Search

Results
Topic: Re The New Policy Updates and Collaborative and Original Content
FischerFineArts Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:29:33 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
FischerFineArts wrote:
I will not be adding any content to the create tool. Any content added there will be downloadable at no cost and at high print resolutions.

Any content you do add to it, consider it public domain from now on and make sure you have the rights in the first place to release the rights when you contribute it.

I don't understand why an artist would want to give their work away for free? When I received the email and started reading it, my first thought was, "Oh, this might be cool and a lot of my patterns might work well for this!" ...

...then I got to the point where it said users could DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE. Wait, what???! Why would this even be allowed with no compensation to a designer? What am I missing here? What are customers allowed to do with the downloads? Where are those TOU's and what licensing rights would I be giving up for allowing free downloads?

you will give up your copyrights as far as what the person who downloads it can do with your content... there is no agreement when downloading from the create tool. I know because before all this (when it first came out) I used it to make media ads with. When you hit the download button it downloads the file with no agreements whatsoever about how you can use it.

Then I see no incentive whatsoever to contribute images to it, unless there is something I am totally missing.
FischerFineArts Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:29:33 AM
FischerFineArts wrote:
I will not be adding any content to the create tool. Any content added there will be downloadable at no cost and at high print resolutions.

Any content you do add to it, consider it public domain from now on and make sure you have the rights in the first place to release the rights when you contribute it.

I don't understand why an artist would want to give their work away for free? When I received the email and started reading it, my first thought was, "Oh, this might be cool and a lot of my patterns might work well for this!" ...

...then I got to the point where it said users could DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE. Wait, what???! Why would this even be allowed with no compensation to a designer? What am I missing here? What are customers allowed to do with the downloads? Where are those TOU's and what licensing rights would I be giving up for allowing free downloads?

you will give up your copyrights as far as what the person who downloads it can do with your content... there is no agreement when downloading from the create tool. I know because before all this (when it first came out) I used it to make media ads with. When you hit the download button it downloads the file with no agreements whatsoever about how you can use it.

Then I see no incentive whatsoever to contribute images to it, unless there is something I am totally missing.
FischerFineArts Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:24:53 AM

FischerFineArts Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:24:53 AM

Topic: Nautical Pillows Wanted
FischerFineArts Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:55:55 AM

https://www.zazzle.com/z/la5vk?rf=238712212372314229