.

Josh
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 10:09:44 AM
JB Designs wrote:
So interesting.
Goto this link: https://www.zazzle.com/c/phone+grips?st=date_created
that is the one for web crawlers.
then go to this link:
https://www.zazzle.com/s/phone+grips?st=date_created
notice the /s/ . not /c/.
/s/ is for customers.
Big difference between the two searches. The customer one is much more varied.
I learned something new today! Very interesting.

The C link shows only 2,336 results while the S link shows 5,258. Very interesting indeed! A big thankyou to James C. for explaining the S and the C! I've often noticed the C in the links I post when promoting a sale and wondered about it. Now I know. I can switch the C for an S and get a MUCH bigger variety of items showing for whoever clicks!
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 12:50:43 PM
So, the way I read this is that we have even less chance of being found by external search engines, as there is far less being indexed than exists on the web site. While customers might see more when searching, Zazzle still limits the search results to around 17(?) pages.

Most of the time, my stuff couldn't be seen, either way. Doesn't seem like I'm losing much by leaving the marketplace, in that case.
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:17:47 AM
This is why my views and associate linkover history numbers have plummeted.

all the items I currently have posted
https://www.zazzle.com/s/storm+area+51?q=storm+area+51&sgsc=storm%3aarea%3a51&f_si=250692501813267351

VS what items Zazzle has deemed fit to expose to search engines
https://www.zazzle.com/storm+area+51+gifts?q=storm+area+51&sgsc=storm%3aarea%3a51&f_si=250692501813267351

56 items vs 6 items that can actually be seen when someone searches on the internet
This is why I can't find my items when I do a google search....
YET other sellers have a plethora of items that are listed in the SEO section.

Why am I being discriminated against???
I work very hard to put designs on Zazzle and you're not allowing them to be seen on the internet.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded