Collection Image not updating after reorganizing.
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:45:52 AM
Can anyone tell my why the image isn't updating after I reorganize a collection?
Try to share using the LINK & the image comes up as the old image.
The image doesn't update if you reorganize or add new items.

Example: I have a collection for Holiday cards, I have added Valentine's Day cards but when trying to share Christmas cards are still showing up. I have reorganized the collections so Valentine's day are at the top, when I click on the link the picture show how I want it but when I go to post it still the old image Christmas cards. I have waited days thinking it would update.
This use to update as soon as you reorganized a collection.

When are they going to fix all the issues with sharing collections?

Thank you
Robin
Art Creations by R. Lamb
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 6:59:21 AM
Testing this on one of my own collections has worked. When i click on the share option, it shows the re arranged cards correctly.

Can you provide more information on the steps you taking, how your sharing and what you are sharing too, along with possible screenshots and I'd be happy to look into this further.
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:27:57 AM
So it sounds like you re-organized the ordering of the products in the collection, but that isn't sticking.

For instance, if I click 'organize' and then move some products from the middle of the collection to the front, then click 'done' everything will look fine. Then when I refresh the page the changes will be gone and the ordering will be exactly as it was before. It's as if the changes aren't saving.

That's what I'm seeing. I'll have that looked at.
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:08:18 AM
Ok, that might not actually be the issue.


Can you please provide a link to a collection which is not updating properly?
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:34:26 PM
Scott wrote:
Ok, that might not actually be the issue.


Can you please provide a link to a collection which is not updating properly?


This is one of the links I am trying to share & the image is not updating. I am having it happen on all my collections.

https://www.zazzle.com/collections/special_occasion_cards-119349115459937821?rf=238702903893507443&CMPN=share_d*&lang=en&social=true
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:41:02 PM
Scott wrote:
So it sounds like you re-organized the ordering of the products in the collection, but that isn't sticking.

For instance, if I click 'organize' and then move some products from the middle of the collection to the front, then click 'done' everything will look fine. Then when I refresh the page the changes will be gone and the ordering will be exactly as it was before. It's as if the changes aren't saving.

That's what I'm seeing. I'll have that looked at.


No that is not the problem when I add new items or reorganize it will look fine. When I copy the link & go to paste it to facebook the image is wrong still the old image.
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:42:32 PM
James wrote:
Testing this on one of my own collections has worked. When i click on the share option, it shows the re arranged cards correctly.

Can you provide more information on the steps you taking, how your sharing and what you are sharing too, along with possible screenshots and I'd be happy to look into this further.


I have photos but can't figure out how to upload them on here I clicked the image icon at the top but not letting me get to my photos on my computer.
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:13:22 PM
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:
James wrote:
Testing this on one of my own collections has worked. When i click on the share option, it shows the re arranged cards correctly.

Can you provide more information on the steps you taking, how your sharing and what you are sharing too, along with possible screenshots and I'd be happy to look into this further.


I have photos but can't figure out how to upload them on here I clicked the image icon at the top but not letting me get to my photos on my computer.


Upload your image to your Z image files, then open image, right click, and copy image address. Then post in here via the image icon.
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:05:43 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:
James wrote:
Testing this on one of my own collections has worked. When i click on the share option, it shows the re arranged cards correctly.

Can you provide more information on the steps you taking, how your sharing and what you are sharing too, along with possible screenshots and I'd be happy to look into this further.


I have photos but can't figure out how to upload them on here I clicked the image icon at the top but not letting me get to my photos on my computer.


Upload your image to your Z image files, then open image, right click, and copy image address. Then post in here via the image icon.


Sorry but I don't know what you mean by the Z image files??? Where do I find this Z image files?
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:10:02 PM
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:
James wrote:
Testing this on one of my own collections has worked. When i click on the share option, it shows the re arranged cards correctly.

Can you provide more information on the steps you taking, how your sharing and what you are sharing too, along with possible screenshots and I'd be happy to look into this further.


I have photos but can't figure out how to upload them on here I clicked the image icon at the top but not letting me get to my photos on my computer.


Upload your image to your Z image files, then open image, right click, and copy image address. Then post in here via the image icon.


Sorry but I don't know what you mean by the Z image files??? Where do I find this Z image files?


That is the area where you grab your images to put them on products. You can go straight to your image area via the upper dropdown, where your avatar is. Hover over it and, when the dropdown opens, look to the left for Images (it is listed between Collections and Saved Designs). You also can get to it via your profile. Images is one of the tabs listed. It will be between Collections and Stores.

ADDING:

By Z, I mean Zazzle. I just shorten it to the letter at times.
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:26:50 AM
ArtCreationsbyRLamb wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ok, that might not actually be the issue.


Can you please provide a link to a collection which is not updating properly?


This is one of the links I am trying to share & the image is not updating. I am having it happen on all my collections.

https://www.zazzle.com/collections/special_occasion_cards-119349115459937821?rf=238702903893507443&CMPN=share_d*&lang=en&social=true


I can see what's happening now. Will pass this on and see what we can find out. Thanks for explaining more.
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:27:56 AM
I am having this issue today. My new name, new keywords and new banner don't seem to stick. it keeps going back to the old name.
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 7:45:28 PM
Thanks for reporting. There's a few collections-related issues that we're reviewing right now.

Given that this discussion is a full year old, I'm going to lock it. The issues that affected collections last year probably aren't the cause of this new round of issues.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded