Search

Results
Topic: New Website....Please, do tell!
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:03:39 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jerry Lambert wrote:
One critique that I have is that the search field/bar/box should be framed. It isn't obvious until you click into it. I'm just not certain that the humans are quite ready for an invisible search box.

Google's search bar is framed, so is Bing's and eBay's and Amazon's and Youtube's and Yahoo!'s and Twitters' and Facebook's and pretty much every other site that has a search box. I have noticed many sites that have started omitting the search button in recent times, but none have 86ed the box just yet. I understand that Zazzle likes to innovate, but an invisible, non-intuitive search box is a tad too bold for 2019 imho.

Yeah, the frame only appears after you click it... and the wording "what do you want to make today" is not indicative that this is a search box for a marketplace of products either... maybe I am just too old school for this brave new web... idk.

On the positive side it does look streamlined and clean... maybe if the shading was a little more obvious then it wouldn't look as strange not having a frame.

I had no problem finding the search box, but I was thrown off by the "what do you want to make today". It wasn't clear to me that this was a search box to search for designs in the MP.
Topic: New Website....Please, do tell!
Karen Coffelt Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:03:39 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jerry Lambert wrote:
One critique that I have is that the search field/bar/box should be framed. It isn't obvious until you click into it. I'm just not certain that the humans are quite ready for an invisible search box.

Google's search bar is framed, so is Bing's and eBay's and Amazon's and Youtube's and Yahoo!'s and Twitters' and Facebook's and pretty much every other site that has a search box. I have noticed many sites that have started omitting the search button in recent times, but none have 86ed the box just yet. I understand that Zazzle likes to innovate, but an invisible, non-intuitive search box is a tad too bold for 2019 imho.

Yeah, the frame only appears after you click it... and the wording "what do you want to make today" is not indicative that this is a search box for a marketplace of products either... maybe I am just too old school for this brave new web... idk.

On the positive side it does look streamlined and clean... maybe if the shading was a little more obvious then it wouldn't look as strange not having a frame.

I had no problem finding the search box, but I was thrown off by the "what do you want to make today". It wasn't clear to me that this was a search box to search for designs in the MP.
Topic: store to store
Karen Coffelt Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 8:43:33 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Sandra Stowell wrote:
Yes!! This is a huge pain in the __! I started with one store, and now would like to have two different stores, and have about a dozen products I would like to move.

It is very sad/stupid that I need to delete and re-create these, rather than just moving them.

Recreating isn't necessary. As was mentioned in the first post: Just Customize into a new product, choosing the store you want on the Post For Sale page, and then get rid of the original. It only takes a moment.

Unfortunately, when you have umpteen products you want to move to a different store, it takes a lot longer than a moment.
Topic: store to store
Karen Coffelt Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 8:43:33 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Sandra Stowell wrote:
Yes!! This is a huge pain in the __! I started with one store, and now would like to have two different stores, and have about a dozen products I would like to move.

It is very sad/stupid that I need to delete and re-create these, rather than just moving them.

Recreating isn't necessary. As was mentioned in the first post: Just Customize into a new product, choosing the store you want on the Post For Sale page, and then get rid of the original. It only takes a moment.

Unfortunately, when you have umpteen products you want to move to a different store, it takes a lot longer than a moment.
Topic: Z Rank - Going for a 10
Karen Coffelt Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 8:33:59 PM
Nice to know a Z rank of 9 is achievable. I don't know if there's a Z10. I try to add something to my store every day. You have some great media photos in your store. I would like to add more like that. One area I'm lacking in is social media promotion, although other people are promoting my products, probably Z associates, as the majority of my sales are through 3rd party. Keep up the good work!