Collections not re-organizing permanently or is there a delay? 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:27:39 AM
I'm totally confused. I see that up until Sept 4th, 2019 it was still an issue...per the now closed thread...
https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/re_organizing_within_collections_stopped_working

And, for me, I've been patiently waiting on the fix for it...for example, I reorganize one thing, and it's there but once I hit my refresh screen it goes back how it was.

Am I missing the fix? Or is there some kind of delay between when or after indexing is done or something?

My store collections are here: https://www.zazzle.com/store/3cattails/collections
I'm on Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And, I really hated to open another thread about this, but I'm like....ummm? What do I do now? I thought this fix was still going on, as I've been checking my collections -but not the forum.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:31:52 AM
I was just coming to report the same thing! I keep rearranging and nothing sticks.

Three I have definitely had an issue with after multiple attempts over a couple of days:

https://www.zazzle.com/collections/texas_halloween-119118448484259788
https://www.zazzle.com/collections/new_mexico_christmas-119594332477481422
https://www.zazzle.com/collections/abstract_steel_gray_doodles_weddings_and_parties-119827488525142919

I'm using Chrome, but have also attempted to reorganize in Safari, and it's also not working there.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:20:46 AM
when Z closed the last thread on this, they ended it with "they'll provide an update when they had news."

I think it's time for a message on the matter anyway.

I'm bummed I can't reorganize the arrangement in my Halloween Collection. I guess I could remove the stuff then put it back in their in the order I want it to show, but that's so much trouble.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:51:02 AM
B.Nickerson wrote:
when Z closed the last thread on this, they ended it with "they'll provide an update when they had news."

I'm bummed I can't reorganize the arrangement in my Halloween Collection. I guess I could remove the stuff then put it back in their in the order I want it to show, but that's so much trouble.

See, I think that's why I was so confused...I waited, and then I went to the Known Issues, and to my surprise a lot of things were gone there. Maybe they just haven't added this to that spot yet...IDK? So, in checking my calendar, I thought it's been a week...am I alone with this problem still?
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:28:00 AM
Quote:
am I alone with this problem still?

Definitely not!
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:11:10 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
B.Nickerson wrote:

See, I think that's why I was so confused...I waited, and then I went to the Known Issues, and to my surprise a lot of things were gone there. Maybe they just haven't added this to that spot yet...IDK? So, in checking my calendar, I thought it's been a week...am I alone with this problem still?

nope, you are not alone! Hope this gets fixed before Christmas!
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:02:34 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Laura Sweat wrote:
B.Nickerson wrote:

nope, you are not alone! Hope this gets fixed before Christmas!

Dittio - You are not alone
Hope this gets fixed tomorrow!
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:12:10 PM
Unfortunately there is still an ongoing issue with our collections, we are still working on it sorry guys! Love
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:12:38 PM
Thanks everyone. And thank you Karen.

Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 10:53:26 AM
Not working for me either and it's VERY frustrating!

Jen
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 1:42:25 PM
Of course I had to pick today to freshen up my website...

My workaround for this issue is to just add new products so they will show first. If something is already in a collection and I want it to show on top, I take it out of the collection and re-add it.
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 3:01:11 PM
B.Nickerson wrote:

That's exactly what I did with my last new collection, removed it all and then tried to re-add it in the order I wanted. I've been reluctant to add any new products to any existing collections now.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:14:39 AM
Oh this was easy, I just used the blue little icon in the right corner. Uncheck the ones you want at the top, and then recheck them in the order that you want. Pretty easy!! Oh, and then click the refresh button.
Thanks everyone!
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:42:58 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Oh this was easy, I just used the blue little icon in the right corner. Uncheck the ones you want at the top, and then recheck them in the order that you want. Pretty easy!! Oh, and then click the refresh button.
Thanks everyone!

nice! thanks for sharing that trick!
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:45:59 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Very time consuming but yes a great work around!!! Spending today organizing all my collections that are out of order since they stopped working.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 9:50:23 PM
Oooooohhhhhh does my OCD ever feel better!!! Now to keep on top of it using the workaround until it is permanently fixed Love Love Love Love Love
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 1:57:26 AM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

This is a life saver! Grin Thanks for sharing
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 3:00:21 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Thanks so much Laura!! Good to know that. Roses
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 3:22:37 PM
Thanks so much for this tip! Works great for smaller collections, for big ones... not so much. I saw some mention of a big update coming tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed that this will be fixed soon.
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 7:49:36 PM
Please make fixing this a priority!
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:12:14 AM
AngelCityArt wrote:
Of course I had to pick today to freshen up my website...

My workaround for this issue is to just add new products so they will show first. If something is already in a collection and I want it to show on top, I take it out of the collection and re-add it.

Yes this workaround does work but there may be a little delay. I have done this on a few collections & it does work. It's a pain but works. Hope they get this fixed very fast.

I wish they wouldn't close or lock posts so we could share workarounds like this when there is a problem.

Thanks for sharing the workaround.
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:52:33 AM
Well, I'd heard rumors of a big update coming last night (something a Zazzle employee mentioned somewhere on the forum), and was really hoping it would fix this problem, but it does not appear that anything has changed. Is it just me, or are y'all still seeing the same problem here?
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:23:01 PM
Same here, still can't move around products in a collection and have it stick...
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:09:54 PM
I attempted to reorganize a collection today and it didn’t stick
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:21:57 AM
This issue of collections not being able to be organized is BEYOND frustrating!Christmas is coming and I have been working feverishly trying to add products and now I can't present them in a proper fashion. I have had this issue for at least three weeks with all of my collections and have tried using three different browsers. This makes me not want to even continue with this site. WHEN WILL THE ISSUE BE RESOLVED?
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:09:51 AM
Still not working and it makes adding to collections difficult particularly when you have a collection with all 26 letters. Having to hold off creating for the moment. Praying the tech team Love Grin will sort this issue out soon as possibly completely agree it is becoming highly frustrating.
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:35:28 AM
I'm also having this issue of not be able to organize my products in my collections the way I want them. I hope Zazzle support will get this issue resolved soon. It has been four weeks now. It has never taken them this long to get something wrong with their website fixed.
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:03:39 PM
For those that aren't aware, I work in the Engineering department as a member of the QA team.

We are sorry this hasn't been resolved just yet. We understand that this is an important feature to have running, but we're currently juggling a few projects at this time. I will be sure to provide an update on the status of this feature soon. Until then, I am going to lock this discussion and pin it to the top of the forum so that others can easily find this discussion and the workaround.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 8:41:20 PM
Should be fixed now.

Sorry it took so long.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 9:09:27 PM
Scott wrote:
Should be fixed now.

Sorry it took so long.

Yes, it works correctly now on my end. Thank you! Roses