All Over Print Tank Tops: Pattern position shift in preview to print area
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 9:36:02 AM
·▽·

Am I designing that the print area looks right or the preview looks right?
I think I get the print area right, have you fix the preview ...

Happy
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:30:20 AM
Hi, what do you mean when you say the print area or the preview "looks" right? Can you provide more info on the issue and a link to the product in question. Happy to look into it then! Thanks Smile
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 3:38:15 AM
The design appears to have been enlarged in the preview, which therefore cuts out portions of the design on all sides.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:28:56 AM
Hi vivendulies,

Sorry but I can't seem to see a technical issue here. The preview may appear incorrect in comparison to the design tool but the issue seems to be with the way it is being modeled as part of the design is not displayed in the preview.

Hope that helps! Smile

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:55:05 AM
Padie wrote:
Hi vivendulies,

Sorry but I can't seem to see a technical issue here. The preview may appear incorrect in comparison to the design tool but the issue seems to be with the way it is being modeled as part of the design is not displayed in the preview.

Hope that helps! Smile

WOW! I'm baffled.

Sorry, my myopic view probably made things obvious to me, that isn't necessarily obvious to those who haven't seen the process of the creation.

oops! Laughing

Still true:
It is obvious that the print area creates an image where the black and white skulls align diagonal.

I since eliminated the shift by making the pattern in my image program and not use layers.

The black skull pattern and the white skull layer in the print area align, where as on the preview in the mock up they don't.

The black skull is a pattern tile.
The white skulls are single skulls each in its layer and on its own position.

This shift can only happen if you don't create the image to feed into the mock up first. Apparently each layer is fed into the mock up individually

It only shifts when you mix a pattern with a single layer. The pattern apparently has an X and Y that differs from the X and Y coordinates of single layers.

My design made this shift visible. I consider such a shift a flaw and a technical issue.

Here is the link: tank top with pattern

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:19:39 AM
Colorwash wrote:
The design appears to have been enlarged in the preview, which therefore cuts out portions of the design on all sides.

Sorry, you picked up on an irrelevant aspect.

I enlarged the preview so you don't have to strain your eyes, but the shift is present in the small preview on the lower right corner of the screenshot of the designer tool.

The designer tool shows how the pattern is constructed.

The black skull in the layer preview is a single skull (but a pattern on the area, ergo it must be a pattern) followed by a ton of white skulls, which is a hand dragged and dropped pattern by creating two lines single skull dragging and dropping and then drag those two lines and drop until the area is covered with equally spaced skulls.

Hold alt and drag duplicates a layer and where ever you release the mouse key the design element drops.

Grin

Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:33:04 PM
Here is another example:

I am creating a set of espadrilles, leggings and tank top with a matching pattern.

I started with the espadrilles, moved on to the leggings ...

and when I started the tank top, the difference in X Y coordinates from tiles to single design layers is tripping me up.

Tank top

The vertical lines need an adjustment, in the print area they're in the gap and therefor invisible in the tank top they're centered. Neither position is where I want them to be. Like in the espadrilles I want them to be the line width from the edge. Since I used zazzle filter with this design I will have a hard time to recreate this pattern in my local image editor.

I can easily enough adjust the position of the lines in the designer but I can't fix the mock up preview.

*sigh*
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:11:12 AM
Thanks so much for the explanation! I have passed this on the Gods that be Smile
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:14:26 PM
This seems to be an issue with sizing. The preview images show a size medium, even if you select a different size it will show the same medium sized version in the preview. It’s different for the design space, if you select a smaller or larger sized item of clothing it results in some changes on the design that won’t appear in the preview image!

Engineers are working on a fix, for now we would suggest uploading both skulls as one image and tiling that Roses
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:09:24 PM
James wrote:
This seems to be an issue with sizing. The preview images show a size medium, even if you select a different size it will show the same medium sized version in the preview. It’s different for the design space, if you select a smaller or larger sized item of clothing it results in some changes on the design that won’t appear in the preview image!

Engineers are working on a fix, for now we would suggest uploading both skulls as one image and tiling that Roses

I did just that as stated above and used the unisex tank top for the other set since recreating the vignette from the filter with a gradient to match is too much work, but I can't wait for the fix so I have a better fitting/coordinated set.

In any way ...