Search

Results
Topic: Please Make it Easier to Follow your Best Practices for Metadata
Fuzzy Felosarix Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:17:45 PM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
My best seller has minimal wording, and I refuse to change it, since WHEREVER it's sitting, it sells sells sells. /shrug

Exactly - one doesn't change what's working. Which is why people who are consistently making Zazzle money aren't going to suddenly comply with what Zazzle tells us we should be doing with our titles, descriptions, and tags. They've already locked up their spot at the top of the curated categories and search results, so why would they?
Topic: Please Make it Easier to Follow your Best Practices for Metadata
Fuzzy Felosarix Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:13:00 PM
RGebbiePhoto wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
J32 Design wrote:
I have also noticed that a lot of top sellers seem to skip descriptions all together or simply repeat the title.

Not to mention what you'll see in their tags.

Seems like "rules for thee, not for me."

Or maybe because they rely on their links out to make sales, not on the marketplace.

If they're occupying the top spots in marketplace curation and search results, that seems rather doubtful.
Topic: Zazzle Ideas Blog
Fuzzy Felosarix Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:04:54 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I believe diversity in marketing and in the people working on the marketing is a good thing but maybe Zazzle's numbers don't support it or maybe their numbers are skewed by "self-fulfilling prophecy."

I think the latter; the more a place like this limits the visibility of its diversity, the less diverse of a place it will become.

ETA: Apologies to Susannah for hijacking the thread. I haven't looked at the blog in question - didn't know it existed.
Fuzzy Felosarix Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:04:54 PM
MarBethHomeDecor wrote:
I believe diversity in marketing and in the people working on the marketing is a good thing but maybe Zazzle's numbers don't support it or maybe their numbers are skewed by "self-fulfilling prophecy."

I think the latter; the more a place like this limits the visibility of its diversity, the less diverse of a place it will become.

ETA: Apologies to Susannah for hijacking the thread. I haven't looked at the blog in question - didn't know it existed.
Fuzzy Felosarix Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:02:57 PM
The_Simple_Succulent wrote:
I don't think being female oriented qualifies as anti-male.

It doesn't, but I think it's valid to question whether Zazzle has turned itself into a POD focused primarily on women.

It seems to me they have, and that raises the question of whether it's going to be worth it for people who are trying to market to men to stick around. Same goes for the many designers whose aesthetic doesn't fit what Zazzle's has become.

I stay mainly because of the design tool, but the newest incarnation hasn't been a plus for me.

Taken altogether, you might say I'm just biding my time until something better comes along, and I do keep looking.