Changing text size via number box maddening!
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:41:02 PM
OK, so I'm not liking the new text box, so my go-to is changing the number in the text size box, and it's so tedious. For example, the text is size 500, I want to change it to 625, so I enter 625 and it goes down to 6. Then I put in the 25 after it, it goes to 62. Then, I have to put in the 5. Now I finally have, after 3 tries, 625. Yay for me.

Is this a tech issue, or a strategy? I hope it's not a strategy.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:09:53 PM
try 625.0

using the decimal point works for me
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:23:06 AM
And don't forget the 0 after the decimal or it will revert as well.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 6:26:30 AM
Roses Grin Thank you for sharing the "add the .0" after the number. I was wondering if it was just in Safari but it was happening even in Chrome.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 6:36:02 AM
Thanks, I'll try those suggestions.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:35:49 AM
It's been driving me nuts too, though my solution has been to type in a brand-new number as if there hadn't been a number there at all.
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 3:28:08 PM
I deleted a handful of posts. This discussion is about "Changing text size via number box maddening" and NOT "I don't like resizing behavior of the text box."

If you would like to leave feedback about why you do not like the updated text box resizing then please do so in the appropriate discussion thread. This will allow us to stay organized, and it'll make it easier for the Mod team to collect feedback and forward it along the appropriate team.

Also, we're able to reproduce this issue ourselves. I'll leave this discussion open for those that would like to discuss workarounds to the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 5:06:57 PM
I've had this problem for a while. I usually hit the spacebar after typing in the number, and that seems to work for me.