Search

Results
Topic: Site Offering Zazzle Images for Free
Mariah Roelfs Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 8:19:01 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Mariah Roelfs wrote:
Accept it being stolen, or stop posting.

Those are not the only two choices we have.

It kind of is though, unless the host of the website does something about these kinds of blogs. And Amazon, and we all know so many Zazzlers did not create their art from scratch. You can claim "public domain" but stealing is stealing.
Mariah Roelfs Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 8:17:06 AM
somethingartish wrote:
No discussion required. If someone steals my stuff and I find out about it, I WILL pursue my rights, regardless of anyone else' opinions about it.

If someone else chooses not to pursue their rights, that's certainly their prerogative. But do NOT presume to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I am the boss of me and my business.

Can you afford a lawyer? Each and every time someone takes your art?
Or will you continue to make new and better art and let the old ones go?
If you can afford a lawyer for a website that I am going to assume a high school kid made, fight for it. Though I feel your time, money and emotions will be better put to use by making more money.
Mariah Roelfs Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 8:13:10 AM
You can protect your home. That is private.
Putting your art on the internet is like putting your 10 thousand dollar new laptop on skid road and walking away for a few weeks.
If your art was saved on your computer hard drive never posted online, but stolen. That is different.
Put it on Zazzle.
Yep, it WILL be taken. Accept it being stolen, or stop posting.
Mariah Roelfs Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 8:08:06 AM
This is just one website, it needs to go way beyond this if we are going to care. These websites are being created by highschool students and people in third world countries. Amazon sellers steal our art too. This is a conversation issue. Trying to bring down one website is a waste of time when there are literally millons.
Mariah Roelfs Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 7:56:42 AM
I always knew and have thought that once your art is online anyone and everyone WILL take it.
If it is not this website, it is hundreds of others. Accept the loss. Or stop posting. This is not the only website that is taking our art.