Search

Results
Topic: James' announcement in News Forum 11/13/19 10:46 pm
Connie Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:25:40 PM
While James' explanation is a tiny step in the right direction (at least it seems that they are actually considering some of what we've been trying to tell them!) adding a few words to the agreement doesn't solve the problems. The whole collaboration section has to be rewritten. Initiators should only be allowed to claim copyright if they are starting with a blank product, not the marketplace products. And they have to make it clear that it doesn't apply retroactively, because they can't change the legally binding contract between us and them regarding the designs we've already made. Furthermore, we really need an opt-out! Even if they made it so that the designer has to approve the "collaboration" first, that would be a step in the right direction.
Topic: James' announcement in News Forum 11/13/19 10:46 pm
Connie Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:25:40 PM
While James' explanation is a tiny step in the right direction (at least it seems that they are actually considering some of what we've been trying to tell them!) adding a few words to the agreement doesn't solve the problems. The whole collaboration section has to be rewritten. Initiators should only be allowed to claim copyright if they are starting with a blank product, not the marketplace products. And they have to make it clear that it doesn't apply retroactively, because they can't change the legally binding contract between us and them regarding the designs we've already made. Furthermore, we really need an opt-out! Even if they made it so that the designer has to approve the "collaboration" first, that would be a step in the right direction.
Topic: Legal Issues with Zazzle
Connie Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:57:07 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Good point about the retroactive aspect of the terms. I would love to hear a lawyers input about the legality of it.

The big problem I see is that dang clause about agreeing to the terms just by using the site.

ETA: the question is... how binding is that?

Even if we agree to the new terms just by using the site, it can still only affect things going forward, not retroactively. The content we submitted in the past, was submitted under the old contract, with those specific terms. We never agreed that those terms could be changed retroactively.
Topic: Legal Issues with Zazzle
Connie Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:57:07 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Good point about the retroactive aspect of the terms. I would love to hear a lawyers input about the legality of it.

The big problem I see is that dang clause about agreeing to the terms just by using the site.

ETA: the question is... how binding is that?

Even if we agree to the new terms just by using the site, it can still only affect things going forward, not retroactively. The content we submitted in the past, was submitted under the old contract, with those specific terms. We never agreed that those terms could be changed retroactively.
Topic: MHCI Capstone Projects & Zazzle
Connie Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:21:18 PM
WittyBetty wrote:
I honestly do not care about these projects, be they implemented already or in progress, or forever dismissed by Zazzle, all I care is the new User Agreement and its very concerning parts. If Z implement something from these "ideas", I can adapt and work along but ONLY if the new Agreement is changed back to normal where a designer grants the license to the company and not to all its users.

I agree. At the very least they need to let us opt out.