Last viewed and # of views not updating and all messed up
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:14:41 AM
The last viewed date, the order of last view of a product, and the number of views do not match what I should be seeing (as if they are not updating), and they are not coherent. I have many that say zero views, but were viewed in the past 24 hours- seconds after I created it. None of the recent views are correct. Please fix this, I need it for calibration of marketing!
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:08:14 AM
This has been going on for quite a while and is documented here: https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/known_issues
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:30:51 AM
They also only update now every fourth day. Zazzle hasn't addressed this fact directly, but I'm assuming the situation is permanent. I can't see a lot of point to their continued existence, myself.
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 10:26:38 AM
Fuzzy, what is your recommendation for a better site?
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:04:56 PM
Puchombo Gaza Palmer wrote:
Fuzzy, what is your recommendation for a better site?

I don't do well here, but I've done even worse elsewhere. So I don't have any recommendations for a better site. I think it depends a lot on the type of art, and how well the site promotes itself, if you aren't relying on your own promotional efforts. And those things are just the tip of the iceberg. So many variables that differ from artist to artist that I can't say what would work better for you, personally.

I should perhaps clarify that when I said that "I don't see a reason for their continued existence", I was talking about the stats - they're usefulness is negligible in their current sate, and it's gone on long enough that I've given up on them being fixed.

That said, maybe the only stat one really needs is sales figures. Views only tell you that someone was interested in looking at an item. Only a sale tells you that they're interested enough to buy it.