Search

Results
Topic: Setting royalty rates and referral advice
Bill Herrin Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 11:34:38 AM
Shelli and Fuzzy...thanks for the insights. I re-read my post, and just wanted to say that cards have been less of a focus lately, and higher ticket items are now my primary goal. I'm having some success, but just can't see spending more than I've made for a store evaluation or consultant (Elke Clarke, etc) to make it happen...trial and error, and better tagging, etc. for me!
As a career graphic designer/creative director, I enjoy the work, but would really like to make some money with it
Bill Herrin Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 11:34:38 AM
Shelli and Fuzzy...thanks for the insights. I re-read my post, and just wanted to say that cards have been less of a focus lately, and higher ticket items are now my primary goal. I'm having some success, but just can't see spending more than I've made for a store evaluation or consultant (Elke Clarke, etc) to make it happen...trial and error, and better tagging, etc. for me!
As a career graphic designer/creative director, I enjoy the work, but would really like to make some money with it
Bill Herrin Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 9:17:47 AM
Hello, I made the mistake (sorta) of creating greeting cards for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. first...I sell them pretty steadily, but they are cards that most folks would buy one for a specific person. I have done some holiday cards, and done ok so far...my question is this - I hear chatter about keeping your "across the board" royalty rate below 15% to be featured or promoted by Zazzle...I have a flat 15% setting right now. Would 14.99% bring me more traffic?

Secondly, are many of you promoting online to get an add'l 15% referral? I need to do that, but have not yet. I feel that social media has not helped me at all...but targeted searches (including google) pull many of my products up on page 1.

Advice would be most appreciated!

Bill
Bill Herrin Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 9:17:47 AM
Hello, I made the mistake (sorta) of creating greeting cards for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. first...I sell them pretty steadily, but they are cards that most folks would buy one for a specific person. I have done some holiday cards, and done ok so far...my question is this - I hear chatter about keeping your "across the board" royalty rate below 15% to be featured or promoted by Zazzle...I have a flat 15% setting right now. Would 14.99% bring me more traffic?

Secondly, are many of you promoting online to get an add'l 15% referral? I need to do that, but have not yet. I feel that social media has not helped me at all...but targeted searches (including google) pull many of my products up on page 1.

Advice would be most appreciated!

Bill
Topic: Design Transfer Beta Test Part 2
Bill Herrin Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2018 10:51:38 AM
I understand this is a beta test, but I don't have it on my store...do you have to be a certain level of seller to be a part of this? Just wondering....thanks