Don't see collections
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:34:15 AM
I currently have 34 collections in my store, but they are not showing when you view the store publicly. Even when I sign out, I only see 31 of them. I double checked and they are public and visible in store. Any ideas on what's going on?
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 8:01:48 AM
I see 34 Collections while logged in to your account.
I see 32 Collections while logged out.

Two of your collections contain one item, which isn't much of a collection at all. Those two collections are each called Metallic Tissue Paper. If you want both of those collections to appear publicly I'd suggest adding a few more items.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 11:48:49 AM
Yes, I had to create new collections over the weekend when I found out about the collection limit (of course when I hit the limit) so I was sorting my products before I uploaded more.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 1:46:01 PM
Jaclyn Hughes wrote:
Yes, I had to create new collections over the weekend when I found out about the collection limit (of course when I hit the limit) so I was sorting my products before I uploaded more.

What collection limit? I'm not aware of one.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 3:50:53 PM
Hi Jaclyn,

Yes, we do have a limit of 1000 collections per member.

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Elizabeth P.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:07:27 PM
Elizabeth P. wrote:
Hi Jaclyn,

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Elizabeth P.

Oh never heard of it, not that I would be affected by it anyways. Good it is in place, though that it is awfully high number. If it we up to me,I would lower the number.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:58:19 PM
Gina, It is not hard for affiliates pulling from collection RSS feeds to get close to that limit.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:14:48 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Gina, It is not hard for affiliates pulling from collection RSS feeds to get close to that limit.

Affiliates pulling feeds for their websites, and reaching 1000 collections, is not the same as a single shopkeeper posting 1000 collections here in Zazzle.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:16:20 PM
Gina wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Affiliates pulling feeds for their websites, and reaching 1000 collections, is not the same as a single shopkeeper posting 1000 collections here in Zazzle.

That is true but I was both for a while.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:20:20 PM
I couldn't imagine going into a Zazzle store, clicking the collections tab, and seeing that there are 1000 of them. I would X out in a heartbeat. However, seeing many collections on an outside website doesn't faze me at all.
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:30:30 PM
Gina wrote:
I couldn't imagine going into a Zazzle store, clicking the collections tab, and seeing that there are 1000 of them. I would X out in a heartbeat. However, seeing many collections on an outside website doesn't faze me at all.

All the collections I made for my affiliate site were not visible in my store. I had to quit though because the profit wasn't there for me in affiliating. I am much happier now!
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:44:54 AM
I've been on Z for like a year and a half, and I have 80 collections, but I don't create all the time, so I assume, it's possible for an artist who has tons of designs to make 100 collections per year, and thus after 10 years on Z they theoretically would hit the limit. Of course, this is just a theoretical case, but I wouldn't lower the limit thinking about long-time Z members (which, if nothing else, I personally hope to become). Also, I guess, collections are mostly to be shown below a product on a product's page, customers rarely browse stores as we were told.
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:36:17 AM
Elizabeth P. wrote:
Hi Jaclyn,

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Elizabeth P.
is there a limit as to how many items in a collection? I understand these need to be related items.
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:53:33 AM
DriveIndustries wrote:
is there a limit as to how many items in a collection? I understand these need to be related items.

Yes, there is a limit, 300 items in a collection.
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:21:30 AM
I have multiple affiliate websites which pulled straight RSS Feeds for a while, and those kept breaking and fixes weren't as quick as I'd like which left my sites looking broken. I converted my sites to pulling RSS Feeds of Collections instead, and with my 'regular' Collections, I now have 400-something, and that number continues to grow, as my sites grow.

My website feed collections don't show on my stores. Unfortunately, they have to show on my profile because they have to be set to Public to pull them as RSS Feeds.

I didn't realize there was a limit - did I miss it or was it not published?
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:54:26 AM
WittyBetty wrote:
DriveIndustries wrote:

Yes, there is a limit, 300 items in a collection.

Thanks!