HELP! Everything I Publish is Going Into "Zazzle Templates!" 3 pages: [1] 2 3
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 8:24:14 AM
Something very strange is going on. Everything I publish is going into "Zazzle Templates."
The items do not land in my store, and they are not visible to me anywhere on the backend. (CORRECTION based on later input - they are visible in saved designs - but not in our stores or the marketplace).

Zazzle, Please help. This is very upsetting, especially since I had earlier linked a Facebook store post that I promoted to an item that now doesn't even appear to be in my shop.

Here is an example of a product just published.

Here is my process. I go to the Zazzle Blanks Page. . I choose the item I want to create, apply my design as usual and post it selecting my store, categories etc, which are all visible in the backend. But after I post, the item doesn't show up in my shop. I have also checked to be sure that I am logged into my account, and I am. I'm not accidentally logged in via google as sometimes happens, but properly through my account. So far I have tested this on several square format post-it notes (the original ones I kept loosing) and on the clipboard. I have not tested any more products because I don't want more to disappear. But I did test the clipboard because I wanted to be sure it was not only happening with post-it notes.

(Note on Sunday, Jan 12): I deleted all the original products this had happened to because I wasn't certain my designs couldn't be stolen from whatever limbo where they existed. I have therefore changed the link above to a newly created non-proprietary product - which has the same issues. This one was created from the Zazzle Templates page and has the same issue as the products from the Zazzle Blanks page.

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:42:07 AM
My t-shirts are doing the same thing but they do go to my saved designs.
https://www.zazzle.com/z/asjeov6a?rf=238918650034242815
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:54:01 AM
Ffollowing your link Antique Images, this is what I see. Definitely not right.

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:55:50 AM
Thank you for adding this info, @DoodlesHolidayGifts. I just checked and my designs are also in my saved designs. So at least they are somewhere.

I am curious, did you also create your items starting from templates available on the Zazzle-Blanks page? I'm wondering if the glitch lies there.

Products that I recreated from existing marketplace products have published correctly. But all the ones where I started from scratch on Zazzle Blanks wind up in limbo.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:58:40 AM
Jules wrote:
Ffollowing your link Antique Images, this is what I see. Definitely not right.

Thank you Jules for looking. Yup, it's not right. I'm wondering if it only happens when we start from the Zazzle Blanks page - but that is the only place I go to now when I start from scratch. As mentioned above, products I created today based on customizing existing products seem to have gone into the proper stores. I think perhaps now I'll tried the adobe product creation with the direct upload from photoshop and took and see how that is working...
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:01:14 AM
Your welcome I got mine from the create your own section if you pull up the blanks it says the same thing on all of them about made by you and artwork by Zazzle blanks
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:11:29 AM
So that seems to indicate you are using the same product template source and encountering the same issue.
I did just try a test uploading directly from photoshop through the Adobe-Zazzle Design to Create tool, and that one published correctly in my store.

Still this other issue is a big one and needs attention!
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:17:01 AM
I don't have the photoshop to zazzle thing so I think I'm in trouble what they are doing now sends everyone to the zazzle blanks shop
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:23:33 AM
Another work around for now seems to be to create your items by customizing existing items in your stores. That worked for me a little while ago. Not sure if it is still working. Anyway, now you and I have done a little detective work for the Zazzle tech team - hopefully that gives them a heads start on fixing this.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:25:47 AM
Thanks for all you have done to help I hope all goes well in the endSmile
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:37:25 AM
I've clicked on both of your products, and when I click through they have your design, but when I look at my recently viewed products it shows the Zazzle blank.

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 10:43:38 AM
MasterpieceCafe

Thanks for looking this is so strange.When you make a new product is it going to saved designs?
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:01:53 AM
MasterpieceCafe wrote:
I've clicked on both of your products, and when I click through they have your design, but when I look at my recently viewed products it shows the Zazzle blank.

When you click through on the link I gave at the top of this feed, you should see that our shop names our not mentioned. It just says "Create Your Own Design - Designed by You" (is that what you see Masterpiece Cafe?) and the below under About this Design" it says "Artwork Designed by Zazzle Templates." Is that what you see too, when you look at the piece at the link above?

Is the same thing happening with your newly created items? I believe this is only happening with items created using Zazzle blanks.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:06:20 AM
And just to clarify, this is affecting only newly created items. There is no way to see these items if you go into our shops - because they are not going into our shops. That's why the link is provided above. It's an example of one that is sitting in limbo out there somewhere.

And for those who are creating new items today, you should check in your products management to see if the products are appearing - if they are not, then look in the saved items. And if you click on the saved items that failed to go into your store, you will likely see that it says they were designed by Zazzle Templates.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:06:47 AM
Having the same problem. Published these yesterday and did nothing different than any other card/postcard during the create process. They're in my saved folder but don't appear in my store:

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:09:35 AM
GrafixMom wrote:
Having the same problem. Published these yesterday and did nothing different than any other card/postcard during the create process. They're in my saved folder but don't appear in my store:

Helpful examples - shows that this has been happening since yesterday. And these are also attributed as having been designed by "Zazzle Templates."
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:24:21 AM
That is very strange. I always start from here: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

or for paper goods from here:
https://blog.zazzle.com/2018/07/25/the-paper-breakout-explained/

Not sure if it makes a difference with this bug or not.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:28:03 AM
I just tested it with two products one using the CYO link on the front page drop down menu

that went to my store. 168636866981120003

the one I made using the Zazzle blanks link did not go to my store.

It seems to be a problem with the Zazzle blanks link.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:35:37 AM
Thank you ZingerBug. I tried the first of the two links you gave, and in the single test I did, this published correctly. The link I used that worked was this one (I didn't try the other one yet)
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:
That is very strange. I always start from here: https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

So our detective work is panning out. Based on the link ZingerBug provided and Shelli's input, it does seem like this issue is specific to that Zazzle blanks page. I've used that page for ages and have it bookmarked as my go to page when I start new products. If they were phasing it out or something, they needed tow warn us.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:44:51 AM
This is an aside, and a whine, but seriously, could they make this any more confusing? Why so many different and contradictory starting places? I've never even seen the Zazzle blanks page... don't know how one would even get there, and I hope I don't stumble upon it accidentally and use it. And I just looked through the method that Shelli suggested, which I'd never even seen before, and the stuff that comes up under "save the date" completely contradicts the directions given in the paper breakout blog post for which products to use - specifically for postcards. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! There MUST be a better way to give designers a simple and functioning starting point, as well as some clarity on which products to start with for which uses!
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 12:33:31 PM
ZazzleBlanks is not used anymore. Zazzle gave us another one to work from some time back:

Zazzle Templates
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 12:34:51 PM
Rebecca@ZingerBug wrote:
This is an aside, and a whine, but seriously, could they make this any more confusing? Why so many different and contradictory starting places? I've never even seen the Zazzle blanks page... don't know how one would even get there, and I hope I don't stumble upon it accidentally and use it. And I just looked through the method that Shelli suggested, which I'd never even seen before, and the stuff that comes up under "save the date" completely contradicts the directions given in the paper breakout blog post for which products to use - specifically for postcards. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! There MUST be a better way to give designers a simple and functioning starting point, as well as some clarity on which products to start with for which uses!

The Zazzle blanks link used to be the preferred starting point but now seems to be in the phase out process since they haven't been updating it for a long time.

It would be nice to have one place to start from and I think adding the create tool just made it even more confusing for many people who are not familiar with the Zazzle site.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 12:38:02 PM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

It would be nice to have one place to start from

There is. I posted the link right above your post.
Zazzle Templates

We were told awhile back to use ^Zazzle Templates^
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:49:49 PM
Idea =====>>>A link under our account maybe under stores that says "designers create here" would be great! - then they can change the link as their heart desires but I still click the same spot every time.

Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 2:16:13 PM
Okay NONE of the links work for me.. they ALL go to zazzle templates and not to my store...

not this:

https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts

nor this:

https://www.zazzle.com/store/zazzle_templates

works.

Crying

Must mean this is time for a NAP!
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 2:38:04 PM
This is completely confusing. I did not see whatever announcement came out and there is really no way to stay on top of every announcement here.

If Zazzle is phasing out any of these pages, they should simply place an announcement at the top of the page informing us that it will be phased out (with a deadline - for example 'this page will cease to exist on...). And the notice should also direct us the new page. There is no way we can stay on top of every announcement in the forums.

Once a page is phased out and not working it should simply be taken down so that people don't go on using it. Anyway, we are still waiting for a response from Zazzle about whether this is why this is happening.

After reading Tina Hesskew's message I ran a test of making a product working from the Zazzle Templates link that she gave.

The test product I just listed from Zazzle Templates also did not get posted to my store and is in the "Zazzle Temples limbo with the others.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:02:26 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

It would be nice to have one place to start from

There is. I posted the link right above your post.
Zazzle Templates

We were told awhile back to use ^Zazzle Templates^

thanks Gina, I think I did bookmark that one when they told us that

I actually use the one on the front page menu more often though and it is the one that worked for me for this test.

https://www.zazzle.com/custom/gifts
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:20:32 PM
Antique Images wrote:
I did not see whatever announcement came out

It was posted in News Forum on July 1, 2019: Zazzle News » Zazzle Template Store products are now publishable

They probably should have also posted it in our News section in our stores
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 3:59:58 PM
It couldn't be a bug on all these pages could it?
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 5:24:30 PM
am having the same problem....I used the zazzle blanks page too...didn't know about the announcement.

Mine all went to my saved designs. How do I get them published now? I have to redo them from the zazzle templates page?