Search

Results
Topic: Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread
Catnip Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:54:59 AM
I don’t fault anyone who decides to ignore messages completely. It’s true that it leaves a negative impression, and could affect our businesses. But Zazzle has forced those of us who don’t want to chat into this awkward position where we’re going to suffer negative consequences of some kind whether we engage with customers or not. It’s the bad rep/lost sales/guilty feelings of ignoring messages vs the various stresses & inconveniences that come from having to deal with them. To me, the fact that a question is easy and quick to answer is beside the point. It’s the principle of the thing. Nobody should feel guilt-tripped into fulfilling a customer support role they didn’t sign up for.
Catnip Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:27:21 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Since you still haven't given us our requested opt out (and it is now one week since this whole thing started) I have added a blurb to the about section of all my stores at the top where hopefully some customers will see it and it might be some sort of damage control.

It lets them know I am not available to chat.

This is a poor substitute for the opt out that should be standard practice with any an all features, whether old or new.

Good idea, I've just done the same thing. Hopefully nobody will contact me from a product page. And yes, we shouldn’t need to do this.
Catnip Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:27:21 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Since you still haven't given us our requested opt out (and it is now one week since this whole thing started) I have added a blurb to the about section of all my stores at the top where hopefully some customers will see it and it might be some sort of damage control.

It lets them know I am not available to chat.

This is a poor substitute for the opt out that should be standard practice with any an all features, whether old or new.

Good idea, I've just done the same thing. Hopefully nobody will contact me from a product page. And yes, we shouldn’t need to do this.
Catnip Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:41:20 AM
I want to be able to opt out of receiving email notifications about messages. I just don’t want to deal with any of this.
Catnip Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:41:20 AM
I want to be able to opt out of receiving email notifications about messages. I just don’t want to deal with any of this.