Search

Results
Topic: @JAMES simple question "Be Courteous"
Karen Coffelt Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:11:20 PM
Connie wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
James C wrote:
Hello Designers,

I am working on a response to the primary questions that have been raised. That response will include some clarifications in our user agreement and designer license agreement.

I understand your frustration, as it seems like nothing has progressed, but we have been busy trying to help make things more clear.

I will do more of a AMA style thread after the initial response. I wanted to make sure we have the primary questions addressed before we get into how it affects the details.

James C

Please add these questions to the list...

Why didn't you anticipate these questions from the start?

Why have we had to wait weeks wondering if we have to throw away years of work invested in this site?

Will you release your answers in time for us to figure out what we should do before November 22 and if not...

Will you please push the new terms farther out into the future...

After Christmas would be an excellent idea.

For some it is already too late.
and for others even with the corrected terms the broken trust is the main issue.

One more: Why do you always refuse to include opt outs for the new things you roll out? you like choice and control of your life don't you? well so do I.

+1 to all of these. Especially the last one.

I'm going to add my +1 to all of this, as well.
Topic: @JAMES simple question "Be Courteous"
Karen Coffelt Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:11:20 PM
Connie wrote:
James C wrote:
Hello Designers,

I am working on a response to the primary questions that have been raised. That response will include some clarifications in our user agreement and designer license agreement.

I understand your frustration, as it seems like nothing has progressed, but we have been busy trying to help make things more clear.

I will do more of a AMA style thread after the initial response. I wanted to make sure we have the primary questions addressed before we get into how it affects the details.

James C

Please add these questions to the list...

Why didn't you anticipate these questions from the start?

Why have we had to wait weeks wondering if we have to throw away years of work invested in this site?

Will you release your answers in time for us to figure out what we should do before November 22 and if not...

Will you please push the new terms farther out into the future...

After Christmas would be an excellent idea.

For some it is already too late.
and for others even with the corrected terms the broken trust is the main issue.

One more: Why do you always refuse to include opt outs for the new things you roll out? you like choice and control of your life don't you? well so do I.

+1 to all of these. Especially the last one.

I'm going to add my +1 to all of this, as well.
Topic: Copyright vulnerability in the new terms
Karen Coffelt Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:26:07 AM
So I've read just over half of this thread but had to stop due to time constraints. All of this really has me concerned. Don't know what to do now. I have added nearly 5K products to my store in the last almost 2 years and have logged in many hours doing so. I do not want anyone collaborating on my designs without my knowledge and then having them think they can do whatever they want with the new design, which incorporates my copyrighted image/design, which seems to be all perfectly legal if I'm understanding Zazzle's TOS correctly. Like Vivendulies, I feel like a deer in the headlights. I'm waiting rather impatiently to see if someone from Zazzle will leave a reply in this thread and maybe decide they need to reword the TOS or something.
Topic: Copyright vulnerability in the new terms
Karen Coffelt Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:26:07 AM
So I've read just over half of this thread but had to stop due to time constraints. All of this really has me concerned. Don't know what to do now. I have added nearly 5K products to my store in the last almost 2 years and have logged in many hours doing so. I do not want anyone collaborating on my designs without my knowledge and then having them think they can do whatever they want with the new design, which incorporates my copyrighted image/design, which seems to be all perfectly legal if I'm understanding Zazzle's TOS correctly. Like Vivendulies, I feel like a deer in the headlights. I'm waiting rather impatiently to see if someone from Zazzle will leave a reply in this thread and maybe decide they need to reword the TOS or something.
Topic: Re The New Policy Updates and Collaborative and Original Content
Karen Coffelt Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:04:56 PM
SquirrelHugger wrote:
NikolaTigerDesigns wrote:

Nope. Zazzle could pay out of their cut, or charge the customer extra, and let us keep our entire royalty.

I don't have a problem with giving away free stuff, especially if it's an opt-in program ... but I strongly disagree with forcing others who don't choose to opt-in to pay for it. If you see value in giving away freebies, then do so, but give it away for FREE. But not as part of a revenue-sharing arrangement over which others have no say or choice.

+1

Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
- If they want to add something from another designer's "Create" offerings, make that an upcharge, and give the "Create" designer some portion of the upcharge instead.

But do not take it from my royalty. I didn't do less work.

^^This^^ I, personally, do not like the idea of having to give up 25% of my royalty to another designer because a customer decided to use that other designer's element to add to my design. However, I don't think this will happen all that often, or at least I'm hoping that will turn out to be the case, so I will continue to leave customization on for all of my products, since I don't want to limit myself in terms of sales.

PawsitiveDesigns wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

Just a little side note:

"zazzle designer license terms 11/22/2019" wrote:

You represent that:

● You are the owner of the Content or that the Content is in the public domain;

● You have the legal right grant this license to Zazzle and to enter into this Agreement;

Doesn't work with licenses that forbid explicit the download either because it creates a conflicting clause with the download permission.

Well then, that's quite clear. It appears that either a lot of designs are about to be deleted from Zazzle or there will be a lot of Zazzle designers in violation of the ToS. Sad.

I'm thinking that the above quote from the upcoming ToS refers only to images by Designers that are uploaded into Create for customers to use for adding on to our designs. I don't think our designs that are currently in the marketplace are subject to this, are they? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Those images uploaded by designers into Create for the customer's use have to be the designer's own original designs. They can't take something from Pixabay, for example, and upload it to Create, but that same image from Pixabay (as long as it was posted there prior to Jan. 1, 2019 when they no longer are allowing use of the images as-is) can be used to make a design we can post for sale in the marketplace. I think I have that right.

After all is said and done the simple solution remains, give us opt outs and let us make our own choices. I don’t understand why that even has to be said.

I couldn't agree with more on that, Shelli, although when it comes to collaboration, I believe we have a choice on whether or not we want to enter into one, if I'm understanding that correctly. The other things we don't have a choice in the matter (25% of our royalty being given to the secondary content designer if a customer adds secondary content to our designs; whether or not we want to have chat, etc.)