Search

Results
Topic: In A Complete Funk...
Kelly @ CS Invitations Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:33:26 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Kelly @ CS Invitations wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Jerry wrote:
The weather in January is usually a factor in de-stressing from the holidays. But it has been strangely warm and sunny here in the mountains. We have had hardly any snow at all this winter. There have been a couple of very windy and rainy days, but the air was warm. It is 60 degrees outside right now, blue skies and sunny... in the middle of January. Normally it would be gray skies, 19 degrees and the ground would be covered with ice and snow here in the middle of January.

I'm much farther north, and we had quite the January thaw, which happens every year, but this one was spectacular with temps close to seventy. I rather like winter, but I bet it raised the spirits of lots of people in the area.

Same here. The Winter has been mild here in CT with a 70 degree day on Sunday so the cold weather isn't as much a factor. The lack of light however...that messes with me tremendously!

All good replies and suggestions. I am trying not to force it, but I will occasionally sit down, start something...hate it.. and delete it..lol. I walk away and return to my hibernation. During the day I work a ridiculously boring office sales job that has been sucking up most of my time so that could be it also. I think I need a little physical exercise. I am getting ready (in the next few months) to open a little shop on my property that is attached to my barn. I will be selling my soy candles and hopefully goats milk soap, my veggies from my green house and property and fresh chicken and duck eggs. I am really excited for that so hopefully that will take my mind off of my Zazzle block and eventually create new ideas.

That's wonderful! You have all kinds of things to look forward to. Have you been working on the shop, getting it spruced up?

So far planning out what I want where, paint for walls, decor. My 12 year old daughter has a knack for sewing and she makes horse tail bags that she wants to sell along with aprons and hair scrunchies..lol we will have an eclectic mix of items.for sure.
Kelly @ CS Invitations Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:33:26 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Kelly @ CS Invitations wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Jerry wrote:
The weather in January is usually a factor in de-stressing from the holidays. But it has been strangely warm and sunny here in the mountains. We have had hardly any snow at all this winter. There have been a couple of very windy and rainy days, but the air was warm. It is 60 degrees outside right now, blue skies and sunny... in the middle of January. Normally it would be gray skies, 19 degrees and the ground would be covered with ice and snow here in the middle of January.

I'm much farther north, and we had quite the January thaw, which happens every year, but this one was spectacular with temps close to seventy. I rather like winter, but I bet it raised the spirits of lots of people in the area.

Same here. The Winter has been mild here in CT with a 70 degree day on Sunday so the cold weather isn't as much a factor. The lack of light however...that messes with me tremendously!

All good replies and suggestions. I am trying not to force it, but I will occasionally sit down, start something...hate it.. and delete it..lol. I walk away and return to my hibernation. During the day I work a ridiculously boring office sales job that has been sucking up most of my time so that could be it also. I think I need a little physical exercise. I am getting ready (in the next few months) to open a little shop on my property that is attached to my barn. I will be selling my soy candles and hopefully goats milk soap, my veggies from my green house and property and fresh chicken and duck eggs. I am really excited for that so hopefully that will take my mind off of my Zazzle block and eventually create new ideas.

That's wonderful! You have all kinds of things to look forward to. Have you been working on the shop, getting it spruced up?

So far planning out what I want where, paint for walls, decor. My 12 year old daughter has a knack for sewing and she makes horse tail bags that she wants to sell along with aprons and hair scrunchies..lol we will have an eclectic mix of items.for sure.
Kelly @ CS Invitations Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:50:02 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Kelly @ CS Invitations Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:50:02 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Kelly @ CS Invitations Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:56:46 AM
Does this time of year put anyone else into a complete funk? It happens every year at this time. I cannot get myself to even try designing anything because I feel like a vacuum has sucked all the life and any creativity out of me.

Signed -
Desperately Seeking Spring.