Search

Results
Topic: Two Questions
Josh B Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 6:46:59 PM
@Col's - Now I know that my views are being skewed by other promoters because they have to view my product before they share. (Only if they hand pick and don't use a auto selection program) So now I don't know if I am getting "lots" of views on a product because a customer bought or almost bought the product, or because a promoter decided it was good enough to promote. So now I don't know if the design is almost good enough for a customer to buy, or if it is great and promoters are viewing it to promote it. My view counter doesn't give me information that separates the two. It didn't before, I know, but as a promoter I knew there were a lot of products that I didn't have to go to the product page to know the design is something that I wanted to promote. I imagined that other promoters operate in the same way. So views were customers, not promoters. Now, views will be a mix of both because we can't share from a product page.

@Viv - In stores that I am displaying my art/designs for the joy of designing and sharing, all your points are valid. But for stores where I am designing with the sole purpose of selling they don't.

I think that "counters" under all the share options and like options would be great info for us to have. That information could really help designers "see" what customers/promoters are interested in. Plus that data and view data could be compared and we could make better decisions about product revisions. But that would be a huge ask since most of our stats are wonky at this time. (Simply stating a fact, not complaining.)

In any event, Zazzle Crew has enough on their hands right now with the collections issues. I hope that my points make sense to them and that sometime in the future they make changes that allow promoters that hand pick products to be able to do so faster. I know it would make me happy and that it would allow me to promote more.

Smile
Josh B Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 10:05:30 AM
@Col's - When I see one of my products that keeps getting views but doesn't sell, I think to myself, "This product/design is so close to being a seller. What can I do to make it just a little bit better, so that it will sell and not just get looked at." And I've adjusted a few designs and had them sell. Now, I won't know if I need to adjust the design, or if people are promoting it because it is great.

@fuzzy - For me at least, if I can't say wow to a design/product based off the little blow up preview on a search or product page then its a no go for promotion. I do open up some to get closer looks and often those don't get promoted... And I have some basic rules I follow for certain products that easily allow me to filter what I will promote. ie. a white background on the design side of a baby burp cloth... 98% of the time I won't promote. I just don't think it sells...
Josh B Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 10:05:30 AM
@Col's - When I see one of my products that keeps getting views but doesn't sell, I think to myself, "This product/design is so close to being a seller. What can I do to make it just a little bit better, so that it will sell and not just get looked at." And I've adjusted a few designs and had them sell. Now, I won't know if I need to adjust the design, or if people are promoting it because it is great.

@fuzzy - For me at least, if I can't say wow to a design/product based off the little blow up preview on a search or product page then its a no go for promotion. I do open up some to get closer looks and often those don't get promoted... And I have some basic rules I follow for certain products that easily allow me to filter what I will promote. ie. a white background on the design side of a baby burp cloth... 98% of the time I won't promote. I just don't think it sells...
Topic: collection links go to Zazzle "Trending Collections" page
Josh B Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 8:44:22 AM
My collections on Pinterest are linking the same way... not to the collection itself, but to the trending collections page.

example pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433658281543/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433658285147/
Topic: collection links go to Zazzle "Trending Collections" page
Josh B Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 8:44:22 AM
My collections on Pinterest are linking the same way... not to the collection itself, but to the trending collections page.

example pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433658281543/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/801570433658285147/