Search

Results
Topic: A home page feed
Janna Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 7:21:47 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I've seen other sites that provide a feed of products and designs on their home page where there's a mixed and revolving display of old and new designs. It's a great way for customers to spot things they might otherwise never see. I doubt Zazzle would do this, but wouldn't it be so nice if designs that are locked away in the dark could come to light? I've seen some new designers come on board who could definitely sell if only they didn't start at the bottom of the list and stay there because of lack of eyes.

Yes, that would be nice for all of us! IdeaGreat idea. But I doubt it's going to happen.

I think Zazzle customers do not come to Zazzle to just see "what's going on at Zazzle". I think they come with the intent to buy a very specific product with a very specific design. For instance, they want a birthday card for their 90-year-old grandma with petunias (her favorite flower) and her special nickname, "Nana Ruth". If they just want a pretty birthday card for grandma, they can go to their local card shop and find plenty of them. The same goes for almost every other product at Zazzle.

For this reason, and I'm speaking for myself only, I give customers the option to put text of some sort on almost every design I make. It's always a template and they can delete it if they want. Sure, it may be tacky to have a big ole monogram on everything you own, but if that's what they came to Zazzle to get, I'm happy to sell it to them. If only Laverne could have shopped at Zazzle.

Product specific shopping is another reason to be really careful and thoughtful about our alloted 10 tags. If granddaughter comes looking for Nana Ruth's purple petunias and you don't have that as a tag, she's not going to find your card for Nana Ruth no matter how many purple petunias you have in the design. I was rather slow to catch on to this and now have the unpleasant chore of tightening up my tags. Stick out tongue

With a gazillion products on Zazzle from which to choose (watching my grammar since Gypsea is on this thread Smile), we don't stand much of a chance at all of being found unless we have specific tags, and in my opinion, the option for customers to personalize the product as they choose.

But back to Colorwash's original wish. Yeah, that would be great.
Topic: Towel Set Official Show Me Thread
Janna Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:53:35 AM
Anne Bell wrote:

Anne, if you want a picture of your product to show up in your Forum post, go to the product page for the item, click on the link icon,copy the BB code, and simply paste it into your Forum post. Smile
Topic: Nov 5, 2017 - Daylight Saving Time Ends
Janna Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:40:23 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Well, thanks a lot Mr. Franklin for messing up our circadian clocks twice a year just to save a couple of drops of lamp oil.

Cash in on the time switch by making "Move Your Clocks Back" postcards for Realtors. They send out thousands, if not millions Grin, of them twice a year!
Topic: This will NEVER sell in a billion years..but it did.
Janna Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:28:07 AM
Colorwash wrote:
The last time I saw pickled pigs feet was on the Food Network. I don't know that I've ever seen them in "real" life in spite of knowing they existed. I'm not sure I'd bother trying them. They're too real, too reminiscent of the living, breathing animal.

We currently have them in the grocery stores here in the South. As Thanksgiving approaches, I'm thankful that I don't work in a Pickled Pig Feet factory. Laughing
Topic: Unpopular products
Janna Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:19:31 AM
Jerry wrote:
I've sold a total of 14 (out of 1596 skins) Last Sold Date: 8/11/2016

time to delete those other 1582 skins I suppose...

Jerry, it sounds like you may be the Top Seller in the skins department. Maybe you shouldn't delete them just yet!