Search

Results
Topic: James' announcement in News Forum 11/13/19 10:46 pm
Steph M Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:34:15 AM
Well, even if Zazzle do sort out all the gliches in the agreement that everyone has raised,the way this has been done leaves a bad taste in my mouth and no trust now in Zazzle.Sad
Topic: James' announcement in News Forum 11/13/19 10:46 pm
Steph M Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:34:15 AM
Well, even if Zazzle do sort out all the gliches in the agreement that everyone has raised,the way this has been done leaves a bad taste in my mouth and no trust now in Zazzle.Sad
Topic: Negative Consequences vs. Positive Actions
Steph M Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 5:29:17 AM
One of the things I liked about Zazzle was being able to offer designs like wedding invites that people could alter to suit their needs. Most other PODs only allow (so far in my experience anyway) you to upload a complete design and that's it, no text fields the customer can alter as they need.

I'm wary now that doing anything except switching customisation off will result in copyright vulnerability. The fun of Zazzle is no more for me. Maybe Zazzle policy bods could offer a layman's simple guide for especially relatively new (2 years) designers like me, in plain language that doesn't require a law degree, so we know exactly what it means for us and the customer. The current bumbled Terms just frustrate and confuse (me anyway).

I too thank RoyK, Shelli and all the 'old hands' here for their guidance and explanations. If I stay, I also do not want to be an unpaid sales rep - I work part-time in UK health services and that's enough public interaction for me, thanks.
I joined Zazzle to hopefully make a bit of pin money and build on this for when I retire, to maybe supplement a pension, not be looking over my shoulder worrying about stolen designs, losing royalty % and so on.
Topic: Negative Consequences vs. Positive Actions
Steph M Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 5:29:17 AM
One of the things I liked about Zazzle was being able to offer designs like wedding invites that people could alter to suit their needs. Most other PODs only allow (so far in my experience anyway) you to upload a complete design and that's it, no text fields the customer can alter as they need.

I'm wary now that doing anything except switching customisation off will result in copyright vulnerability. The fun of Zazzle is no more for me. Maybe Zazzle policy bods could offer a layman's simple guide for especially relatively new (2 years) designers like me, in plain language that doesn't require a law degree, so we know exactly what it means for us and the customer. The current bumbled Terms just frustrate and confuse (me anyway).

I too thank RoyK, Shelli and all the 'old hands' here for their guidance and explanations. If I stay, I also do not want to be an unpaid sales rep - I work part-time in UK health services and that's enough public interaction for me, thanks.
I joined Zazzle to hopefully make a bit of pin money and build on this for when I retire, to maybe supplement a pension, not be looking over my shoulder worrying about stolen designs, losing royalty % and so on.
Topic: Don't Want Collaboration, How Do I Close My Shops?
Steph M Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 2:09:07 AM
The bulk of my designs were wedding stationery and birthday cards where the customer obviously needs to be able to add their own name/wedding venue details etc, so I guess if I re-do them I will need to have customization 'on', which I understand causes the copyright problem if someone saves and 'fiddles' with my design? I'm confused now. All art I use is my own so copyright issue over using purchased clips is not a thing for me.

I'm hanging on with pretty empty shops now to see how this all pans out.I wonder how such a major company as Zazzle could make such a mess with this new agreement, given it's their business surely to know about issues such as as copyright. Why was this not made watertight before it was launched and caused so much stress and upheaval? Crying