Major problems with design tool 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:20:05 AM
Still having this issue. FYI.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:01:13 AM
I am having problems with text. Text doesn't want to re-size. Either using the numerical change or using it by grabbing the text box. Neither way wants to work. Please fix.

Thanks Smile

P.S. - Using Windows, Chrome
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:17:24 AM
Thanks again for all who have posted. We're working hard to try to resolve this and thank you all for your patience. Roses
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:20:39 AM
Thank you Smile
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:57:56 AM
At least we can, for the time being, hobble through by going again and again to the saved design. However, that doesn't seem to fix the issue of resizing the text box.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:08:22 AM
Colorwash wrote:
At least we can, for the time being, hobble through by going again and again to the saved design. However, that doesn't seem to fix the issue of resizing the text box.

This doesn't help much if you want to resize the text box width to limit the text flow. You can resize the font by editing the font size, though, so if you don't care about the text box width, you can still work, without having to go out and in. Just let the box markers alone and it works. You can move the box around without any issues.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:10:07 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

This doesn't help much if you want to resize the text box width to limit the text flow. You can resize the font by editing the font size, though, so if you don't care about the text box width, you can still work, without having to go out and in. Just let the box markers alone and it works. You can move the box around without any issues.

I tried moving a box and it snapped back to where it was. I had to go get the saved version to accomplish it.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:18:11 AM
yes same problem here....and making products and not appearing even 12 hours later Sad
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:47:05 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I tried moving a box and it snapped back to where it was. I had to go get the saved version to accomplish it.

If you move a text box without having tried to resize some text boxes before, it works. You can also rotate it without troubles. Just make sure you don't touch the resizing marks. At least in my case it works that way.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:53:34 AM
I am having the same issue with resizing text.

It just keeps bouncing back to the larger size.
Can't keep the text inside of my design.

Please fix this fast.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:28:37 PM
I'm having the same resizing issue. Crying
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:52:04 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

If you move a text box without having tried to resize some text boxes before, it works. You can also rotate it without troubles. Just make sure you don't touch the resizing marks. At least in my case it works that way.

thnk you i was able tocomplete my product, just have to ignore the wide text box and increase or decrease using the edit buttons.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:53:59 PM
1. Snapping is checked by default. I unchecked it, but everything still snaps.

2. I copy and paste image, but a different image displays. More accurately, the first image I copied/pasted appears instead of a new copy/paste image subsequently. I looked at the sidebar, the correct newly copied image is displayed there. I have to click "Change image" on right and find the correct image to get it to display.

3. Text box snapping still occurring. Have been able to resize one side occasionally, but when I extend the opposite side or try to move box, it snaps back to original box size and position.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:05:31 PM
This issue should be fixed a little later tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:05:30 PM
Fixed.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:41:51 PM
Sorry to add that I am still experiencing trouble using the design tool. Unable to resize image or text.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:54:17 PM
Still unable to post for sale.
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:55:24 PM
I hate to say this, but I'm still having trouble too. If I add a new text box it works fine, I can re-size it with no problem. But if I edit an existing product and try to resize an existing text box, same bug. Tried closing the browser and starting fresh but no go. Sorry.

Maybe the fix needs to propagate or something? I'll check back tomorrow in the hopes that it just needs a few hours to "take."
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:42:57 PM
I've just managed to post on the US Zazzle site (.com), but still can't in the UK site (.co.uk)
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 12:47:47 AM
It can take 24 hours to roll out a fix guys. Try again later please. Roses
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 10:01:18 AM
Just been doing some stuff and it all....fingers tightly crossed....seems to be working nicelyGrin Thank you for getting it sorted Roses
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 10:09:34 AM
I'm still seeing only a partial fix. New text boxes work fine, but if I try to change the size of a text box on an existing product it snaps back to its original size and then everything stops working.

ETA: I can work around it, but if a customer's trying to edit a product they might have problems.
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 10:16:42 AM
ZingerBug wrote:
I'm still seeing only a partial fix. New text boxes work fine, but if I try to change the size of a text box on an existing product it snaps back to its original size and then everything stops working.

I just tested it and find you're correct. Can't edit the text box in an existing product.
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 10:40:01 AM
Colorwash wrote:
ZingerBug wrote:

I just tested it and find you're correct. Can't edit the text box in an existing product.
Please provide an example product.

The issue relating to "resizing text box breaks the design tool" has been fixed. It sounds like there's potentially multiple issues that were reported in this discussion.
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 10:45:25 AM
Cripes. Well, it was fixed last night and rebroken when I was asleeping.

We'll get it fixed. Sorry.
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 11:49:04 AM
Ok, technically the previous issue was fixed.

This is different.

This time there's a workaround. Actually, two:
1. Go to the product page, then change the product view (the thumbnails on the left side of the main preview image), and then go into the design tool.
2. Go to the product page, then change some of the template text, and then go into the design tool.

I am going to close this discussion thread because there's at least three things being discussed, and one of them was fixed, and nobody is happy.

I create this discussion here: https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/resizing_some_text_boxes_breaks_the_design_tool?m=1678154#1678154

If you are experiencing a different sort of issue, please create a new discussion thread and we will investigate.