Search

Results
Topic: Hey Colorwash... are you okay?
Colorwash Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 3:22:02 AM
Shelli, in desperation to watch something the other day, I tuned into QVC where they had the newest Kindle Fire up for grabs. If I'm remembering correctly, it was going for $99. However and as you're thinking, you may be better off waiting to get an iPad. I'd get the basic model, but I really want the bigger screen on the iPad Air.

I live on a dirt road where there are five homes. One of the neighbors had to have shoulder surgery recently and is now in physical therapy. Another fell and broke her wrist and is in for surgery, after which, she'll need physical therapy. I'll be in therapy approximately two weeks from now. My question is this: Why couldn't the three of us been up for physical therapy all at the same time? We could have car-pooled. :-)
Topic: Shelli in OK -- Hope you are okay
Colorwash Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:09:49 PM
ALMOUNT wrote:
We live about 25 miles South of St. Louis and 5 miles west of the Mississippi on high ground.
Lots of road closures and some homes flooded, but I have seen it much worse.

The worst I ever saw (not personally) was what happened as a result of Hurricane Katrina. It made me happy to live in the Northeast where, sure, we get the occasional blizzard and perhaps the tail end of a hurricane (flooding with that), but nothing like happens elsewhere.

Hats are off to those of you living in areas targeted by monster storms. I don't know how you escape nervous breakdowns.
Topic: Shelli in OK -- Hope you are okay
Colorwash Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:03:16 AM
Watching the news this morning, all I can see is disaster, but at least they also showed bits of good news in there, and you just now added a bit more of the good.

People have lost their homes and livelihoods. Along the Mississippi, they can't get help from FEMA until the waters recede. I can't imagine going through what everyone is going through.
Colorwash Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:18:31 AM
Around here, only my husband and son knew anything about any of it because I didn't want phone calls, or worse, visits. If you've ever been really sick or in the hospital feeling like hell, and people, thinking they're doing the right thing by dropping in to "cheer you up," then you know just what I'm talking about. BUT, here on the forum, it's different and really nice. Thank you so much for cheering me up!

Roses

As for this tablet business, yesterday I tried to turn on my husband's fully charged iPad and it was one very dead little bunny. It would probably cost more to fix than to replace. So, I'll be buying him a new one for Father's Day while buying myself the iPad Air. Maybe I'll hold off on the keyboard part until I've researched more. The reviews are confusing.

@Shelli: I had once considered the Kindle Fire, then realized I wanted a tablet that could do a bit more. You need a new one, by the way. Maybe Christmas?
Colorwash Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:18:31 AM
Around here, only my husband and son knew anything about any of it because I didn't want phone calls, or worse, visits. If you've ever been really sick or in the hospital feeling like hell, and people, thinking they're doing the right thing by dropping in to "cheer you up," then you know just what I'm talking about. BUT, here on the forum, it's different and really nice. Thank you so much for cheering me up!

Roses

As for this tablet business, yesterday I tried to turn on my husband's fully charged iPad and it was one very dead little bunny. It would probably cost more to fix than to replace. So, I'll be buying him a new one for Father's Day while buying myself the iPad Air. Maybe I'll hold off on the keyboard part until I've researched more. The reviews are confusing.

@Shelli: I had once considered the Kindle Fire, then realized I wanted a tablet that could do a bit more. You need a new one, by the way. Maybe Christmas?