Search

Results
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:03:03 PM
Vanilla Primrose wrote:
Per request from James I am re-posting this here.

Now that I've had my first Zazzle Chat experience, IMO it needs improving. It has potential to help sales for those who want to respond through it BUT in my opinion it has equal potential to HURT sales, maybe not so much for Zazzle, but for designers. Z has said there will be no option to turn it off. It's up to the designer as to whether they reply or not. Can it at least be "tuned up?" .

What do you think of when you hear "chat?" A lot of people think of instant communications. I think of "instant messenger." Many people are going to think of "chat" as one on one, real-time communications.

On Facebook, there is a little green dot indicating that a person is online. Another service I use has, on the chat icon, "chat available" or "chat unavailable."
At LEAST put at the top of where people type some kind of bold and maybe colorful print notice that the designer may not be online but that a message can be left for them. PLEASE.

For someone to message without being aware of how the current system works and not get a timely response can make for bad customer relations. It may not hurt Z - the person might just find another product, but it sure can leave a bad impression of the designer through no fault of the designer, and because of something they have no control over.

Right after Christmas someone tried to contact me. First there was "Hi designer, I have a question about your product: xxxxxxx" THREE TIMES. Then they asked could I change some wording, then said what they would like the wording changed to. I logged in to see the message - four hours later. I IMMEDIATELY responded, apologizing for the delay in answering, said I had not been online, and that to give me a little bit and I'd send them a direct link to the reworded item. And, I did that. Turned out I had to remake it - the changes couldn't be done as it was but the link was still sent to them within 1 1/2 hours. While I was at it I made it so they could change the font and background colors if they wanted to. A week later there has been no further contact from the person, no sale either.

They may not have made a purchase anyway, but putting myself in the shoes of a potential customer I tend to feel that they may have felt ignored and said to heck with it.
This did not make a good first impression with Z chat for me, either. This experience leaves me wondering if, as things stand now, it's worth the bother to drop "real life" to accomodate 'potential' customers if I'm not actually online to immediately communicat3e when the message comes across.

Please, Z, can you at least let people contacting designers know that this isn't necessarily instant chat?!?

A big +1 to that!
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:03:03 PM
Vanilla Primrose wrote:
Per request from James I am re-posting this here.

Now that I've had my first Zazzle Chat experience, IMO it needs improving. It has potential to help sales for those who want to respond through it BUT in my opinion it has equal potential to HURT sales, maybe not so much for Zazzle, but for designers. Z has said there will be no option to turn it off. It's up to the designer as to whether they reply or not. Can it at least be "tuned up?" .

What do you think of when you hear "chat?" A lot of people think of instant communications. I think of "instant messenger." Many people are going to think of "chat" as one on one, real-time communications.

On Facebook, there is a little green dot indicating that a person is online. Another service I use has, on the chat icon, "chat available" or "chat unavailable."
At LEAST put at the top of where people type some kind of bold and maybe colorful print notice that the designer may not be online but that a message can be left for them. PLEASE.

For someone to message without being aware of how the current system works and not get a timely response can make for bad customer relations. It may not hurt Z - the person might just find another product, but it sure can leave a bad impression of the designer through no fault of the designer, and because of something they have no control over.

Right after Christmas someone tried to contact me. First there was "Hi designer, I have a question about your product: xxxxxxx" THREE TIMES. Then they asked could I change some wording, then said what they would like the wording changed to. I logged in to see the message - four hours later. I IMMEDIATELY responded, apologizing for the delay in answering, said I had not been online, and that to give me a little bit and I'd send them a direct link to the reworded item. And, I did that. Turned out I had to remake it - the changes couldn't be done as it was but the link was still sent to them within 1 1/2 hours. While I was at it I made it so they could change the font and background colors if they wanted to. A week later there has been no further contact from the person, no sale either.

They may not have made a purchase anyway, but putting myself in the shoes of a potential customer I tend to feel that they may have felt ignored and said to heck with it.
This did not make a good first impression with Z chat for me, either. This experience leaves me wondering if, as things stand now, it's worth the bother to drop "real life" to accomodate 'potential' customers if I'm not actually online to immediately communicat3e when the message comes across.

Please, Z, can you at least let people contacting designers know that this isn't necessarily instant chat?!?

A big +1 to that!
Topic: Text Boxes
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:55:11 AM
This was brought up in the tech issues forum. Zingerbug mentioned you can set your text box to the width that you want and then change the font size where it says size for the font on the left in the design tool. It works just fine, but I hope Z hasn't decided to change it to stay that way, as the other was was much easier.
Topic: Text Boxes
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:55:11 AM
This was brought up in the tech issues forum. Zingerbug mentioned you can set your text box to the width that you want and then change the font size where it says size for the font on the left in the design tool. It works just fine, but I hope Z hasn't decided to change it to stay that way, as the other was was much easier.
Topic: Resizing text box on pens
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:28:16 AM
ZingerBug wrote:
wuyfavors wrote:

This is different as I'm grabbing the correct anchor point to resize the box, not the text. I've tried it on other products and I'm getting the same problem.

Ooooooh! You're right. Hmmm.... Well, at least you can still change the font size by entering a number. I wonder if this is a bug or if they're changing the way text boxes work again.

Zinger, thanks for letting us know we can change the font size without changing the size of the box. I was having the same issue today as everyone else and came here to see what was up with that. As you are, I'm wondering if they are changing the way text boxes work again.