HELP! Everything I Publish is Going Into "Zazzle Templates!" 3 pages: 1 [2] 3
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 2:13:18 AM
Thank you Gina for providing the link to the announcement. I'll note that the announcement does not say stop using the Zazzle Blanks page which many of us clearly understood to be the go to place for blank products. I had been using it for years as the jumping off place to find products and create them.

If I go to that newer "templates" page mentioned in the announcement, and if I create from there, the products still do not wind up in my store. I have just run another test and they all are just the same as the examples provided above. Here's the result.

We need definitive answers from Zazzle.

1. Where do we go now to create products that are just our own, not part of the collaboration share process. What pages can we use, do they function in different ways? And would Zazzle please delete the pages that cannot be used or put a clear warning at the top of them.
2. Will the products that unexpectedly wound up in limbo these past days be moved back to the market.

This is all particularly important amidst the lack of clarity about the new collaboration process. If we are listing products just for our stores, how can we be certain they are going just to our stores?
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:42:39 AM
I use the Create Your Own page that is in the dropdown on Zazzle's front page (right next to the Zazzle logo). I have not had any issues using it.
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:52:40 AM
Antique Images wrote:
Thank you Gina for providing the link to the announcement. I'll note that the announcement does not say stop using the Zazzle Blanks page which many of us clearly understood to be the go to place for blank products. I had been using it for years as the jumping off place to find products and create them.

I also used it for years, then I read it was being phased out. I kept on using it even though new products were no longer being added. I had to get them elsewhere. At some point, after this announcement, it was posted by ... I am thinking Elizabeth P. that Zazzleblanks is indeed no longer being used and that the Zazzle Templates page I linked to is what designers should be using in place of Zazzleblanks. That bit was posted outside of the News forum into a discussion going on by designers.

If your products are going elsewhere (mine aren't), then there must be a glitch affecting some but not all.
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 5:20:35 AM
Thanks for this info and for trying to spread the word about things. Unfortunately it's easy to miss things in the forums since there are so many posts and no one can possibly keep up with them all. The obvious thing is to either delete the page if it is not functional (or have it bounce automatically to the new page) or to have an annotation at the top of the page that warns you not to use it, or only to use it for specific purposes.

However, since the same issue is occuring on the Zazzle Templates page for me, I don't think it's necessarily the phasing out of the Zazzle Blanks page that is the issue.

I'm curious, Gina, that you say you are having no problem with the Zazzle Templates page. Have you checked that it is also working this weekend? The items do post through, it is just that then they do not go into your store, and they are not attributed to you as the designer. Instead they are attributed to "Zazzle Templates." So after posting you need to actually go and check.

I would be very interested to hear if others are able - this weekend - to use Zazzle Templates - and have it work. Or if this is for some reason affecting only a few of us. Tina, writing above, said that she also had her products wind up in "Zazzle Templates" not her store.
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 6:05:15 AM
I just tested it and products from Zazzle Templates and blanks end up in the Zazzle Templates store. The only thing that works is going to Create your own as Shelli said.
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:06:27 AM
I stand corrected, this: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

is working for me.

This is where I was told to create from at any rate, I didn't see the notice on the Z templates; which is definitely not working for me.

I think in my error to thinking I created on the "custom/gifts" link, I actually created from another product, under the product that says "create your own from scratch". I'm positive that is what I did because I had been looking at cards and I created cards. ~I didn't know I couldn't do that either.

Sorry for extra confusion I created! Shocked Roses Roses Roses

But Z templates link does not work at all, just tried it.. again.

Have a great Sunday!
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:53:35 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

It would be nice to have one place to start from

There is. I posted the link right above your post.
Zazzle Templates

We were told awhile back to use ^Zazzle Templates^

thanks Gina, I think I did bookmark that one when they told us that

I actually use the one on the front page menu more often though and it is the one that worked for me for this test.

https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

As someone that has had 3 surgeries in the last 18 months, 2 vision related, I think I remember visiting that link and found the layout and trying to find what I wanted crappy and confusing so still use the blanks link.

I have 140+ products that I am working on in my saved designs 24/25 just in the last day or so, that I am currently working on creating titles, tags etc. for all in order to publish today. If what is being said here I'll be wasting my very limited time and have to wait until next week-end in the hopes this is rectified.

This has to be some kind of error. Zazzle has proven repeatedly over the years that they can target anything they want and kill anything they don't want accessed and this is no different. In fact probably easier than targeting published products by specific terms as the whole database where the items linked to from the zazzleblanks would be gone simply be deleting the zazzleblanks page.

Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:41:14 PM
At least I am relieved to see that I am not the only one. For two days I was suffering in the darkness.

I had no clue that all of it went to Saved Designs.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:09:28 AM
I reported this the other day, as it was happening with me too.

See this link:

https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/there_may_be_a_bug_with_designing_on_t_shirts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:33:17 AM
Antique Images wrote:
MasterpieceCafe wrote:
I've clicked on both of your products, and when I click through they have your design, but when I look at my recently viewed products it shows the Zazzle blank.

When you click through on the link I gave at the top of this feed, you should see that our shop names our not mentioned. It just says "Create Your Own Design - Designed by You" (is that what you see Masterpiece Cafe?) and the below under About this Design" it says "Artwork Designed by Zazzle Templates." Is that what you see too, when you look at the piece at the link above?

Is the same thing happening with your newly created items? I believe this is only happening with items created using Zazzle blanks.

Yes, that's what I'm seeing.

I have never started with Zazzle templates so I haven't seen this issue with my products.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:50:52 AM
Antique Images wrote:

I'm curious, Gina, that you say you are having no problem with the Zazzle Templates page. Have you checked that it is also working this weekend? The items do post through, it is just that then they do not go into your store, and they are not attributed to you as the designer. Instead they are attributed to "Zazzle Templates." So after posting you need to actually go and check.

I'm working from the Zazzle Templates page and I am not having the issue that has been described here. I have checked. Products are where they are supposed to be and are attributed to me.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:14:00 AM
Hmmm just designed a pair of socks using the blank found under the "socks" searched category. It's not showing under the MP search for socks under newest... but it isn't even showing in my store's back end. Shows in "saved designs" though so it seems it is any Z blank found anywhere.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 2:16:57 PM
It must be an Apparel issue. I just have been hit with this "glitch" with postings of Socks and Leggings. I have posted other products with no issue.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 2:18:41 PM
Use this link until we can fix the zazzle templates store: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

Actually, I'd just use that link from here on out.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 3:01:58 PM
Scott wrote:
Use this link until we can fix the zazzle templates store: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

Only using it since it was posted in the News forum to do so but I'll stop.

What to do about the products not in our stores? When this is fixed will they be put in their rightful spots?
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 3:15:25 PM
What to do from here - I'd hold tight for now. When more info becomes available I'll pass it along in this discussion.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 3:29:57 PM
Scott wrote:
What to do from here - I'd hold tight for now. When more info becomes available I'll pass it along in this discussion.

Alright, Scott, thanks!
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 3:32:36 PM
Antique Images wrote:
Another work around for now seems to be to create your items by customizing existing items in your stores. That worked for me a little while ago. Not sure if it is still working. Anyway, now you and I have done a little detective work for the Zazzle tech team - hopefully that gives them a heads start on fixing this.

I was going to post about this same issue... Thanks for beating me to it. Smile

In regards to using existing items in your store to create from, this issue I just now posted about can be a problem:

https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/major_issue_with_incorrect_viewed_product_images

From the mobile Zazzle app, the product images that show could reflect your existing product you used as a template for the new one on the back side... Not to mention possibly showing the front of your card as it was still a work in progress... A strange issue, but a possible big one if people can't see the correct image of the product at all from this platform!

Is there any one else who created a new card from an existing product just recently, and showing up incorrectly on the Zazzle app??

Raphaela
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 11:33:51 PM
Thank you, Scott, for responding. Keep us informed, especially about whether those items that were created and moved into limbo will be shifted back into stores. (For myself I've deleted mine - I only had around 10 or so.) But there are folks who put in a lot of work creating items before they realized what was happening to them.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:23:42 PM
This should be fixed in about an hour.

The products that you meant to publish (but couldn't) should be in your Saved Designs. If you'd like those to be published then you'll need to publish them again. When you open the product from your Saved Designs you might only see an "edit" button (no sell button), and if that's the case then go to the design tool and make a small change, then return back to the product page and click on the 'Sell it' button.
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:08:29 PM
I'd be willing to bet that if you have to enter the design tool, you could select something, press the up arrow, then down arrow click done and then sell it. That way your design doesn't actually change.

I haven't had the issue described here so I don't know that the suggestion will work for sure.... fyi

Maybe someone experiencing the issue can confirm my hunch...
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:13:41 PM
All you really have do is click customize and done. Just reopening the design tool has always worked for me.
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 2:12:39 AM
Scott wrote:

With all due respect I still find that page inadequate. I do not want to have to repeatedly return to try to find a product in inadequately categorized multiple pages. Doing so consumes way to much bandwidth on my limited monthly allowance.

With the blanks page if I want to find something that moves me to create I just have to scroll through the pages. Not return to reload the same page with a limited number of products listed that links to yet another page in order to view all the products under a limited category that, as has been seen in posting, doesn't even remotely match way too many products.

And EXACTLY HOW LONG will it be before someone is inspired to FIX the template page???

I have multiple products in saved designs that ZAZZLE is wasting MY time as I can't finish them until you DO.

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:02:27 AM
Scott wrote:
This should be fixed in about an hour.

The products that you meant to publish (but couldn't) should be in your Saved Designs. If you'd like those to be published then you'll need to publish them again. When you open the product from your Saved Designs you might only see an "edit" button (no sell button), and if that's the case then go to the design tool and make a small change, then return back to the product page and click on the 'Sell it' button.

I am still not able to do a thing with the two products of mine that were affected by this.
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:20:57 AM
eclecticpastime wrote:
With all due respect I still find that page inadequate. I do not want to have to repeatedly return to try to find a product in inadequately categorized multiple pages. Doing so consumes way to much bandwidth on my limited monthly allowance.
Then use the search box that appears at the top of the page.

Beyond that, it sounds like you're venting about a preference that you have (clicking through multiple pages in zazzle_templates consumes roughly the same bandwidth as clicking through multiple pages of /custom/create). In the future, I would appreciate you leaving us this feedback in the correct forum. Posts in Tech should not contain underline or bold or all caps. Instead, they should explain an issue and how to reproduce it. Doing this provides the best information for the QA team to review the issue and work with engineering on a fix. If you feel strongly about something then send us coffee and donuts, not underlined/bold/italic text. (<-- that's a joke)
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:22:11 AM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
I am still not able to do a thing with the two products of mine that were affected by this.
Can you link me to those products?
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:23:54 AM
Scott wrote:
If you feel strongly about something then send us coffee and donuts, not underlined/bold/italic text.

do bribes really work?
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:28:54 AM
Scott wrote:
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Can you link me to those products?

Socks
Leggings
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:24:40 AM
My post was a joke. Please don't send us stuff.

Gina- thanks for the links. Checking now.
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:35:44 AM
Gina - so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with those two products. My recommendation for now is to re-create these two designs (they're pretty simple) and when people get into the office I'll ask about the Saved Designs.