Search

Results
Topic: No sales
josef12 Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 9:19:50 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, then there are those of us who use analytics and data to support a position. Do as you like. All I can do is share the mountains of data I have built in my 6 years here.

Good luck either way.

Jo

Topic: No sales
josef12 Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 8:22:03 PM
Promotion is not really recommended for new sellers, actually. Focus on your work by making quality products that are moderately priced and they'll get picked up by affiliates such as myself. You'll never be able to drive any meaningful traffic just starting out, especially from the non-converting commercially available social sites.

Also don't spend a bunch of time making your store front pretty. They are the least trafficked pages on the site and can be a huge waste of time for new sellers. Zazzle has completely de-emphasized them over the years because they have the lowest conversion rates.

Focus on building great products and the rest will come. There's also no magic number. We are close to one of the platinum ProSellers and she has fewer than 250 products.

Jo
Topic: Z Store Builder Feed gone down again?
josef12 Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:41:06 PM
No problem. Hope you get it resolved.

Jo
Topic: Is my work that crappy...?
josef12 Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:27:53 PM
As AugieDoggy said your store is off to a pretty good start. However there are several things that would help. Also you have only been on the site for less than 30 days. As anyone who has been here for years will tell you, this is a marathon and not a sprint. Nothing happens without time and effort.

In order of importance from an affiliate's perspective.

After a cursory review your royalties are far too high for most affiliates and Zazzle to ever chose them. This is important to new store owners because someone needs to get the word out. If you can do it successfully on your own then keeping a near 30% royalty is OK. If not you'll need to trim that by almost half for us or most affiliates to touch your work. Zazzle is also shifting their efforts to focus on products that are marked at 15% or less in their simple weekly onsite sales. Their Amazon and Google feeds also only feature products that are 20% and lower.

You'll need to watch the layout of your products. This one isn't centered and you've left the entire inside blank.
http://www.zazzle.com/for_you_greeting_card-137352429979402824

Your images might also need an update. Your intention might have been to create a shadow but to me this just looks blurry.
http://www.zazzle.com/do_not_open_a_can_of_worms-135935037379013306

You also might want to consider focusing on just African photography. Your posters are good there just aren't enough of them. About a third of our affiliated sales are posters and wrapped canvases. A properly configured niche store is always a welcome sight to affiliates who know what to do with it.

Good luck and I will stop by to check on you in the next 90 days. Right now you have very little to offer an affiliate.

Jo
Topic: Enlarged View With Magnifying Glass Not Working
josef12 Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:19:33 PM
I think if you search you'll find other threads with various behaviors described.

Jo